We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ratios- when making changa and when dosing Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 8/17/2010 1:25:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I was hoping someone could help me understand a thing or two about making Changa and dosing.

Actually I probably just need a lesson in basic math! lol

My last few batches my procedure is as follows-

I take 10 grams of caapi leaf and 10 grams of ground up vine and soak it in about 6oz of 99%IPA. I usually soak for a few weeks. shaking once or twice a day.

I then decant the bright, dark green IPA off, I filter and squeeze out the residual IPA from the leaf vine pulp.

I then take this liquid and I warm it up in a hot water bath I dissolve in it a gram of spice.

I then add a gram of cappi leaf. I shake this up in a jar and let soak for a couple of days.

I then evap off the IPA and the final dried changa is my product.

It seems that since I started using this method of making changa when I weigh out 60mg I'm not getting a 30mg dosing. Thats the way it feels.

I'm always very accurate when it comes to my dosing.

It dawned on me recently that I am getting more into my caapi leaf from the vine and 10grams of leaf so this must be accounting for why 60mgs of changa isnt delivering a 30mg voyage? dose this make sense?

I guess I should have been weighing my changa once its completely done so I know the weight of the extra harmalas in there? Or am I making more out of this than need be?

Maybe I just need to start smoking more? Tolerance maybe?

By the way I am SWIM.

lol
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/17/2010 1:33:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah I would weight it all after just to be sure..

I also find with changa that the last hit if I just stick the flame right on it after it all seems to be vaped there is still some there..
Long live the unwoke.

professor8
#3 Posted : 8/17/2010 8:07:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't forget that the dissolved alkaloids can add anywhere from 20%-50% extra weight after evaporation. You can solve this by evaping onto caapi leaf without spice then reweigh the resulting enhanced leaf. Now you can infuse with an accurate amount of spice. The extra step is well worth it :-)

HAPPY TRAVELS ¤
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 8/17/2010 10:44:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There must be a significant amount of alks that transfer over from the IPA soak. The only way to tell is to weigh the final product, subtract the leaf and the Spice amount you added and you should be left with the amount of alks that were pulled by the IPA.

Or smoke moreSmile

Ice House
#5 Posted : 8/17/2010 3:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

professor8 wrote:
Don't forget that the dissolved alkaloids can add anywhere from 20%-50% extra weight after evaporation. You can solve this by evaping onto caapi leaf without spice then reweigh the resulting enhanced leaf. Now you can infuse with an accurate amount of spice. The extra step is well worth it :-)

HAPPY TRAVELS ¤

Just like I figured. I do need to find the weight of the added alkaloids by weighing before adding spice. Thanks for the reminder.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

hyperspacing
#6 Posted : 8/17/2010 4:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It will help if you just make your 10/10x vine/caapi leaf first and let it dry. Then 1:1 that with your spice. That way you know its exact. Swim usually does .5-10x caapi/.5-assorted additives : 1. Spice
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.