We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My introduction essay Options

JamesLove
#1 Posted : 8/14/2010 1:49:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been reading this forum for many months and reading about DMT in general for about 5 years. This is a subject which interests me greatly as I am interested in the paranomal. My interests include, in no particular order, UFOs, the Shroud of Turin, the Miracle of the Sun, religion (I am not religious), meditation, Quantum Physics, String Theory and DMT.

In a strange roundabout way, I think it is possible that most of that stuff is all related to each other. At the head of the list of importance is Quantum Physics as this is the most scientific of the lot. However, what Quantum Physics suggests is pretty mindblowing. Despite spending hundreds of hours of my life reading about it, I do not profess to fully understand it. But I have read that in order for the results of QP to be true (which all experiments have confirmed thus far), one of the 4 must be true:
1) Reality is not what we think it is (i.e. we are brains in a vat or something like that).
2. There are multiple universes.
3. There is no free will
4. Everything is connected.

Of these recent results of experiments have leaned a bit towards the "Everything is connected". However, these results are by no means definitive in their interpretation.

Nobody in science has a clue what QP suggests. It is way out there. String theory introduces a whole other can of worms with its 11 dimensions.

So what does this all have to do with DMT? Well I find it VERY interesting indeed that "Everything is connected" is a common DMT insight. There are quite a few other interesting parallels with DMT and QP as well.

I also find it very interesting that DMT is located in the human body naturally. This, to me, makes it more interesting than say LSD or mushrooms.

I have quite a few things to say about the relation to DMT and various subjects. However, I don't want to blow all my ammo in this introductory message as I would prefer to post my thoughts and questions in more relevant forums.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

RastaNation
#2 Posted : 8/14/2010 2:05:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that your insight on connections and your ideas on theories are very well put. Welcome to the community. I've new myself, and reading this essay has me reading on some of these things.
"Just as a tree, though cut down, can grow again and again if its roots are undamaged and strong, in the same way if the roots of craving are not wholly uprooted sorrows will come again and again"

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 8/14/2010 2:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awareness is enough Pleased

Welcome to the Nexus Very happy
elusive illusion

RigelL
#4 Posted : 8/14/2010 3:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there James!

Welcome to the comunity Very happy
So have you tried DMT yet?
Love Quantum Phisics too =) it´s kinda bad dough that whenever they find things that go against mainstreem teories, stuff just kinda gets muffled and doesn´t really get out.

Much Peace

It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

JamesLove
#5 Posted : 8/14/2010 3:36:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

While I am no stranger to psychedlices, I have not even seen DMT, much less tried it.

So I don't have too much to contribute on that end, but it appears that section is pretty well taken care of by a myraid number of members.

I am ultimately interested in answering the many mystery of life questions which are out there. I probably have more questions than answers because I haven't done it.

I guess the big question is DMT a key to an alternate reality/dimension/whatever? Or is it just a drug which messes with one mind into thinking that it is?

The initial reaction of most non-takers would probably be it is just a drug which would seem to be the "easiest" solution. However, the results of Quantum Physics and String Theory suggests there is something very, very, very strange going on out there which nobody on this planet has figured out yet. One thing is for sure...the world is not what we know of it.

Then you throw in the fact that DMT is endogenous. Why? What is it doing there? Is it possible that it is some sort of 6th sense that has slowly been phased out via natural selection as it doesn't exactly help us too much with respect to killing lions or whatever?

It seems that the majority of people who have actually taken DMT think it is "realer than reality" which is pretty interesting.

In my opinion, the fact that QP and ST suggests there is something very odd going on out there, coupled with the fact that DMT is endogenous, makes me very seriously wonder if this is more than just a drug.

kyrolima
#6 Posted : 8/14/2010 4:04:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT opens you up to this field of hyperspace.
If it is just a delusion, why do i grow from it?

I see the brain as a quantum computer which works more freely on certain substances.
Because it FORCES you to increase your vibration!

Don't overdo thinking about the mystery. Just experience it with NO predjudices.
Be a child again.

Please don't do the mistake of overdosing. Start low, if it works for you stay on responsible dosages. There is a magic dosage for every body!

You have to find out what works best for you on yourself.

Cu soon Smile

elusive illusion

clearlyone
#7 Posted : 8/15/2010 12:50:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A ramification of QP you did not mention, yet perhaps equally profound, is the role of the Observer. In some real sense, if you agree with some interpretations, reality does not exist until it is measured or observed. Schrodinger's cat is a thought experiment that demonstrates the point. http://en.wikipedia.org/...Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

I find it interesting that QP essentially puts your awareness (the Observer) at the point or center of all creation. Of course, it's interesting that this apparently solid world is mostly empty space as well. Smile
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

JamesLove
#8 Posted : 8/15/2010 1:32:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There was a trip report somewhere on here in the last month or so (I tried to find it but couldn't) which more or less sounded like the "message" of the trip was that the poster was at the center of everything (i.e. the universe, et. al). The OP then spent some time rationalizing this as not being true because it wouldn't make sense.

Then another poster quietly commented that the OP was merely trying to justify what he discovered because the "truth" of what he discovered would suggest that he was insane in the real world and that he should instead of take the information at face value.

When I read this I thought of the observer portion of quantum mechanics. The observor portion of quantum mechanics more or less implies that if I do not look outside, there is a percentage chance that the moon is not there. This obviously doesn't make any sense in the "real world". But there are quite a few DMT trip reports that seem to stick their toes in this concept, without the poster seemingly aware of the whole quantum physics connection.

As I have said, I have spent a good half decade reading about DMT and quantum physics and I cannot tell you how many times I have noted parallels without the poster seemingly having a clue about quantum physics. Many people have reported seeing multiple dimensions which would also fit in well with string theory.

Modern day science has absolutely no idea how to explain the weirdness of quantum physics and string theory. They cannot even come up with a theory to explain that is how weird it is. To me DMT allowing a "hidden sense" to operate is actually the best theory yet on how to explain the bizarre world of quantum mechanics.

clearlyone
#9 Posted : 8/15/2010 2:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the "hidden sense" JamesLove.

Its interesting that in our times it seems common that we believe we generally understand something about reality. Interesting that many great minds are the first to point out how little we know. I vote for a few more senses.

SWIM wonders how his senses developed in hyperspace can be awakened fully in normal space as he notes natural occurrence of DMT in the human ... he also wonders if that even makes any sense ... or if it needs to.
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

JamesLove
#10 Posted : 8/15/2010 3:27:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"how his senses developed in hyperspace can be awakened fully in normal space"
I have read about yogis who have been studying meditation for 20 years or whatever and they say it is the same thing.

Other people in here say they meditate and they have had some interesting experiences but they don't get to the DMT level.

I wonder if DMT is a "steroid" of what is naturally in our body. Weightlifters who take steroids hold all the major lifting records by far. Take a look at a natural bodybuilding magazine and compare it to "Flex". Big difference.

Perhaps with decades of meditation training you can make it to low leves of the DMT world. I have no idea but these are just theories I have been mulling over.

clearlyone
#11 Posted : 8/15/2010 3:13:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JamesLove wrote:
I have read about yogis who have been studying meditation for 20 years or whatever and they say it is the same thing.

Other people in here say they meditate and they have had some interesting experiences but they don't get to the DMT level.

Does the 'it' in 'it is the same thing' the spaces or the senses? SWIM applies the advaita vedanta approach of self inquiry both in meditation and spice travels. Indeed there is something 'the same' across normal space, meditation, and spice journey. Not that what is experienced is similar at all! But what is it that is experiencing? 'The Primacy of Consciousness'? Not each realm features a human body and personality; In fact, the one that always did, now sometimes does not - which SWIM sees as progress Smile Indeed his mind is beginning to concede it is all 'the same thing' .... clearly one. Smile

Peace

JamesLove
#12 Posted : 8/15/2010 3:40:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting.

On a different note of Quantum Physics, I just got done watching "The Buddha" (available on Netflix). It was Buddha 101 for people like me.

Anywyay, lo and behold, the old "everything is connected" came up yet again.

For those interested, here is one of the central mysterious of quantum mechanics:
Einstein came out with his Theory of Relativity around 1905 or so. In the 1920s a group of scientists made breakthroughs in what is now called quantum mechanics. The scientific results were stunningly accurate, but the implications were bizarre.

Einstein never totally was a true believer in QM. He grudingly admitted it was a solid theory, but had a real problem with its implications. In 1935 or so, Einstein and a couple of his buddies came up with a seemingly paradox of QM which they called "Spooky Action at a Distance". This basically pointed out that QM suggested that if you took a entangled electron and moved it half way across the universe and flipped one of the parts of the electron, the other part would IMMEDIATELY move in the opposite direction. How would this be possible?

It was a valid point. However, decades later they were able to test it and lo and behold...Einstein was in fact wrong. The electrons DO move at least 10,000 times the speed of light with the measuring capabilities setting the lower limit.

This is seemingly impossible. How to explain it?

If you read my 1st post in this thread, you will see 4 explanations. All of which contradict our "real world" view of things.

But it is interesting how I keep on hearing this "everything is connected" in QP, Buddhaism, and even DMT. While there is no proof, I find it pretty interesting that something the Buddha said 2500 years ago jibes with 1925 breakthroughs in science.

I do not understand how everything is connected at all. But I think of the 4 possibilities listed, this will eventually be proven to be the correct answer.

gibran2
#13 Posted : 8/15/2010 4:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

JamesLove wrote:
...one of the 4 must be true:
1) Reality is not what we think it is (i.e. we are brains in a vat or something like that).
2. There are multiple universes.
3. There is no free will
4. Everything is connected.

They are all true.

gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Global
#14 Posted : 8/15/2010 4:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Mr_DMT wrote:
Awareness is enough Pleased

Welcome to the Nexus Very happy

Not for everybody.

Welcome to the nexus JamesLove
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

endlessness
#15 Posted : 8/19/2010 4:21:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, JamesLove!

I think its nice that you are interested in reading about diverse subjects such as quantum mechanics, dmt and what not. There's a lot of us here who also are. I would suggest you to be careful when forming conclusions in your mind or connecting too much of it all in one sack, because we all know how the mind loves to do that with self-fulfilling prophecies and perceptive filtering ("The Prover proves what the Thinker thinks"Pleased. Here's one example: you think its amazing the fact that dmt is endogenous and therefore you consider it to be somehow a part of the 'plot' in all this mystery, but.... did you know there are other endogenous tryptamines in our body, such as bufotenine for example? So dmt is not special in this aspect, and nobody really talks about bufotenine.....

Also, once you do try dmt sometime you'll see, that connecting it to quantum physics or to whatever else is just not enough. This stuff is just mind-boggling, its hard to describe, its beyond all of these explanations even if they are interesting to ponder about. This stuff will really bring you farther than you can imagine and more. All the attempts at explanations end up seeming feeble compared to what one actually experienced. Which doesnt mean you shouldnt question about it, of course, but there is this 'mistery' feeling behind it that cant be solved, it will just always bring way more questions than answers. At some point one just gotta 'let go', and work with daily life, because thats where the real challenge is at. Talking about religion and philosophy and quantum mechanics is nice and fun, the mistery is in trying to use these experiences to be more patient with our relatives, or to dedicate ourselves to our jobs or studies better, or to try to be more sustainable, or whatever other tangible important things we must face. I think all the philosophical questions need to be balanced with down-to-earth self-reflection (not saying you are not doing that, just putting this perspective out there)

By the way, why dont you extract dmt? If youre so interested in it.... all the information you'll ever need is right here in this community, and you dont need to be a chemist to do it any more than you need to be a professional cook or nutritionist to make yourself a sandwhich or a meal. Check the FAQ and the WIKI, spend some time reading and you'll soon enough get what its all about, and be able to finally get access to this substance you wonder so much about. Its all at the reach of your fingertips Smile

See you around