We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Respecting Nature (2C-E) Options

RastaNation
#1 Posted : 8/14/2010 1:12:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last night I had one of the most intense 2C-E trips I've ever experienced.

About 2:00pm I took 22mg nasally. I immediately felt the trip come on - stronger than ever. It was overwhelming at first - I was scared. I could feel my heart racing and was overcome with this feeling of intense terror. I started pacing, went outside, took of most of my clothes due to the intense heat. After about a half hour I felt a bit more at peace and was ready to to depart on my trip. I laid back on my couch and listened to "Learning to fly" by pink floyd. I closed my eyes and pictured myself as a bird coasting through the sky. At the end of the song, I opened my eyes and got out my old African drum. I began to play - I think it sounded much better to me than it actually was, but I really felt that I had expressed myself. At this point I felt the need to go outside. I spent roughly an hour sitting by the water near my apartment. The water rolled in one of the most beautiful patterns I've ever seen. I watched the fish swimming, just living so peacefully amongst each other. I laid back and watched the clouds kaleidoscope about the sky. It began to get dark and the clouds started to fade into stars. I walked through the grassy field near my house and sat down. I watched the bugs flying and crawling about. The trees seem to twist amongst each other, and flow with the wind. They almost danced to the tune of nature. Everything was incredible. I felt so incredibly at peace with nature. Event he mosquitoes didn't bother me (until the next day). The trip was very colorful, especially the water, trees, and grass. The sky was more blue than ever. Overall, this was a very productive trip. As I walk outside now, nothing seems quite the same. It was a very visual trip, and it's hard to see things in the same dull way I used to. Very incredible.
"Just as a tree, though cut down, can grow again and again if its roots are undamaged and strong, in the same way if the roots of craving are not wholly uprooted sorrows will come again and again"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

JesusGreen
#2 Posted : 8/15/2010 11:01:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad to see you've benefited from this compound as I have. It's also nice to see more people trying out higher nasal doses, as too many people seem too put off to try it - but in my experience it's a very rewarding ROA. I know what you mean about the first hour though, in my experience the first hour can be fun - but regardless of whether it is enjoyable or not, it is always a very quick and rough ride - once the second hour hits though it gets very calm and relaxing.

My last experience with 2C-E in nature led to me allowing 20+ mosquitos in the woods to bite me, I certainly regretted that the next morning haha.

x1balba
#3 Posted : 8/15/2010 12:27:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Insufflation is definitely the way to go with 2C-E. I've had some quite profound and magical experiences with it and can understand why Dr. Shulgin places it in his "magical half-dozen". 2C-E and 2C-I have quite literally changed my life for the better, although 2C-I gives me some very undesirable effects and I steer clear of it now. The initial rush can be pretty heavy with anxiety, but once the waves of euphoria start to kick in it's truly a beautiful thing. I think everyone should try to have at least a few psychedelic experiences in nature, focusing on the world around them, as it creates a special bond and a new appreciation with the natural world.
Anything stated above is a work of pure fiction. The delusional author is writing a story about his imaginary friends. The author does not condone nor participate in any illegal activities. Anything said by the author should not be attempted, taken seriously, or believed. Enjoy the story.

It seems like everyone is sleep-walking through their waking state or wake-walking through their dreams. -Waking Life

RastaNation
#4 Posted : 8/15/2010 2:25:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are dangerous doses of 2CE?
I've kept fairly low doses simply because I've read some horror stories about cardiovascular issues, etc.
In fact, I made the mistake of reading some reports after having dosed - and spend the majority of one trip afraid that
"A black cloaked entity would then choke me" - which one user stated was a sign of a heavy over dose, and in fact could prove fatal.
(That was around 55mg, I had dosed on about 35)
"Just as a tree, though cut down, can grow again and again if its roots are undamaged and strong, in the same way if the roots of craving are not wholly uprooted sorrows will come again and again"

x1balba
#5 Posted : 8/15/2010 3:26:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Everyone's body is different, and everyone reacts differently to substances. There is no definitive number regarding safety/danger zones. For example, 20mg oral (Erowid's common-strong dose) 2C-I provides me with an overwhelming experience full of anxiety and sheer mental terror, whereas I have friends who can take 50mg oral without giving it a second thought. With 2C-E, the same amount (20mg oral, Erowid's strong-heavy dose) is very euphoric and peaceful. My body just dislikes the iodine attachment in 2C-I. Just remember that insufflated doses are significantly lower then oral doses, and slowly work your way up to a comfortable level.
Anything stated above is a work of pure fiction. The delusional author is writing a story about his imaginary friends. The author does not condone nor participate in any illegal activities. Anything said by the author should not be attempted, taken seriously, or believed. Enjoy the story.

It seems like everyone is sleep-walking through their waking state or wake-walking through their dreams. -Waking Life

JesusGreen
#6 Posted : 8/15/2010 3:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, though I think this is a relatively safe compound. I personally know people who have consumed 200-250mg+ orally, and even IVed 100-150mg amounts. Ridiculously reckless and high doses, but they came out alive and rather happy with their experiences in the end.

However I would never go anywhere near such a high amount. I think 50mg nasally or 100mg orally would be my max dose limit (and still a very high one at that), sure more might be more intense but it's really not worth the risk since this is a research chemical after all.

x1balba
#7 Posted : 8/16/2010 4:02:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JesusGreen is right, the 2C-B through 2C-I substances are fairly safe in most people as far as toxicity goes. The biggest things I've noticed to watch for are vasoconstriction and tachycardia. Not something to take lightly. It sounds like the biggest issue you had was anxiety, so I would think it's safe to proceed with slightly higher doses in moderation. Best bet is to have someone sober and mostly intelligent nearby if you can't resist attempting a heroic dose.

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern
#8 Posted : 8/16/2010 4:50:35 PM

Nameless

I find it reckless to do 2C-E snorted. The response-dose curve is just too steep. I do orally 8-10mg and it is gentle and fine, and if I to 12-14mg and it is a psychedelic roller coaster.

Already having a pain dosing orally (dissolving and measuring volumes), I just can't manage to dose so accurately up the nose.
DMT T-Shirts, badges, mugs...
Comments by SGSMP are fantastic fabrications.

RastaNation
#9 Posted : 8/16/2010 6:19:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My anxiety, no doubt, came from fear of tachycardia - I could feel my heart racing at (what seemed like) a dangerous pace.
Had it not been for that - I wouldn't have been worried.
Maybe it is starting to wear on my cardiovascular system? Towards the end of the trip/the next day it felt like my heart was pumping pins and needles.
I didn't think 20mg was all that heroic - though I just ordered a new scale, because my other one was inaccurate and for my safety it is vital that I know how much exactly I took.

8-10mg orally is nowhere near enough for me - it gets me started, but I seek heavy, intense trips - I just like to know that I wont need to be rushed to the hospital.

Gangaley
#10 Posted : 8/16/2010 6:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i find that 2c-e is one of the more interesting RC's. i tend to lean towards the nasal ingestion becasue orally i feel like the experience isn't with you the whole trip. snorting it however i have had some of the most mind altering experience's of my life (second to 4-aco-dmt). the waves of color and feeling of bliss isn't one i've felt from any other chemical. i'm really glad to read about other people who enjoy RC's becasue i feel like that get a bad name being called a research chemical. really tho isn't this the same boat LSD was in back in the day?
ohh sorry i strayed off topic

Infinite I
#11 Posted : 8/16/2010 10:48:19 PM

JC

Your right gangaley, mdma was also a research chemical and look how popular that became.

Is it painful to snort? whats the drip like? A friend of mines has 50mg left over and id mentioned snorting but dont want lots of pain

x1balba
#12 Posted : 8/16/2010 11:39:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

20mg isn't heroic at all. I'd say it's above normal, but nowhere near heroic. I would consider JesusGreen's talk about 50mg nasal/100mg oral to be heroic, and his friends doing 200-250mg oral/100-150 IV to be in the realm of pure stupidity. The response/dose curve when insufflated isn't steep when done properly. In my beginning days of 2C-E exploration, I didn't have a scale. I would put out a TINY amount, about the size of ---> O I would then wait 5-10 minutes, and repeat, until I achieved desired effects. It was probably stupid to dose this way as I had no idea the amount I was taking, and I wouldn't suggest anyone to try this, but it was definitely safer then laying out a coke-sized line and taking that to the head. When insufflated, it's easier to get to desired effects because the waiting time is cut down to almost nothing, as opposed to the 2 hour come-up with oral ingestion.

I've also noticed somewhat of the "heart pumping pins and needles" feeling at times on the come-down. I'm not sure what this is attributed to directly, but it's made me back off of it a bit until I find out more. I plan on getting a physical and a heart examination soon. I'm only 28, but have a family history of heart disease, so it's not something I take lightly or want to go about foolishly.

The pain when insufflated is quite pronounced, but disappears in a few minutes. I get about 3 minutes of burn when I do it. It's more intense pain if the sinuses aren't totally clear, as some of it tends to get stuck in the nostrils and burns quite a bit. With such a small amount, I find virtually no drip. Just be careful with your insufflated amounts, it hits a lot faster and harder then an oral dose. It's much easier to start small and work up.

To stay on-topic with the OP, how richly detailed were the CEV's during "I closed my eyes and pictured myself as a bird coasting through the sky"? I've gotten some quite visual CEV's at lower doses, which seemed to play along with the music as well. I'm curious how these evolve at higher doses.

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern wrote:
Already having a pain dosing orally (dissolving and measuring volumes), I just can't manage to dose so accurately up the nose.

What method are you using?

RastaNation
#13 Posted : 8/17/2010 1:13:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The CEV's were very pronounced. I could see clouds, trees, streets, grass - it felt almost real, though it didn't seem to last all that long. After that was over it became very colorful, just seeing explosions of flashing color when closing my eyes. I spent some time watching "Pink Floyd The Wall" as well - I feel like it taught me a lot about all my old habits and lifestyle. Quite incredible.

Scunch
#14 Posted : 10/2/2010 12:38:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I prefer oral dosing with a couple of nasal bumps myself. In my experience the oral doses give very crisp and strong visuals including overlays, while snorting seems to produce a dirtier tracer/morphing effect. 20 mg oral with a few small bumps (3-5 mg I'd guess) puts me at a strong and comfortable place. The highest I've gone personally is 25 mg oral (which seems to be stronger than 20 mg oral+ 5mg nasal) and it was a neat trip. I've been experimenting with the chemical quite a bit for the last few days, it's really good for watching and getting in absorbed in almost any media, whether it be a TV (children's programming with a friend is especially entertaining), a series (animated is a plus), a video game or just art (still pictures seem to move and flow naturally). It's also very very good for walking around and appreciating nature, it's almost like your vision is zoomed in and the plants around you are growing in high speed. It's a surreal and awesome chemical. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that the negative parts of the body high such as muscle clenching, twitching and general discomfort seem to fade the more you do it? I've noticed the body high getting less and less annoying. By the 5th trip it stopped bothering me near completely and now on the 7th I'm beginning to find it almost pleasant.