We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
Recommendations for torch lighter with GVG? Options

rudder
#121 Posted : 12/4/2012 5:01:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Good thread...it sounds like this is the one to go with:
http://www.bernzomatic.com/item.html?id=84
or perhaps the model with the adjustable neck for "hard to reach areas"

The whole first half of this thread sounds like an ad for arc lighters. Why not just use a good torch lighter from your local smoke shop? Who really cares if it's the ARC Lighter tm?!

And regarding soot buildup...what's the best way to clean your GVG?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DudeMeetTyler
#122 Posted : 12/4/2012 5:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey rudder,

Your right any torch should theoretically work. However, I can attest that some torches do not work being held upside down (the ones I have are not bent like the arc and must be held upside down to heat the ceramic filter, which then proceed to conk out shortly after being turned upside down). So the one you posted with the flexible neck should work.

And I have not had problems with soot build up on my ceramic filter but here is the link from the Vapor Genie site

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

rudder
#123 Posted : 12/4/2012 7:32:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure 420 friendly smoke shops will stock butane torch lighters that are specifically designed for shooting a flame downwards.

Thanks for the link.

DudeMeetTyler
#124 Posted : 12/9/2012 6:09:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So after some consideration I went and recently ordered the Vector Volt torch ligther, as mentioned earlier in the thread (can't remember by who).

I made this choice as:
1)Customer Service - after contacting a few companies inquiring if they shipped internationally (as there was no mention on their websites), these guys were the only ones to respond within a decent amount of time (2 days) and kept communication flowing for 3 or 4 emails, I had a few questions lol. Anyways the other site took over a week then didnt respond to my next email, while the other didnt respond at all (both selling unbranded arcs)

and
2)Lifetime Warranty - It was only slightly more than some non-labeled arcs, at $25 (the ebay ones are not $33 a piece the last time I checked and a few other sites have them for about S15) but it carries a Lifetime Warranty, which I don't believe the others have.

I will update when it arrives. I can't wait! I haven't smoked much spice lately as I didnt have a working lighter and didn't want to waste any.

So I just received my Vector Volt today. From order to my house took 10 days and I am an international customer. Works great so far.. Cant wait to put it to the test Smile

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

humblebee
#125 Posted : 1/8/2013 9:11:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I followed the advice of someone on this site to get the arc and do not regret is at all. I live in California and got it at a head shop for $14. It's everything they say and more...I use w GVG.
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

adam
#126 Posted : 6/22/2013 5:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.amazon.com/Ve...ords=vector+volt+lighter

I bought this lighter and have to say its pretty amazing, I have used other torches for cannabis smoking that were to powerful for vaporizing dmt. This lighter is the perfect strength and well put together. I will update if it breaks or malfunctions although I doubt that will happen. Someone in this thread recommended it before btw.

«PREV567