We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Recommendations for torch lighter with GVG? Options

muad dib
#41 Posted : 1/20/2011 2:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Got my Arc the other day. It's a lovely piece of gear indeed.

What I'm wondering is how important it is to get triple or better refined butane canisters? I had no idea specialty fuel was a part of properly maintaining one of these long-term. Just how critical is it to buy highly refined butane?

Regards,
Muad'dib

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PsilocybeChild
#42 Posted : 1/21/2011 12:23:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idk if this has been mentioned before but VaporGenie say do not use a torch lighter with the GVG in the manual and wherever else. Are they protecting their own asses from covering your GVG just incase? How safe do yous think it is to use one? Do you just try to be mindful not to directly burn the glass with it?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

tele
#43 Posted : 1/21/2011 10:57:35 AM
Explorer

PsilocybeChild wrote:
idk if this has been mentioned before but VaporGenie say do not use a torch lighter with the GVG in the manual and wherever else. Are they protecting their own asses from covering your GVG just incase? How safe do yous think it is to use one? Do you just try to be mindful not to directly burn the glass with it?

It's just the companys own "insurance" against someone heating the glass directly for too long, I think. However, it's safe to use torch, just keep it away from the glass.

BTW, arc is THE lighter for GVG! Got one from ebay and it's really nice in every sense.

endlessness
#44 Posted : 1/21/2011 11:17:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah some people must have broken GVG's by putting the torch lighter straight into the glass for long, which seems pretty silly thing to do, I dont know why one would. The fire has to be directed towards the ceramic filter, which is very easy to do. I've had the vaporgenie for many months now using a torch lighter and have had no problem at all.

Global
#45 Posted : 1/21/2011 2:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I just got my arc lighter in the mail the other day, and let me tell you, I love it. I feel like I can finally utilize the GVG the way it was meant to be utilized. I had a $50 butane lighter that was terrible. I mean I figured you pay for quality, but this was paying for garbage. Don't know how I've been getting along without my arc though.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gibran2
#46 Posted : 1/21/2011 3:13:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
yeah some people must have broken GVG's by putting the torch lighter straight into the glass for long, which seems pretty silly thing to do, I dont know why one would. The fire has to be directed towards the ceramic filter, which is very easy to do. I've had the vaporgenie for many months now using a torch lighter and have had no problem at all.

I have a small hairline crack in the top piece of my GVG. Before I got the arc, I was experimenting with a few different lighters, and I think I cracked it when I used a hobby torch – much too powerful!

Also, some of us (such as myself) lose their depth perception almost immediately when inhaling DMT. Combine that with a bit of farsightedness and it can be hard to be sure the lighter is properly centered over the ceramic diffuser. That’s the main reason I always try to get a full dose in one hit.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

cker
#47 Posted : 1/21/2011 6:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be a good idea to evenly warm up the top piece a little prior to vaporizing?

MelCat
#48 Posted : 1/21/2011 10:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@cker - Here is a quote from Endlessness on The GVG thread that describes and excellent way to vape using the GVG.

endlessness wrote:
Start the lighter farther away from the bowl. I empty all my lungs, and start inhaling very slowly as I approach the lighter, so that the tip of the blue flame is inside the bowl and the ceramic filter starts to glow red (though not too much). Then as soon as I see the first signs of any vapour (basically a second or two), I already move the lighter farther away so that the tip of the blue flame is a few (maybe 2?) centimeters above the bowl (but still directed towards the center of course). I keep pulling with my full lungs and the lighter still on till the last maybe 3-4 seconds where I turn off the lighter and just inhale whatever vapor is already inside the GVG

The only difference I've found that helps is when I bring the lighter closer, I make small circles in the center of the element so that the whole thing heats up evenly.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

endlessness
#49 Posted : 1/21/2011 10:57:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah definitely Melodic! Also another thing I forgot which should be added to that description is to leave a bit of space in the lungs to breathe in fresh air afterwards, it helps being able to keep the dmt for longer in the lungs (and I remember someone quite convincingly arguing about the pressure from new air helping absorption in the lungs)

endlessness
#50 Posted : 1/22/2011 12:15:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

I have a small hairline crack in the top piece of my GVG. Before I got the arc, I was experimenting with a few different lighters, and I think I cracked it when I used a hobby torch – much too powerful!

Also, some of us (such as myself) lose their depth perception almost immediately when inhaling DMT. Combine that with a bit of farsightedness and it can be hard to be sure the lighter is properly centered over the ceramic diffuser. That’s the main reason I always try to get a full dose in one hit.

Thanks for pointing out that my experience cant be generalized Smile

Yeah I guess for me its just so automatic, as if my body by itself finds the position. Even if I cant see properly I can get it, when I dont clear the dose in one hit and have to go for a second or third one I still get it right. But I can udnerstand if for some people it becomes hard, in that sense I guess its safer to have a normal lighter.. Ill continue with the torch lighter though.

Global
#51 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:11:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

endlessness wrote:
Yeah definitely Melodic! Also another thing I forgot which should be added to that description is to leave a bit of space in the lungs to breathe in fresh air afterwards, it helps being able to keep the dmt for longer in the lungs (and I remember someone quite convincingly arguing about the pressure from new air helping absorption in the lungs)

I read this somewhere here a couple days ago, and it really works wonders. First of all, it makes it significantly easier to hold in more spice for longer, and secondly I guess I'm to understand that it makes for a more thorough absorption as well due to vapor being trapped in parts of the airway that won't be absorbing any of it. I have modified my technique with great results over the past few days with the arc torch lighter, taking that little bit of fresh air in at the end of a hit, and positioning my screens so they fit better. I've been getting high quality experiences every time.

About half an hour ago I really pushed my limits. Not only were my hands and room already transformed before I closed my eyes, but the air had a very big "warning" feeling in the air, as if to say, "listen buddy, you've gone too far." I knew I could still take another hit, so I did. When I exhaled and closed my eyes, it was amazing. It was a different kind of experience altogether. It moved very quickly. I saw this very bright point that zipped along and became a laser being shot out of an Egyptian looking totem. The laser traveled very quickly until it hit a castle that from the outside looked simply magnificent. It was beyond detailed. I then entered the castle through the chimney as I saw a room constructing itself on the inside, but as it did so, I was running out of juice so I eventually just zoomed rather endlessly into the fractals I was seeing (making me realize just how fractal they really are: same pattern inside every part), and when I finally opened my eyes I was in that familiar realm that's my room with matter wandering to and fro.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

owsley
#52 Posted : 2/11/2011 12:22:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been considering the arc for a while, for the quality it's made out to be here the price is a steal.
जय गुरुदेव ॐ

Attention All Shipping
#53 Posted : 2/11/2011 10:23:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just got the Arc myself, it is really good quality & solid construction. Flame is solid, steady & lights every time. There's even a little window to see when the gas is getting low.

ragabr
#54 Posted : 2/13/2011 2:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just saw this today, and am thinking about trying it out. Essentially, it converts your normal lighter into a torch lighter. It won the Backpacker Editors' Choice award, which makes me think it has to be pretty solid. Under $20!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

jbark
#55 Posted : 3/22/2011 1:57:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn. Ordered my GVG and have been looking for a lighter, so I tried about 20 of the site links on the turbo flame site and NO ONE will deliver the Arc to Canada... likewise the vector pipe lighter... Anyone know how I can get the arc in Canada, or have any other lighter recommendations? I have a cheap butane lighter that I use for my glass pipe, but i am worried using it on the angle required will risk cracking my new GVG...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

corpus callosum
#56 Posted : 3/22/2011 6:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

JBark- try http://www.sailgb.com ; they carry the arc turboflame and their site says they will ship to Canada.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

gammagore
#57 Posted : 3/22/2011 10:10:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark
#58 Posted : 3/22/2011 1:15:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys, but DAMN again!! Gammagore, by the time i got to that link they were all gone and corpus callosum, when you fill in the country field as Canada, a warning comes up on the right hand side, like the other sites, that says they will not ship to Canada :evil: .

I will trawl ebay and try to find one i guess, or look for something local and inferior...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

DMTripper
#59 Posted : 3/22/2011 2:46:01 PM

John Murdoch IV

ragabr wrote:
I just saw this today, and am thinking about trying it out. Essentially, it converts your normal lighter into a torch lighter. It won the Backpacker Editors' Choice award, which makes me think it has to be pretty solid. Under $20!

This is brilliant Smile I'm going to get one of those Smile Thanx for the link!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

obliguhl
#60 Posted : 3/22/2011 5:50:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered a 3 bucks torch from dealextreme the other day. I guess it will work just as fine.

PREV12345NEXT»