We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Recommendations for torch lighter with GVG? Options

The Traveler
#21 Posted : 10/25/2010 10:55:04 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Trickster wrote:
I tried every imaginable heating device (torches, bics, candles, matches, homemade electric heating coils, heat guns, etc).

Dremel heat gun is the best. You would not even need a GVG. It can vaporize changa or straight spice from anything.

It is simply impossible to overheat the spice, let alone to burn it.

No experience is needed. It does not heat too much to ignite anything if dropped and it stops wokring once dropped.

It surprises me that every time I see you make this post about the heat gun that no one replies to it. I think this is VERY interesting and maybe you can make a thread about it? With information on how exactly you use it, methods to use with different materials, etc.

I'm really curious about it. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Rivea
#22 Posted : 10/26/2010 1:40:14 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I have never thought to use my heat gun which I use for heat shrink insulation when I build connectors.... My blazer lighter works pretty well even if you have to hold it nearly upside down for it to work properly. It is reliable and has a huge butane tank on it for its compact size.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

DMTripper
#23 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:10:10 AM

John Murdoch IV

I have the GVG and a good torch lighter so I don't need to look any further. I have the perfect equipment for vaping DMT Very happy And I love it.
Was btw. just coming back from one hell of a ride through hyperspace. Changa made of 10x caapi, calea and DMT is extremely powerful stuff!!! Very happy I feel sooooo alive Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Dark Matter
#24 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:00:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently got the Arc Turboflame lighter, wich is probably the best tool ever, in combo with my GVG.

I find out that I need to take about 5 tokes in the genie in order to break through, is it the same with everybody or?

Also got some minor problems with the lighter. Often doesn't light up and needs to be tried a couple of times before it works. Could it be because I'm not using "double refined" butane? Where do I find this kind of butane, by the way?

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." - Aleister Crowley

Dark Matter is merely a byproduct of the Mind's imagination. Everything written on this board in his name is pure fiction. He is nothing more than an Illusion. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

gibran2
#25 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:02:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Dark Matter wrote:
Recently got the Arc Turboflame lighter, wich is probably the best tool ever, in combo with my GVG.

I find out that I need to take about 5 tokes in the genie in order to break through, is it the same with everybody or?

Also got some minor problems with the lighter. Often doesn't light up and needs to be tried a couple of times before it works. Could it be because I'm not using "double refined" butane? Where do I find this kind of butane, by the way?

I also use the Arc and GVG. I’m able to take a full dose in a single inhalation – every time. Five inhalations? Sounds like your doing something wrong (unless, of course, you want to take a dose spread out over 5 inhalations). What do you put your DMT onto?

I’ve never had any problems getting the lighter to light. I doubt it's a butane issue.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

justine
#26 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:26:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dark matter-> I also have an arc and a gvg and I can vaporize 30mg in a single inhalation so my guess is that you either :

- Do not inhale long enough
- Do not apply enough heat (but that's unlikely)
- Do not hold the smoke long enough (you must hold it for at least 10 seconds, I usually hold it for 20 seconds)
- Do not use enough screens and herbs, I use 11 screens + a mullein bed and NEVER have any bleed-through.

As for the fact that you have issues lighting your arc up you can increase the gas flow (I've set it on max) and also you should
put it in your fridge for at least 30 minutes before you fill it up with butane, that way it will hold much more gas.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Swarupa
#27 Posted : 10/27/2010 10:59:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Im going to order the arc myself at the end of the month, how close do you find you have to have the tip of the flame to the GVG filter before vapor starts forming?

Dark Matter
#28 Posted : 10/27/2010 5:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:
Dark matter-> I also have an arc and a gvg and I can vaporize 30mg in a single inhalation so my guess is that you either :

- Do not inhale long enough
- Do not apply enough heat (but that's unlikely)
- Do not hold the smoke long enough (you must hold it for at least 10 seconds, I usually hold it for 20 seconds)
- Do not use enough screens and herbs, I use 11 screens + a mullein bed and NEVER have any bleed-through.

As for the fact that you have issues lighting your arc up you can increase the gas flow (I've set it on max) and also you should
put it in your fridge for at least 30 minutes before you fill it up with butane, that way it will hold much more gas.

Thanks. I think that the flame of my lighter not being strong enough (fixed that) made it too long to heat the element (and in conclusion, too long to get a good inhalation). Will try adding more screens also.

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." - Aleister Crowley

Dark Matter is merely a byproduct of the Mind's imagination. Everything written on this board in his name is pure fiction. He is nothing more than an Illusion. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

gammagore
#29 Posted : 10/27/2010 10:03:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:
Im going to order the arc myself at the end of the month, how close do you find you have to have the tip of the flame to the GVG filter before vapor starts forming?

I will give it a full blast of heat for the firat second or two, then il pull the flame away a little.

You just gotta test it out and find what works best for youSmile

Swarupa
#30 Posted : 12/11/2010 3:56:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone with the arc... can you confirm that you can turn the flame down to the extent that you could use it to SLOWLY burn a bowl of changa? (i'm not using it with the GVG)

Thanks in advance...

MelCat
#31 Posted : 12/11/2010 6:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just ordered my GVG and the arc lighter from this link.

I'm really looking forward to trying them both out.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

nn-DMT
#32 Posted : 12/11/2010 6:28:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:

Anyone with the arc... can you confirm that you can turn the flame down to the extent that you could use it to SLOWLY burn a bowl of changa? (im not using it with the GVG)

Thanks in advance...

I got an arc like a month ago after reading this thread. I am VERY pleased with it. You can adjust the flame to be huge or very tiny. I dont have a GVG either but the arc works perfect with a bowl of changa. It never misfires unless it's low on fuel. You will not be disappointed. in short... YES!
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

gammagore
#33 Posted : 12/11/2010 6:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ yip, ive used my arc with both my GVG and bong(ash sandwich) and it works wonders for both. The flame is really direct so its easy to control the temp applied to the bowl.
I find that in our colder days I need to warm up my arc first, like il have to keep it in my hands for a few minutes for it to fire up properly. Only in the warmer summer months does it fire up no problem.

Swarupa
#34 Posted : 12/27/2010 5:40:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have any issues with getting a steady small flame on the arc?

When its turned up half way or more the flame is reliable, but if i turn it all the way down the flame ignites a couple times then dies out, so the lighter doesn't work on the lowest setting. I've had plenty lighters in the past where the lowest setting doesn't get a steady flame... but id like to hear from fellow nexicans if this is their experience with the arc?

Im concerned about using the arc with the GVG aswell, vapor genie have now put a statement on their website to not use torch lighters with the GVG as they can crack the glass.

MelCat
#35 Posted : 12/27/2010 6:03:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm still waiting for my Arc to come in, so I can't really offer any advice on the flame adjustment.

I have read that you need to hold the Arc in your hands for a few minutes to get it warmed up when it's kinda cold out.

I've been reluctant to use any other torch lighter with my GVG because of the cracking issue.

From what I can tell (which isn't hands on, so this is speculation on my part), the Arc's flame is so precise that you can hit the element itself without touching the glass.

As long as you just heat the element, you should be fine. Just stay away from the glass as much as possible.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Swarupa
#36 Posted : 12/27/2010 6:16:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Back when i bought the CVG i also bought the lighter they were selling to go with the VG, its a vector pipe lighter that lights at a 90degree angle, next to the arc its the nicest & most reliable lighter i own.

Im going to try using that first & maybe give the arc a couple test runs to see if it's any better, if the vector does the job i can't see reason to risk using a torch lighter, vapor genie even sell the glass replacement parts wihtout the ceramic filter as this is obviously an issue.

gibran2
#37 Posted : 12/27/2010 6:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Chronic wrote:
Does anyone have any issues with getting a steady small flame on the arc?

When its turned up half way or more the flame is reliable, but if i turn it all the way down the flame ignites a couple times then dies out, so the lighter doesn't work on the lowest setting. I've had plenty lighters in the past where the lowest setting doesn't get a steady flame... but id like to hear from fellow nexicans if this is their experience with the arc?

Im concerned about using the arc with the GVG aswell, vapor genie have now put a statement on their website to not use torch lighters with the GVG as they can crack the glass.

I can’t get a very small flame on my arc either. Below a certain setting, it won’t even ignite. I also can’t get a very large flame – the range of adjustment seems very narrow. From lowest setting to highest is only about 1/4 turn.

As far as using a butane torch with the GVG goes, just be sure to keep the flame centered over the bowl and above the ceramic diffuser – don’t point it directly at any glass surfaces and you should be OK. (I have a hairline crack in my top piece from one time when I used a high-powered hobby torch.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

endlessness
#38 Posted : 12/27/2010 8:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My arc is (hopefully) on the mail so I dont know about it yet, but regarding torch lighters and GVG, I havent had any problem. Ive used it many many times (even with too-strong torch lighters) and had no problems. Just point it towards the ceramic filter (as one should, anyways), not the glass.

Eden
#39 Posted : 12/27/2010 8:57:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I can’t get a very small flame on my arc either. Below a certain setting, it won’t even ignite. I also can’t get a very large flame – the range of adjustment seems very narrow. From lowest setting to highest is only about 1/4 turn.

I have found most unsteady lighting issues come from not completely draining the reservoir before refilling.
It doesn't fully clear the issue, but I get a steady cone at 1/3 flow when before it had to be at 3/4.
Heating it up with your hand for a few minutes before also helps a lot.

tele
#40 Posted : 12/28/2010 10:42:08 AM
Explorer

Has anyone compared blazer's lighter with the arc? Which one's better?

PREV1234NEXT»