We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First Time Aya tripping...need advice =) Options

Phantastica
#21 Posted : 8/26/2010 4:39:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
(and it's better to hear that from a fellow human than a 203598235092348023984 year old entity who can only speak in flames. Pleased )

lmao this guy sounds very scary indeed. that is one old wrinkly motherfucker (but don't tell him i said that)

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I would recommend hunting down a good, stainless steel pot. I snagged a 20-liter veritable cauldron for $70... it was worth every cent.

Do you have an aunt or a grandma who would loan you a pot to "make a stew for some buddies"? Pleased

unfortunately not. my family is the first generation to live here in US, and i recently moved from my previous location, so i barely know anyone..
as for buying a non-aluminum pot, if i was to eventually buy, i was planning on buying a Granite pot instead of stainless. Its super cheap compared to stainless steel. this would get the job done, right?

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I cook because it works for me... it's the way I built my relationship with the vine and the way she prefers to be prepared. Building a THP is beyond my scope of comprehension, but, fortunately, boiling a pot is not. Smile There is something magical about staring over a bubbling pot for nine hours. Things form in the steam... hisses and crackles come out of the pot... strange shapes appear... it is very interactive. There is also MUCH to be learned about your herbs from the smell...

It's intimacy. Warm and cuddly (or, boiling hot) intimacy.

i'm sure watching the bubbles crackle, pop, and hissing is pretty, but if THP can get the job done more efficiently, then why not choose that instead. i see where you're coming from (energy input=energy output), and the fact that building intimacy with aya while cooking adds an additional depth to the experience. But THP seems super convenient.
THP is hard to comprehend? its a really simple device that anyone can make; and all one has to do is keep pouring acidified water from the top..seems much simpler to me than standing at a pot for nine hours
Perhaps you should experiment with THP sometime as well, and see if you notice the difference between it, and cooking
Thanks you for your responseVery happy

<3

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spatial Dementia
#22 Posted : 8/29/2010 5:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread has been very informative. Thanks to all who have contributed to it.

I've tried ayahuasca twice about two months ago. Both times I used 50g Caapi and 5g Mimosa, with little to no effect. At least two more sessions are planned in the near future. I'm currently thinking of going with 100g Caapi and 50g Chacruna (possibly split in two) for one session, and 4g Rue and 10g Mimosa the other. The plants are from a different vendor than before.

Infinite I
#23 Posted : 8/29/2010 7:46:36 PM

JC

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
) There is something magical about staring over a bubbling pot for nine hours. Things form in the steam... hisses and crackles come out of the pot... strange shapes appear... it is very interactive. There is also MUCH to be learned about your herbs from the smell...

It's intimacy. Warm and cuddly (or, boiling hot) intimacy.

Totally agree, I thought it was all in my head glad im not the only one there really is something to it, its like a mini psychedelic experience within itsself.

pau
#24 Posted : 8/29/2010 9:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would like to thank all the Nexian newbs and teachers who've contributd here to "first time" brewing and experiences. Been working on my first aya (vine+leaf) brew the last few days after getting to know the vine-only spirit in the last two weeks. Based on those revelaions, and what you all have volunterred from your own lives, I prepared what I thought would be two conservatively small doses (each 13.5gm Peruvian black + 10gm chacruna) to start with before trying anything bigger. Finally while watching TV in bed last night, I reduced it to consumable amounts, but man, the jungly, earthy aroma of that stuff was just too tempting even at midnight last night ... so before it was reduced, I went out to the kitchen and tasted a tablespoon, or four ....

Wow! Despite an extra spicy meal earlier that evening, in an hour I was getting great geometric CEV's and OEV's (those colorful lines on my ceiling were gone this morning) and a very nice euphoric buzz. Absolutely zero nausea. Sadly, within 10 minutes the experience was over. At least the experience confirmed my original calculations as to the ingredients. And I won't push my luck next time with the spicy food...6 hour fasting sounds like smart advice. Gotta say this about it: it tastes WAY better than any cactus preparation!
WHOA!

ms_manic_minxx
#25 Posted : 8/30/2010 4:34:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A little note on if you feel NOTHING--you need more Caapi! If you have settled at a solid number like 5g of Mimosa, do NOT increase the admixture until you first find a threshold dose for your vine.

If you get cold and shivery, hear the carrier wave, body feels drunk, but you don't have any visuals, that would mean your Caapi is good, but your light could increase slightly (take it easy, though! Smile ).

If you feel nothing at all, it means you weren't inhibited enough to experience the vine, let alone anything from whatever amount of admixture you took.

Working with Aya is a blessing!! You are all blessed!! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

PREV12