We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
2C-E - "Difficult but worthwhile" Options

x1balba
#21 Posted : 8/15/2010 11:48:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

JesusGreen wrote:
x1balba wrote:
If you can afford the RC's, you can afford the scale.

You'd be surprised. I literally have zero spare cash most of the time, and when I do it goes on drugs, either illegal or legal.

That's exactly my point.

Rather then spend the spare cash on more drugs, spend it on a way to effectively measure the RC's. They're called "Research Chemicals" for a reason; they're still in the research stages and the long-term effects and possible toxicity is largely unknown. To each their own, and I'm not one to judge a person for their own conscious actions, but I personally find it foolish and irresponsible to mess around with a substance of such low dosage amounts and largely unknown long-term side effects without the proper equipment. There are many links on this forum alone which will point to very cheap and generally reliable scales found on E-bay and other various online sites.

Again, I'm not trying to throw negative energy your way whatsoever. I'm just stating my opinion in the hopes that the people reading this will exercise caution when dealing with RC's. On the positive note, you do seem well experienced and about as cautious as one can be when eyeballing, so that does make me feel better. The joy of the nasal administration route (also my preferred method of taking 2C-E) is that one can start low and work themselves up to the level they want to be at in a very short amount of time, without any loss of potency due to dosing, re-dosing, and re-dosing some more with the oral route. The 2-hour wait with the majority of the 2C family can be quite annoying. Also, oral syringes aren't always necessary for fairly accurate liquid dosing, so you might be able to save some hassle.

The main reason that RC's become illegal is because of improper measuring techniques followed by adverse reactions, often leading to hospitalization and/or death, which in turn causes a media feeding frenzy. It saddens me to hear these stories, as a lot of great substances have been given a bad name due to poor decisions and are now largely unavailable. The one that comes to mind here in the US is 2C-T-7, which gave me some very profound experiences, but now seems impossible to find thanks to DEA scheduling because of some unnecessary deaths due to foolishness. When the DEA attempts to schedule a substance, one of the things it must prove is that the substance poses a health and safety risk to the public. Confirmed hospitalizations and deaths are generally the only proof they need. No publicity is better then bad publicity.

Anything stated above is a work of pure fiction. The delusional author is writing a story about his imaginary friends. The author does not condone nor participate in any illegal activities. Anything said by the author should not be attempted, taken seriously, or believed. Enjoy the story.

It seems like everyone is sleep-walking through their waking state or wake-walking through their dreams. -Waking Life

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

JesusGreen
#22 Posted : 8/15/2010 12:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The main point being that 1g of 2C-E would cost me less than a new scale, and 1g of 2C-E is enough to last me several months - while the scale, while being very useful, is not *necessary*, at least in the case of 2C-E, where it is safe at fairly large doses (I know several people who have IVed 150mg+) - though it is better to have accurate measurement, and overly intense experience does not bother me, so as long as I am not straying into potentially lethal territory it is not as much of a concern as I would imagine it is for most drug users. Though, I would like to begin to measure my doses if only for the sake of having a record of what I needed to take for a particularly intense experience, how much more I need with tolerance, and other such interesting facts that would allow for better experiences in the long run, which is why I'm looking at liquid measurement, since a scale really isn't an option at the moment unless some £15 scale turns up on allegro.pl

Anyway, I agree completely, it is foolish to eyeball. Of the many foolish things I do though it is most definitely not one of the worst though. As I said though, hopefully within the next couple of weeks all my doses will begin to be measured accurately for the sake of record keeping.

On the subject of liquid measurement, will an IM/IV insulin syringe be suitable for liquid measurement? A friend from Ireland has offered to mail me ~10 new syringes for free and I planned to use one for measuring purposes, and the other 9 for trying IM/IV 2C-E/4-AcO-DMT/both.

Regarding the ROA, on the contrary I actually like the come up with oral 2C-E, aside from the first hour, because when it kicks in I find it amazingly euphoric without the bombardment of mindfuck that I get once the full psychedelia kicks in - however the rest of the trip often seems quite dysphoric which ruins it - while in reverse, nasal seems dysphoric for the first 30-60 minutes and then extremely euphoric after that.

x1balba
#23 Posted : 8/15/2010 1:34:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not too experienced on insulin syringes, especially European ones, but it should work fine. Just make sure your conversion ratios are correct. As far as I know, 100 units = 1cc = 1ml. But I could be mistaken on that. I've simply used teaspoons (5ml) and tablespoons (15ml) to measure out a 1:1 mixture of distilled water/2C-E. Being in Europe, this method of measurement varies slightly for you. It's not 100% accurate, but it's given me very close and satisfactory results. The trip to the pharmacy with the "I need oral syringes to give medicine to my dog, where can I find them?" story has worked in the past as well, haha.

I myself have very short-lived dysphoria with insufflation, and I've learned to basically just accept it as a side effect and ignore it. I do prefer the duration of the oral ROA, but I hate the wait. I have yet to try oral followed by nasal boosters, which seems like it would work well. Perhaps a small nasal dose about 30 minutes after ingestion to kick-start things off would work. Maybe I'll try that out soon. The dysphoria should be masked if taken in the right time frame. I've also tried the sublingual route, which had a faster come-up but less intensity. The negative side effects were also diminished, probably attributed to the weaker intensity. I'm not a fan of IV/IM with any substance, so I can't comment on that method.
Anything stated above is a work of pure fiction. The delusional author is writing a story about his imaginary friends. The author does not condone nor participate in any illegal activities. Anything said by the author should not be attempted, taken seriously, or believed. Enjoy the story.

It seems like everyone is sleep-walking through their waking state or wake-walking through their dreams. -Waking Life

JesusGreen
#24 Posted : 8/15/2010 1:38:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

x1balba wrote:
I'm not too experienced on insulin syringes, especially European ones, but it should work fine. Just make sure your conversion ratios are correct. As far as I know, 100 units = 1cc = 1ml. But I could be mistaken on that. I've simply used teaspoons (5ml) and tablespoons (15ml) to measure out a 1:1 mixture of distilled water/2C-E. Being in Europe, this method of measurement varies slightly for you. It's not 100% accurate, but it's given me very close and satisfactory results. The trip to the pharmacy with the "I need oral syringes to give medicine to my dog, where can I find them?" story has worked in the past as well, haha.

I myself have very short-lived dysphoria with insufflation, and I've learned to basically just accept it as a side effect and ignore it. I do prefer the duration of the oral ROA, but I hate the wait. I have yet to try oral followed by nasal boosters, which seems like it would work well. Perhaps a small nasal dose about 30 minutes after ingestion to kick-start things off would work. Maybe I'll try that out soon. The dysphoria should be masked if taken in the right time frame. I've also tried the sublingual route, which had a faster come-up but less intensity. The negative side effects were also diminished, probably attributed to the weaker intensity. I'm not a fan of IV/IM with any substance, so I can't comment on that method.

It's actually a pity as I had access to an unlimited amount of IM/IV syringes before when I only smoked, due to my dog having diabetes and needing insulin. Sadly I had to put him down, RIP. That also means no more easy syringe access.

I didn't think of simply using a spoon as I didn't think that would be accurate enough, but that's a good idea, I'll use that for future doses as even if it is inaccurate it's far better than eyeballing, thanks for the tip.

Edit: Almost forgot. Probably a stupid question, but is distilled water necessary? Would bottled spring water be good enough? Just saves me some hassle. I've never used liquid measurement before so eh.

x1balba
#25 Posted : 8/15/2010 2:42:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From my knowledge, they don't have traditional teaspoon/tablespoon measurement tools in Europe like they do here in the US. So while it may be mostly accurate for us to use common kitchen utensils, it may end up being a totally different measurement for you. I'd look into it more before trying it. Bottled water should be sufficient provided it doesn't have chemicals such as chlorine in it, which is common in tap water here.

JesusGreen
#26 Posted : 8/15/2010 3:40:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah thanks for the info, I'll look into it a little more and find out exactly how much water the spoons I have hold.

x1balba
#27 Posted : 8/15/2010 7:22:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This might help. It won't be 100% accurate, but it's a good starting point.

lyserge
#28 Posted : 8/16/2010 2:57:57 AM

polyfather anomalous

Also go to ebay and search for "milligram scale". You will find a milligram scale that's definitely far more accurate than your method and that ships for about 20 US dollars total. I don't think there's any way you can be getting a gram of 2C-E for anywhere near that price; certainly better than eyeballing, and it'll come in use if you ever need to measure out some DMT as well.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

q21q21
#29 Posted : 8/16/2010 7:10:07 AM

SWIM

While this will not help with nasal administration, SWIM uses a liquid measurement system.

He knows that 1 of his droppers full of vodka is 23-24 drops, so to make a tincture with a 1mg/drop concentration he dissolves 500mg of 2c-e in 20 droppers + 20 drops of vodka

Make sure to observe the drop numbers of each liquid in your dropper before doing this, droppers can vary even by just being a little dirty, they vary greatly with different liquids too.
The max concentration is about 1.5mg per drop at room temperature.

Hope that helps Very happy
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

JesusGreen
#30 Posted : 8/16/2010 8:45:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
Also go to ebay and search for "milligram scale". You will find a milligram scale that's definitely far more accurate than your method and that ships for about 20 US dollars total. I don't think there's any way you can be getting a gram of 2C-E for anywhere near that price; certainly better than eyeballing, and it'll come in use if you ever need to measure out some DMT as well.

The problem is I live in Poland so I'd have to pay a lot more due to tax and shipping. Polish people don't really use ebay, they use an alternative called "Allegro", I keep checking back there but so far the ones I've seen are quite expensive. I'm looking for another Polish site selling a cheap scale at the moment. It's my birthday today so if I can find a decently priced one I'll probably make the order today.

Actually q21q21 liquid measurement would help with nasal administration too, as if I could allow the solution, once split up, to evaporate back into powder. Either over some time, or via heating. Until I get a scale I think liquid measurement will help a lot.

x1balba
#31 Posted : 8/16/2010 3:48:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Happy birthday Very happy

RastaNation
#32 Posted : 8/17/2010 2:56:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try amazon.com - I just picked up a NICE scale for $24 - with OVERNIGHT shipping it came to $40
I assume posting scale prices is ok? Not attempting to break rules or promote sites or any such thing - just promoting safety.
The scale I got was within .0001g accurate. Tested on a friend's $350 scale.
"Just as a tree, though cut down, can grow again and again if its roots are undamaged and strong, in the same way if the roots of craving are not wholly uprooted sorrows will come again and again"

PREV12