We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Faidherbia albida as a source? Options

curious1
#1 Posted : 8/8/2010 11:41:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

apparently there is medicine in the leaves of this plant [formerly classified as an Acacia]...

It is a plant that would be good to grow in my areas climate.

Anybody know anything about extracting spice from it?
Love

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

geeg30
#2 Posted : 8/10/2010 3:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depending on the amount of spice in the leaves you could do an A/B on it and see what you get.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

curious1
#3 Posted : 8/10/2010 5:57:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats true of course ...i have heard with philarus AB's have fat problems i wonder if that would also be the case with this plant. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this plant or can wager an educated guess as to what I might expect or encounter
Love

Gir
#4 Posted : 8/10/2010 6:29:46 PM

Gir

From the terrible lack of information I found browsing the web, I assume since its an Acacia spp. you must do quite a few defats...and depending on what area of the plant you are in posession of (and I assume its just the leaf. PIHKAL states its ONLY in the leaves), you may not even get anything.

I would say do a few(4-6) defats on it, then try an extended A/B on it and see what happens. Remember to be patient. And try different pH levels as well.. 3-4 is usually good, but trial and error..

post your results im interested to see..

-gir
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

RigelL
#5 Posted : 8/10/2010 6:37:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did a search for you but i must admit i found almost nothing... Seems like Dmt is only found in it´s leafs and some sites also promote it might also present some NMT, most sources just say the term alkaloids.
I find this plant very very interesting, it has proved anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic and anti-diarrhoeal properties, wich were studied by Tijan et al. The extract seams to be non toxic (at least untill doses of 5g/kg in rats).

Might also be usefull to you that this tree looses it´s leaves during the rain season and is in leaf during the dry season. Quoting one FAO case study

Quote:
CASE STUDIES

Case studies are presented of 20 important forest species of Cameroon. Ten of these are primarily timber species, the remainder are multipurpose species producing food, fodder, fuelwood, shade or bark for medicinal purposes.

1. Acacia albida (Faidherbia albida) (Mimosaceae), Tchaski, Alif, Wigo (Cameroon), Gao (Niger)

A spreading, thorny tree with bole up to 8 m tall and 1 m in diameter. In Cameroon it occurs in Sudan zone wooded savanna, in the area of the Mandara mountains and in Sahelian steppes on heavy but well-drained soils, where it may form continuous stands. The species loses its leaves at the beginning of the rainy season and is in leaf throughout the dry season. It is therefore beneficial in that it does not restrict light to agricultural crops during the growing season and it provides dry season shade to stock, which enrich the soil around it through their droppings. As a result it is protected by farmers and pastoralists. The leaves and fruits are used for fodder and the wood is soft and easy to work. There are young plantations in the extreme north; growth is very slow.

Also looks like this species can be trimmed for a bozai like specimen, a keep at home mimosa Very happy interesting no?

As for the A/B nothing like experimenting yourself and report back to us Pleased

It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

curious1
#6 Posted : 8/11/2010 12:58:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the input everyone!...at present I am merely searching for a plant that i could grow [in a dry area] for a bit of security
Love