We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
Potentiating lucid dreams Options

SKA
#61 Posted : 12/21/2012 7:44:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've long been a member on the Dreamviews forums. I saw all kinds of
suggested dream-potentiating herbs, foods & drugs and noone of them
seem to work for me at all. Applejuice, Peanutbutter, Cheese..etc.

I never tried the Galantamine + Choline Combo, because I have no idea
where to get Galantamide around here or if it's even legal without prescription.
But the Galantamine+Choline topic exploded with people confirming it's alledged
oneirogenic effects. This caught my interrest. There must be something to it.

I might be able to spend alot of money and buy these pills online, but I'm not
that wealthy and I prefer to get creative.
Would it be do-able for a kitchen chemist to extract Galantamine from Snowdrops or Daffodills?
Because if so that would allow an Oneironaught to grow & prepare his/her own Galantamine +
Choline-mixture for dream potentiation.
Would it be possible to steep a crude Galantamine Tea from flowers & bulbs of Snowdrops or Daffodills?
Any toxins known to be present in these parts of Snowdrops/Daffodills?

The choline half of this mix could be supplied by simply ingesting some hardboiled Eggs/Chicken/Milk/Wheat Germ/
Cod fish/Raw Beef Liver(gross!) within abt. 30 mins before going to sleep. Together with some Galantamine extracted from Snowdrops or Daffodills off course.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SpartanII
#62 Posted : 12/22/2012 7:13:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:

Would it be do-able for a kitchen chemist to extract Galantamine from Snowdrops or Daffodills?
Because if so that would allow an Oneironaught to grow & prepare his/her own Galantamine +
Would it be possible to steep a crude Galantamine Tea from flowers & bulbs of Snowdrops or Daffodills?

Interesting idea, I'd like to know this as well.

But really, Galantamine's not that expensive, especially since you can't take it every day because of tolerance/desensitization (unless you use piracetam to clear it out of your system afterwards).

Vodsel
#63 Posted : 1/12/2013 12:09:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

SKA wrote:

I've been reading about this lately.

Galantamine is one of the few drugs with potential to treat early stages of Alzheimer's disease (and most likely to have preventive effects as well), and this means there's quite decent research about it.

I have a detailed (and long) spanish paper describing alkaloids in several species of daffodils (Narcissus Sp., specifically N. primigenius, N. nevadensis and N. confusus), and the report of an essay for in vitro propagation of N. confusus tissue, in order to extract galantamine from it.

So, even keeping in mind that galantamine seems to be quite available, as SpartanII said, I'm leaving some relevant info about it. Please note that alkaloids distribution will change between species.

Wild populations of N. confusus whole plant are reported to have 18 mg alkaloids per gram of dry weight (1,8% yield) where galantamine is the main compound (around 75%, 1,3% yield) the other alkaloids being haemanthamine, tazettine and N-formylnorgalantamine. Not toxic, that I know of, in the small amounts you would consume when dosing galantamine. But I am not sure.

In the essays with N. confusus tissue,

- Plant material was dried
- Dry plant is soaked in methanol, shaken (sonicated in their case), well filtered (centrifugation in their case, which also helps to separate more polar metabolites) and reduced.
- The extract was dissolved in a solution of 5% acetic acid.
- Acidic solution was de-fatted with ether petroleum.
- Acidic solution was basified with ammonia water to reach pH 8.
- Three pulls with DCM were done and evaporated.

So it would be basically an A/B on a previous methanol extract, with a defatting process (I am not sure about why they used different NPs for defat and pulling).

And regarding the tea... Assuming the galantamine in the plant is in weak acid salt form, brewing well should work. I suppose they used methanol in the extraction because it's a very efficient solvent and that's all, but one could always brew two amounts... one with an EtOH pre-soak, letting the EtOH evaporate when cooking, and another one without using EtOH. Then compare yields.

jamie
#64 Posted : 1/12/2013 12:23:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I've long been a member on the Dreamviews forums."

Ahhh..your the datura eater! Am I right? I have seen your posts there for a long time..I think that was some of the first posts I found about datura on lucid dreaming forums.

For me very few things can make one lucid..other than lucidity..tons of things out there can potentiate and intensify dreaming though..but that does not mean lucidity for me. I have always been a natural lucid dreamer, but just finding a way to wake up between 3-5 am to stimulate the mind then go back to sleep is the best method I have found. Mind awake-body asleap. Thats all you need.
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#65 Posted : 1/12/2013 12:39:21 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yea waking up in the early morning and then just going back to sleep really helps if you do it right

i haven't really experimented much with inducing them purposefully lately, they just happen to me like once or twice a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. But i did W.I.L.D. a few years back with pretty good success

I did accidently stumble onto one method that for me is a very reliable way to induce a lucid dreams, although its much more trippy than a typical lucid dream tends to be...i simply take a medium dose of harmalas (or caapi or rue tea), along with around 30-70mg of melatonin, and lay down while listening to binaural beats (432hz) with headphones and slow my breathing down. It also helps a lot if i do some yoga and meditation before all this, and intend to enter a lucid dream

Now, this isn't really a psychedelic dose of harmalas i'm taking...not nearly enough to induce those full blown visionary/out of body experience that they are capable of on their own. I was just doing this many nights in a row because i enjoyed it and i'd always feel great the next day...but i realized that probably 80% of the time i did this i would wind up in a very odd lucid dream during the experience, although in it i often feel as though i'd taken a full dose of ayahuasca.

i often don't immediately realize i'm dreaming while in this space (which is NOT like a harmala-'dream' trance that you tend snap out of once you realize your in it), and i will still have my same headphones on my dream-body's head, playing the same binaural beats...

the funny thing is that once i take the headphones off in the dream, i'll still hear the sound of the binaural beats blasting at me from all directions, and this is the cue to me that i'm actually in a dream..so then from there on i'm lucid. Its happened to me countless times and its really wierd how reliable a thing it is

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Vodsel
#66 Posted : 1/12/2013 1:37:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

universecannon wrote:
i simply take a medium dose of harmalas (or caapi or rue tea), along with around 30-70mg of melatonin

Thanks for the great tips, UC, but you sure about this? That sounds like a tremendous dose of melatonin. The usual prescription is around 2-3 mg at night, and I've only heard of doses of 10-20+ mg in cancer therapy.

universecannon
#67 Posted : 1/12/2013 2:13:06 AM

me and other have taken high doses of melatonin many times a week for years and there haven't been any adverse affects, unless you take it during the day (sleepiness can be dangerous! :-P )... but even then, you actually get used to it. there is a lot of evidence to suggest that people are chronically deficient in it

but anyways, there are studies out there that involved giving people 70mg daily for over a year and there was only beneficial affects on mood noted, along with other ones where they gave people like 6-12 Grams at a time...lol. nothing bad happened at all but i'm not sure i wanna to try that much!

Vodsel
#68 Posted : 1/12/2013 2:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome. Let's keep it in the mg scale, otherwise our pineals might lose their mojo.

And thanks again for the method, I will definitely try it. So far, the closest I've been to lucidity has been using celastrus + silene for three days in a row.

Lumos
#69 Posted : 1/19/2013 8:30:58 AM

Live the life out of life!

I absolutely love lucid dreaming. Several years of daily meditation has allowed me to reach a point where I have lucid dreams, specifically W.I.L.D's, four or five nights out of the week. Usually I have three or more dreams and I am always aware of the transition between different dreams. How did I get to this point? With the simplest technique and a lot of practice. When I first started this journey, I kept a dream journal; this helps out immensely because it helps one remember one's dreams. This is the most important part because even if one was to have a full lucid dream if that person could not remember it, how would they know it happened?

I have this theory about how dream memory works. The physical body needs to rest once a day, but the non-material mind does not. So the mind enters a higher dimension where the mind can dream. Now in my opinion, dreaming is one of the most amazing things the mind can do, as the mind creates and experiences a reality simultaneously.Shocked Anyways, in this higher realm,the dreams are experienced by the light body, which perceives stimuli in a completely different way. In addition, the way that memory is created and stored is different from how our minds physically store memories in the connections between neurons. So to be able to fully remember a dream we have to ensure that the energetic memory from our dream gets converted into physical memory; which we can then hold on to and access like any other memory. To do this, when one wakes up, the key is not to move, not to think about anything else. Just lay in the same position with one's eyes shut. Then one must think about what just happened, replay it, analyse it, picture as many details as possible.This will solidify the dream into physical memory as it is now being processed by the physical mind. Then it is written down with all the details that can be recalled. If this is done everyday dream recall will be dramatically improved.

Once one can efficiency remember one's dreams, the next step to be able to realize that one is in a dream. One of the easiest ways to do this is with a reality check. This is just a simple action that can be done that is completely impossible in the waking world. Things like double takes looking at clocks or phones is good because text in never the same twice in a dream. Not everyone will use the same method, as everyone is different. My favorite way to do a reality check is to plug my nose and keep my mouth shut, then I try to breath. Obviously I won't be able to breath. However, when I do this action in the dream world I am not actually affecting my physical body and I will still be able to breath despite both my nose and mouth being closed off. Simple things like these that can be made into a habit will yield the best results. Doing them regularly like when one wakes up or if something out of the ordinary happens. Then you may find yourself doing this out of habit in a dream, and then you say, "Whoa, that's not right, am I dreaming? I am dreaming!" Then bam, lucid. Cool But one must be careful not to get too excited and be woken up. This is known as a S.I.L.D, or sleep induced lucid dream.

Once one has had enough lucid dreams to know what it feels like to be cognisant in a dream it will be time to begin to move to the next level, which is a W.I.L.D, or wake induced lucid dream. This is being able to transition from being awake to dreaming without a lapse in consciousnesses. At this point, being able to meditate is crucial. One must lay down and clear the mind, focusing only on the feeling of being lucid. Doing this when tired is the best time as it will ease the transition. Meditating on this every night without fail will yield even more consistent lucid dreams. The key is practice practice practice. It took me several years to get there, but the work paid off big time, and anyone can do thisBig grin

I hope this helps Thumbs up
We have chosen this life for a reason, and it is our purpose to understand why.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced; live your life so that when you pass, the world cries and you rejoice.

Only those who are willing to go too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

RoGu3
#70 Posted : 2/5/2013 3:50:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want some trippy dreams take some Seroquel. You will have THE strangest dreams. As for the natural route Id say try some Calea ZacetachichI. Also don't smoke weed if you do right now. Also Valerian Root and really nice.
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

universecannon
#71 Posted : 2/5/2013 5:10:48 PM

been drinking some green tea during the day (i dont usually) and dreams have been especially odd the past few days, two lucid ones as well...although i haven't been smoking cannabis as much so thats a factor to

SKA
#72 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:09:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Ahhh..your the datura eater! Am I right? I have seen your posts there for a long time..I think that was some of the first posts I found about datura on lucid dreaming forums.

Yeah that was me. I chewed & ate 3 Datura Inoxia seeds several times before heading off to
sleep. Gave me wild, gnarly dreams. It works well, but Datura just has this inherently
sinister character that can even be felt in such low doses & just rubs me the wrong way.
According to the last Datura dream I had, which was absolutely horrifying, I rub her the
wrong way too. Never did it again after that experience.

I've, involentairily, found out that severely messing up your bio-rythm can give rise to
some pretty vivid, high awareness dreams that are easily remembered. But this too I cannot
advise. I was just suffering Insomnia and noticed that side effect.

I've never succeeded doing WILD ever, but came very close on 3 occasions.
I ought to get back into trying WILD, doing Reality Checks & keeping a dream diary.

benzyme
#73 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:15:02 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

first and foremost, the cholinergics.
https://www.google.com/s...ial&client=firefox-a
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

HumbleTraveler
#74 Posted : 8/8/2014 5:08:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whats the good word between Calea and African Dream Herb Entada Rheedii

Shamans Garden sells both, and for Calea they sell 10x resin or 20x resin, as well as regular Calea, and "liquid extract"

I have NO idea where to start with this stuff lol.

Do I get the liquid extract to add to tea, if so how much? Do I get the resin extract, do I get the regular leaves? Do I make tea? Do I smoke. Halp.

What kind of dosage are we talking here for calea? What about rheedii?

"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

anrchy
#75 Posted : 8/8/2014 6:37:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recommend with calea to get the extract and either capsulate it or mix with pure cranberry juice. Stuff if extremely bitter and the cranberry juice worked the best to mask it, a bit.

Calea didnt do anything for me, in fact it gave me severe headaches upon waking, which is rare. I used a few drops.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

HumbleTraveler
#76 Posted : 8/9/2014 6:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you try it one shot or did you use it over a period of days? I feel like I read that it needs a few days of consistent use to get it to do anything.

What doseage are we talking here to encapsulate, and which extract, the 10x resin or 20x resin or liquid extract?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

anrchy
#77 Posted : 8/9/2014 9:07:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Did you try it one shot or did you use it over a period of days? I feel like I read that it needs a few days of consistent use to get it to do anything.

What doseage are we talking here to encapsulate, and which extract, the 10x resin or 20x resin or liquid extract?

I used the liquid extract, I believe for 3 days. The headaches were so severe I had no choice but to discontinue use. Felt like a massive pill hangover. I just placed the drops in a glass of cranberry juice and chugged it then laid down for bed.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

tseuq
#78 Posted : 9/2/2015 9:23:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't care so much about lucid dreaming but I experience a raise in my lucidity while dreaming, without the support of any special lucid-dreaming pratices and substances, because of my awareness of the ongoing mysterium during the awake state.

Every remembering in the now of the ongoing mysterium enhances the activation of a self-programmed-wake-up-call (neuoprogramming - learning Smile ) which also seems to be transfered in my dream states without any special focus on that. It feels like awake / dream state become more and more one (of consciousness).

Do you undergo similar experiences?

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

NotTwo
#79 Posted : 9/2/2015 1:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:
Every remembering in the now of the ongoing mysterium enhances the activation of a self-programmed-wake-up-call (neuoprogramming - learning Smile ) which also seems to be transfered in my dream states without any special focus on that. It feels like awake / dream state become more and more one (of consciousness).

Do you undergo similar experiences?

tseuq

I know exactly what you mean, tseuq. Having practised mindfulness for many years as a Buddhist, then self-remembering with Gurdjieff groups, and now ... well just don't have terms for what I believe or what I practise - "just being" sort of covers it - I have seen how that awareness of now can suddenly appear in a dream, waking up so to speak in sleep. These days when it happens I usually start to examine my surroundings and I'm just amazed at how much detail there is to be consciously seen - the texture of things, the heat and cold of objects, the exact shape of things. The dream world is just as detailed as the waking world but just as in the waking state we brush over the detail in an attempt to get something out of the current situation rather than living everything it's got to offer.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

tseuq
#80 Posted : 9/2/2015 2:01:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NotTwo wrote:
These days when it happens I usually start to examine my surroundings and I'm just amazed at how much detail there is to be consciously seen - the texture of things, the heat and cold of objects, the exact shape of things.

And beside of that, it seems that my stream of awareness transcends more and more constantly through these ?different? awake/dream states, what goes along with a decrease of the lacks of memorizsation.

Surprised

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

«PREV2345NEXT