We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Potentiating lucid dreams Options

Ripheus23
#41 Posted : 12/19/2012 4:45:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The main impact calea z. had on my dreams was to promote more dreams-within-dreams/false awakenings. I remember one night false-awakening four or five times. By the time I got to the last layer, I truly believed that it was morning and that I was already up. Much to my surprise, I then opened my eyes and only an hour and a half had passed.

Now I have a hazy memory of there being a positive relationship between nested dreams and lucidity, so if calea z. serves the one cause, it might in that way subserve the other. It doesn't directly produce lucid states (in my experience anyway).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Apoc
#42 Posted : 12/19/2012 6:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am quite pleased to find that zinc + magnesium had an unexpected side effect of consistent epic dreams, as well as more sexual dreams. It works AWESOME!

jamie
#43 Posted : 12/19/2012 7:16:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I can now basically lucid dream at will. Well, at least consistantly basically every single morning. It would be cool to teach other people this but I think that would be difficult. All I can say is that my cat wakes me up to go outside at about 6am and then I go back to sleep and hold onto a hunk of quartz or put it on my thrid eye or something and just daydream my way into a lucid dream or astral projection. Works nearly every single morning.
Long live the unwoke.

WarriorSage
#44 Posted : 12/19/2012 7:18:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
W.I.L.D. Worked really well when I tried it..its real similar to what Doingkermit described

I second this. After practicing wake induced lucid dreams, it eventually becomes a regular thing with no technique envolved.
The Warrior’s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

Apoc
#45 Posted : 12/19/2012 7:34:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey just curious, do you guys ever regret having lucid dreams? Just wondering if you ever feel like your dreams do not resolve as they are meant? If you become aware that you're dreaming all the time, does that ever ruin the dream for you?

I have never been able to consistently lucid dream. One reason is because I don't seem to enjoy it when I lucid dream. It seems like every time I realize that I'm dreaming, all dream content disappears and I am left alone. I wonder if this is some kind of subconscious mechanism designed to stop me from lucid dreaming.

The last time I realized I was dreaming, everything disappeared and I was left looking for dream content, but nothing appeared. Finally, I saw a girl, but she was behind a locked door, and some dog was barking insanely at me. I got mad, decided I was going to walk right through the door to get to the girl, but when I tried, the dogged literally lunged violently at me and bit my head off, to which I snapped awake. After the dream I wondered if that was a sing that I'm not meant to lucid dream, not meant to attempt to control the dream. Like lucid dreaming, fulfillment of desires through lucid dreaming is something that is locked off from my consciousness, and if I attempt to forcefully access that realm, I will be punished by some protective mechanism. In this case, the dog that bit off my head.

So anyway, I find that I do not enjoy lucid dreaming. The dream experience is not enhanced by my becoming aware that it is a dream. Usually when I realize I'm dreaming, it becomes spooky and confusing, and the progression of the dream is stopped in its tracks. That, plus there is only a certain amount of conscious control that is possible, which in my experience, is not much. If I become too conscious of the dream, or try to exert too much control, I just wake up. The only time I could see lucid dreaming being useful is if I am in some kind of nightmare, but I almost never have dreams so bad that I feel I need to know that I'm dreaming to avoid a shitty dream.

What do you guys do in lucid dreams anyway? Is it more fun when you know you're dreaming?

WarriorSage
#46 Posted : 12/19/2012 8:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
What do you guys do in lucid dreams anyway? Is it more fun when you know you're dreaming?

If I wish to continue dreaming without being lucid I just switch on a neutral mindset and go with the flow. The dream almost always stays on track. Sometimes to stay completely lucid I need a bit more concentration than usual.

I believe lucid dreams can show yourself your true colours. The main thing I do in lucid dreams is a type of mindset trainning. Sounds weird ha? I like to put my self in uncomfortably scary situations to face my deepest and darkest fears. A neutral mindset works best. I never wake up from dreams but find most people do at the peak of their fear.

It begins to reflect off into your normal dreams and when your confronted by your fears, you stand tall face to face with them. Either destroying and overcoming them, or passing them with a neutral mindset(no reaction) which allows you to continue dreaming. I also find this can contribute to hyperspace fears. We incarnated here because we are stronger, we are curious warriors Pleased

I do also like to have the odd flying, exploring dream. Sleep paralysis can be turned on at my own will during lucid dreaming which has its benefitsThumbs up
The Warrior’s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

SpartanII
#47 Posted : 12/19/2012 9:37:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
hey just curious, do you guys ever regret having lucid dreams? Just wondering if you ever feel like your dreams do not resolve as they are meant? If you become aware that you're dreaming all the time, does that ever ruin the dream for you?

"As they are meant" is subjective, but I hear what you're saying. Learning how to switch it on and off is a skill that would come in handy in this situation.

Quote:
That, plus there is only a certain amount of conscious control that is possible, which in my experience, is not much. If I become too conscious of the dream, or try to exert too much control, I just wake up.

I've had this problem too. I've found that if I become either too attached or too detached to what I'm experiencing, the dream will start fading. If you can balance it out, you can have way more control. Certain supplements help a lot too. I highly recommend a galantamine/choline combo, maybe with some Mucuna Pruriens to provide extra L-dopa which can increase confidence and dream-control.

Quote:

I like to explore different perceptions. Isn't that what life is about?Thumbs up

Flying, sex, becoming different things- transforming into objects, animals, other people, take any drug I want, shoot any gun, drive any car, control other dream characters, create incredible music, telekinesis, create awesome fight scenarios with all kinds of different weapons, relive any memory from my past, overcome phobias/fears, create astral doorways, meet ascended dream Masters...geeze I could go on and on...Big grin

Ufostrahlen
#48 Posted : 12/19/2012 1:57:20 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

SpartanII wrote:

Flying, sex, becoming different things- transforming into objects, animals, other people, take any drug I want, shoot any gun, drive any car, control other dream characters, create incredible music, telekinesis, create awesome fight scenarios with all kinds of different weapons, relive any memory from my past, overcome phobias/fears, create astral doorways, meet ascended dream Masters...geeze I could go on and on...Big grin

So why do you wake up then?
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

SpartanII
#49 Posted : 12/19/2012 3:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
SpartanII wrote:

So why do you wake up then?

Because my dreambody needs to rest too.Thumbs up

Ufostrahlen
#50 Posted : 12/19/2012 4:19:42 PM

SpartanII wrote:

Because my dreambody needs to rest too.Thumbs up

Nice! Very happy
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Apoc
#51 Posted : 12/19/2012 5:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool cool. So I guess I'll go in with a different attitude next time. Instead of trying to use the lucid dream for fulfillment of desires, like sex or doing other cool shit, I will use it for facing fears. I'll ask the dream to show me whatever it wants to show me, or something like that. We'll see what happens.

SKA
#52 Posted : 12/19/2012 7:25:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have tried Calea Zacatechichi(extract), Enthaada Rheedi & Silene Capensis,
all without success.

I am thinking of ordering some Enthaada Rheedi beans again soon. Also,
I still have about 15 grams of dried Silene Capensis roots.

I was wondering: How to best ingest these Oneirogens?
I heard the Silene Capensis roots are best ground up & shaken
up with water to create a froth that is to be consumed. This I'll try,
if I can powderise the roots (having no mortar or pestle or coffeegrinder).
Otherwise....Any other means of administration that is effective for Silene Capensis?
If so I'm willing to give this a try again tonight.

What about Enthada Rheedi? I tried smoking the endosperm of the seed before.
Is this what is supposed to be done with it? Or not?

Dreamwalker
#53 Posted : 12/19/2012 10:10:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Synaptolepis kirkii

I swear by it!
Thumbs up

*oneironaut*
#54 Posted : 12/19/2012 10:25:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caen wrote:
I have stumbled over Red Spider Lilly Extract a while ago to potentiate dreaming in general.
And oh boy does it work like a charm.
The commercial version of the extract can be found at http://www.brilliantdreams.com/index.html .

Heres a little mini knowledge base about the Red Spider Lilly:
The Red Spider Lilly is called Higanbana (彼岸花)in Japan, and is tied to the afterlife.
It is said the Red Spider Lilies grows along the banks of the Sanzu River (三途の川).
The Sanzu River is said to be the dividing section between the physical plain and the afterlife.
The active compound that makes the lilies a lucid dreaming catalyst is called Galantamine, and can be also found in daffodils and snowdrops as well.

Best Regards.

Another thumbs up for Spider Lilly.. galantamine/choline combo. I tried it many years ago with little effect, but gave it a shot again recently with a different supplier.. http://www.dreamamins.com/ is where i got mine, seemed to be decently priced, but there are many others probably just as good.

Anyway, this time I had crazy wild vivid dreams and a couple of lucid dreams as well, i took them after sleeping 4/5 hours with wake back to bed method. The one down side, was the a few times the dreams were really twisted and chaotic.. but that's probably just me Twisted Evil anyway, thought i'd chime in with an official galantamine endorsement Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

jamie
#55 Posted : 12/19/2012 11:21:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"What do you guys do in lucid dreams anyway? Is it more fun when you know you're dreaming?"

It sounds like you have not experienced the deeper spiritual states available within lucid dreaming or astral projection Apoc. For me one of the deepest spiritual experiences I have ever experienced happened durring a lucid dream that seemed to progress into some sort of real astral travel where I went into orbit around the planet. I then had one of the deepest and purist realizations that awakened me to the planetary being.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#56 Posted : 12/20/2012 4:36:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
"What do you guys do in lucid dreams anyway? Is it more fun when you know you're dreaming?"

It sounds like you have not experienced the deeper spiritual states available within lucid dreaming or astral projection Apoc. For me one of the deepest spiritual experiences I have ever experienced happened durring a lucid dream that seemed to progress into some sort of real astral travel where I went into orbit around the planet. I then had one of the deepest and purist realizations that awakened me to the planetary being.

Perhaps not. Your experience sounds pretty awesome. I have had some great dreams, it's just that in my experience, I don't have those fantastic dreams while lucid, they just happen on their own. That is, I'm not having a regular dream, then I realize I'm dreaming and the dream becomes spiritual or wonderful or something.

Do you feel you have a particular mindset about dreaming that allows you to experience such things regularly? In my previous post I said that when I become aware that I'm dreaming, usually all the dream characters and content disappear.

jamie
#57 Posted : 12/20/2012 4:46:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dunno about my mindset..other than dreams are important and without them we would not be human.

I have never experienced lack of dream characters or content in lucid dreams though at all..often within a lucid dream the unconscious mind or w/e is still working in the background it seems. I cant controll all aspects of a lucid dream..it just does not work that way. I can controll certain things and choose how I want to respond, and I have that lucidity in relation to whats going on.

I once had a lucid dream that seemed to last an entire day in dreamtime and I went all over this little city that seemed to be set up in some snowed in arctic area and i was asking people all kinds of weird questions trying to judge their responces etc..they just acted as if they were real people and s reacted really weird to the idea they were being dreamed up be me. I am not even sure they were either.
Long live the unwoke.

Ufostrahlen
#58 Posted : 12/20/2012 6:35:31 PM

SKA wrote:

Otherwise....Any other means of administration that is effective for Silene Capensis?

You maybe want to read this:

A review of plants used in divination in southern Africa and their
psychoactive effects

http://www.sahumanities....353a5485138/sobiecki.pdf

Silene capensis -> Silene undulata Aiton aka undlela ziimhlophe

Quote:
The Xhosa method of ubulawu preparation is as follows.
A compound of herbs is made, mixed with water in a vessel, and twirled with a stick until white foam
froths up. The churning of the mixture to produce white foam is typical of ubulawu preparations.
Every morning the initiate must drink this concoction until his or her stomach is full and he or she is
ready to vomit. With the foam, the whole body is also washed, normally late in the evening (Lamla
1975: 94).

Quote:
Silene undulata Aiton
Caryophyllaceae
undlela zimhlophe (X), (S)
Root
Roots are used in ubulawu preparations, taken orally
in the initiation of diviners and producing lucid
dreams related to the ancestral spirits (X) [17], [18].
The plant is used as a medicine in treating many
diseases particularly fevers and delirium (S) [49].

Apoc
#59 Posted : 12/20/2012 7:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I dunno about my mindset..other than dreams are important and without them we would not be human.

I have never experienced lack of dream characters or content in lucid dreams though at all..often within a lucid dream the unconscious mind or w/e is still working in the background it seems. I cant controll all aspects of a lucid dream..it just does not work that way. I can controll certain things and choose how I want to respond, and I have that lucidity in relation to whats going on.

I once had a lucid dream that seemed to last an entire day in dreamtime and I went all over this little city that seemed to be set up in some snowed in arctic area and i was asking people all kinds of weird questions trying to judge their responces etc..they just acted as if they were real people and s reacted really weird to the idea they were being dreamed up be me. I am not even sure they were either.

That's very interesting, jamie. I can see that I must change my attitude about lucid dreaming. I guess I had the attitude that if I realize I'm dreaming, I do whatever I want. Like in the example I gave, I wanted to walk through a wall to have sex with some girl, without asking, and consent is irrelevant.... cause it's MY dream, bitch! But I guess it doesn't work that way. The more appropriate attitude would be to basically go along with whatever arises, without taking any of it too seriously. And to move through the dream not with a sense of ultimate control, but with a sense of exploration. Basically, a lot like a good real life attitude.

D.REYx420
#60 Posted : 12/20/2012 8:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea I'm with Jamie on this ever since I got into lucid dreaming it's just happened ever since I I go to bed thinking I'll have fun and see what I can experience. Ive found recently that kava is very good at giving me very confronting dreams and they are the best in my opinion because I can deal with things I normally block out in daily life and try out different ways of dealing with these problems in a alternate reality where I can wake up and recognize what I did and grow from that without trial and error in this realm. Melatonin and just getting more familiar with your dreams is the best you can do I think alot of people try to hard at this and over think things.
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

PREV12345NEXT