We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
misleading acetone bottle Options

nabster98
#1 Posted : 8/6/2010 2:25:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim is planning on making some changa today with a 1:1 ratio using pau d arco. the acetone bottle to be used said 100 percent on it but the back has one other ingredient listed. should one just use IPA instead? and will all strengths of this work
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Observant
#2 Posted : 8/6/2010 4:06:28 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

SWIM uses pure Ethyl Alcohol whenever possible , its always food grade...
If you use something technical grade, make sure it evaps without leftovers.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

endlessness
#3 Posted : 8/6/2010 4:50:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What other ingredient? When asking questions you should include more information, otherwise how can we know if you should use it or not? Maybe the other ingredient is just another name for acetone, maybe its water, maybe its something toxic, maybe its some other volatile non-toxic component which wouldnt be bad ... ? We can only know if you are specific about it. Also as suggested in the FAQ, whenever using a new solvent, check for the MSDS of the product online to see if it has an accurate list of the ingredients. Though doing an evap test is not fool-proof, it is for sure recommended, as said above.

With IPA its more or less the same thing, it depends, is it pure? For making changa, it doesnt matter the strenght of the IPA, as long as the other ingredient is water and nothing else. The more water, the longer it will take to evap/dry, but it will work perfectly.

As poster above said, ethyl alcohol (ethanol, grain alcohol) can work too, if you can find that, keeping it foodsafe.. Even vodka would work, though im not sure if it would leave a little bit of taste, I would guess not much though