We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q21Q21 limtek a - help Options

limoseen
#1 Posted : 8/6/2010 7:01:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I ventured into the first exploration of chemistry with this super simple tek...
I have a dehydrator and evaped the vin water down to very very stinky jimjam spice... 50g mhrb resulted in 525mg of super sticky red goo..

So far I have been unable to breakthrough due to asthma and the fact the red goo is much much harder to vape than the crystals (imo)... the smoke is a lot heavier.... tried making some pau d'arco, bcaapi changa at a ratio of .5:.5:1 spice (200mg) whilst this was defo working it was nowhere near as colourful or absorbing as my hyperspace flight which was more real than reality.... (this may be cos in pipe it got too hot.. not sure... )

It wont vape in my iinhale/iolite vape like crystals do - my preferred method as super safe, effective and smooth....

Question.. I have tried to do a warm naptha pull with about 200mg of red goo... let it sit and stirred for a while... and freeze prec the naptha.... There still seems to be a bit of oil in the mix so it just wont evap to crystals...

What is the best way to overcome these issues?? the tek was super simple for a chem noob like me... the dehydrator took about 30hrs to evap it... but where to go from here... want to avoid using harsh chems...so naptha is my limit...

Thanks. for such an information helpful hyperspace site '-)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/6/2010 7:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

freeze precipitate your naphtha, and if it still doesnt come crystals, recrystalize it.

otherwise get some fumaric acid, salt out from your solvent like it describes in the BLAB tek in the WIKI and do the water sodium carb conversion which yields you crystals (a better idea imo if you're extracting with limo in the first place and wants to keep it food safe)

oh and... get a vaporgenie, will help a lot with the harshness of the vapor, otherwise a bong with water might help too

q21q21
#3 Posted : 8/6/2010 7:50:09 AM

SWIM

well glad to hear that the tek worked for you.

It isn't likely that he culprit is the the product, while freebase spice may have a slightly lower vaporization point that maybe prevents it from working in the vaporizer, the product is in no way harsh-by-nature and it isn't too likely that this wash will help it too much, SWIM's yields on recrystallizing the heated-acetates though successful were very low-yielding (gonna add that to the tek)
SWIM has coughed and hacked many times with freebased DMT. But he has coughed equal amount of times with freebase and jimjam using his current smoking device, zero each.

Personally SWIM has never smoked his jimjam goo from a pipe, he has always used his "machine" bubbler with the goo scraped up with some copper.
Now with changa being "all the rage" it seems that "the machine" is being forgotten, but SWIM prefers his harmalas sublingually and his spice ever so gently vaporized from the copper and bubbled through his vanilla-scented clear "bong water"

While both the water-cooling and the copper-protecting of his smoking device add to the smoothness, copper alone may be enough to solve the harshness issues.
Even if it is as simple as taking a piece of copper (with the polish thoroughly pre-burned off) scraping up the goo and putting the copper in the pipe, then (maybe inverting the pipe) and toking without letting the flame touch the copper.

I apologize for the issues and also if this advice seems to be anything but trying to help in a loving way.

Hope it all works out

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

limoseen
#4 Posted : 8/6/2010 7:58:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After a freeze precip it doesnt seem that it will crystalise.. swim might try just redissolving this and making some more changa with it... and trying again with the red goo..

ps no apologies necessary.. your tek has allowed swim to look into repeating his experiences.. (see experiences in nursery) and you will understand why swim is keen to explore again....

Your tek is the business.. eco.. easy... quick... woot.. THANKS

endlessness
#5 Posted : 8/6/2010 8:05:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if youre using naphtha and its not crystalizing, it quite possibly has xylene/aromatics mixed in (which is likely because you claim its red, and pure aliphatic naphtha shouldnt pull any red). So either get some better naphtha (or heptane/hexane), or salt out with fumaric acid and do the conversion to white crystals as I mentioned in BLAB tek, or just keep as such but make some changa (dissolving it in a less toxic solvent like pure acetone/ethanol/IPA), and smoke it in a better smoking method as suggested above.

good luck

limoseen
#6 Posted : 8/6/2010 8:11:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry.. swim should have made clear that swim did the limonene vinegar tek.. and get the resulting red goo. so its not the nap thats the issue..

Swim was experimenting and tried some pure naptha with the goo in it.. pour of nap and freeze precip... crystals seemed to form... but melted again after pouring off the nap.. look like melted dimitri crystals.. smalls right but cant get out of shot glass

Swim has taken some everclear warmed .. melted it all back in inc the alkaloids and mushed in some pau and bcaap..

endlessness
#7 Posted : 8/6/2010 8:21:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you check the link I wrote above? As I said, it takes care of the melting crystals problem...

and again, if you can get some fumaric acid, you can keep it foodsafe without needing to use naphtha and still get white crystals which you say seem less harsh to you. Your original post was asking how to overcome the issues so I guess either of these options are the best, depending what you want (keeping it food safe if you can get fumaric or using naphtha and preventing the melting problem by doing the trick).

limoseen
#8 Posted : 8/6/2010 9:15:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Endless, are you saying to do the q21q21 tek to the point of adding the limonene.. waiting stirring and pouring off...
then doing the BLAB tek from (as I dont have IPA) point 4b,5b,6-fumarates ?

I.e. skipping the salting step with the hot vinegar/water ?

q21q21
#9 Posted : 8/6/2010 9:40:15 AM

SWIM

limoseen wrote:
Endless, are you saying to do the q21q21 tek to the point of adding the limonene.. waiting stirring and pouring off...

That is positively an option, while SWIM likes his vinegar method, the FASA/FASI/FASW is definitely much more developed.
It would be pretty much amor-fati's non-toxic tek, though using q21q21 style initial steps.

It is even stated in q21q21's tek that the vinegar step can be replaced by the FASA and links to the tek, maybe I'll change the link to the BLAB, has some beautiful FASA/FASW pics Very happy

edit: tek edited, now suggests reading step for in https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._-_The_Big_Leisurely_A/B and choosing from those 3 or SWIM's method.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#10 Posted : 8/6/2010 5:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

limoseen wrote:

yeah thats more or less what I mean, if what you want is clean dmt freebase crystals.

I like the vinegar salting too, to me its great specially if you wanna make changa/infused herbs afterwards (4c,5c, 6acetates from BLAB, which should be more or less the same as q21's vinegar salting, except the final conversion q21 does by evaporating the acetic off, and the BLAB does it by making sodium carb paste and pulling, which to me worked better but each one has their preference). To me with this way the smoke wasnt harsh at all, I find it quite comparable to the converted fumarates, but I also use the vaporgenie so the vapor is alwaysvery smooth

In either case I still suggest you try to find a better smoking method, which should def help preventing the harshness of your smoke.

q21 swears by some modified Machine kind of smoking apparatus, check out his threads, that might be good for you. Personally I use the vaporgenie, as I said, its very worth the investment.

Whatever way you use, good luck Smile