We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Enhanced leaf with blue lotus or passionflower Options

buk
#1 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swims a tad confused :S

Swim has some blue lotus and some passionflower but notices that people only seem to use these in combination with caapi leaves.

would either of these plants have enough maoi's to effect the experience or would it just make a more easily smokable form of spice?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:18:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer tried doing "changa" or a sort of MAOI enhanced leaf blend with plain passionflower leaves with little success compared to caapi alcaloids.
But, it is possible to make a strong tincture of passionflower with wich one you could dissolve your spice and fix to your blue lotus (or the same can be made with blue lotus, and use any herb you want as a carrier), to have a more contrate passiflora extract or blue lotus extract from which you can rely more than plain leaves.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

hyperspacing
#3 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:39:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Normal passionflower doesn't have a lot of maoi compared to caapi. Also it tastes disgusting IMO. Blue lotus doesn't contain any maoi as far as I know but its definitly is nice. I agree with rom. Make a tincture to amplify your passionflower until you can get your hands on some b. Caapi leaves. If. You can also try making a tea from the passionflower and drinking that a while before a session or smoking a few bowls of it before the actual enhanced leaf.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

The_Shaman
#4 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a bit off topic, Try Blue lotus and mugwort together, even just as an herbal smoke with no magic, It's very nice.

Changa is the way to go though, get some B caapi and then have fun with the various blends you can come up with.
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

buk
#5 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:48:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool thanks for the advice Smile

gammagore
#6 Posted : 8/5/2010 11:43:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey just to chime in here, the ocassion that I have smoked passion changa, they have been soooo electric, tastes like shit though. Really nice effects I get from it, very similar to freebase but it is extended by a little while. Blue lotus is one that I still have to get to grips with.

LucidJ
#7 Posted : 8/30/2010 5:37:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Hey just to chime in here, the ocassion that I have smoked passion changa, they have been soooo electric, tastes like shit though. Really nice effects I get from it, very similar to freebase but it is extended by a little while. Blue lotus is one that I still have to get to grips with.

I added a bit a passion to an ad hoc changa of cappy copy passion flower and blue lily. The little bit of Passion flower made it feel like a squid was attacking my face... but then it was great. Kind of aggressive though.

Shadowlord
#8 Posted : 8/31/2010 3:53:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll have to try the Blue Lotus. I have heard it is another good base herb to smoke spice with. My only experiences have been w/ Mullein so far but Passionflower has been highly recommended to me by some other friends.
Blue Lotus sounds nice and I see it in many folks blends so I will give it a whirl when I get the chance.

Electric Kool-Aid
#9 Posted : 5/28/2012 4:13:26 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Just wondering if anyone does the blue lotus and DMT base mix. I know someone mentioned they saw mayan type symbols and stuff.

edit: I got some blue lotus free with my batch of MHRB. just never tried it yet.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

rOm
#10 Posted : 5/28/2012 9:30:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread was two years old, and I don't think adding blue lotus will make you see mayan symbols, you can see mayan symbols already by ingesting tryptamines.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Electric Kool-Aid
#11 Posted : 5/28/2012 10:10:10 AM

Well. Does blue lotus help in any way? calming.... enhance... maoi type effect? Anything?
I am just wondering because I got some with my mhrb and wondering why I need it, is there any advantage.

Sorry to bring up old threads.. Go0gle brought it up when searching for blue lotus maoi. But said it was not a maoi. So I am just wondering what it is for then.
?

Ps. Oh and I said DMT base mix ^^. I mean DMT freebase mix, and not base mix as in caustic. Just clearing that up if there is some confusion in the future about my post!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace

Electric Kool-Aid
#12 Posted : 5/30/2012 1:02:01 AM

blue lotus flowers dried for what? just a blend? to enhance flavour? just a bit confused as to why people use it.

is it bad that I bring up old posts? *confused blank look*

Thrift
#13 Posted : 6/13/2012 8:25:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric Kool-Aid wrote:
blue lotus flowers dried for what? just a blend? to enhance flavour? just a bit confused as to why people use it.

is it bad that I bring up old posts? *confused blank look*

I recently picked up a bag of blue lotus petals. From the research I have been doing online about the effects of blue lotus, it doesn't seem to be very active on its own. Some people report effects and others say it did absolutely nothing, but from what I understand if you mix it with caapi (or any other maoi) then it becomes much more pronounced.

When you are able to experience effects from the blue lotus petals it is supposed to be a sedative and is supposed to make the experience more mellow and relaxing. You could say it probably helps with the anxiety during the experience.

This is just what I have gathered from reading several forums and bits of information I could find on the web. I hope to give you my own personal experience here in the next few days.

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 6/14/2012 5:44:43 AM

gufyg

I recently made a batch of enhanced herb with 50/50 blue lotus and mullein for a base (1:1 herb:spice) as well as the result of a night-long isopropanol soak of ~10 grams of the lotus. I probably should have let the soak go longer. No harmalas.

The effects were as expected those of a pure Spice experience. During this period I can't say there was any noticeable influence from the lotus. They just are not at all close to in the same ballpark. However, upon returning to normal consciousness I noticed that I was much more calm and collected than I normally am after I smoke spice, but again it was very mild. The taste and aroma were nice, very rich but light floweryness. It went with the smell of spice well.
I have gotten effects from a 25x extract of blue lotus from a vendor, basically a natural feeling of sleepyness, and after a good nap with lots of dreaming you wake up refreshed and in a good mood. Mixed with wine there was a mild but distinct euphoria and strangely a clear-headedness to the effects of the wine.

So as far as an addition to changa or enhanced herb, don't expect it to change the primary trip at all. It may lend a hand in the aftereffects however. Some people may not get effects from it , I don't know.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

DMTripper
#15 Posted : 6/18/2012 2:23:20 AM

John Murdoch IV

I once mixed DMT with blue lotus 1:1 and I felt it slowed down the upcoming of DMT effects, or more like postponed it maybe like 30 sec. And then the trip had very much green and blue colors. The flowers and leaves were blue and green. Thought that was kind of weird. But I did like it when I got used to it.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

AluminumFoilRobots
#16 Posted : 6/23/2012 6:41:16 PM

gufyg

I take it back the Lotus doesn't taste like that. It tastes very lotus-y... and somehow a bit moist, like it just came from the river. It does have a particular taste, and it's good, but it isn't sweet.

I smoked a small amount (40mg) of my blue lotus enhanced herb with jurema last night and it was really nice. I got these distinct but not by any means overwhelming CEV's that were a funny hybrid of the whole enhanced herb gestalt and that of the jurema. I guess that would be the expected result of smoking it on jurema, but I had never seen it quite like that before... very organic, lots of metallic greens and reds... it moved a bit like enhanced herb, but it was slower and more controlled, due to the harmala I had ingested. I can't say what effects the Blue Lotus had distinct from the DMT, it's just not too noticeable.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.