We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Random plant STB testing Questions Options

cbaz
#1 Posted : 8/5/2010 12:43:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i've been fairly unsuccessful in my extractions and cant really find a reliable plant. i've tried phalaris grass and it wasn't the best. where i live i am surrounded by Eucalyptus forest (brisbane) and cant identify a damn acacia anywhere. so i thought, to heck with it, ill try some extractions on plants that i think are acacia's (obtusifolia, longifolia). i thought i could do a STB tek but, if i do that (this is where i don't know if i'm right) there is the potentiality that the alkaloids aren't present as a salt? can i use an STB tek for random extractions? annnny help would be warmly welcomed

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 8/5/2010 3:23:47 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I lost 33.5 IQ points trying to understand the above post.

cbaz wrote:
thought i could do a STB tek but, if i do that (this is where i don't know if i'm right) there is the potentiality that the alkaloids aren't present as a salt?

What about the potentiality of alkaloids not being present as a salt? Confused Alkaloids in the plants are almost always as salts, what you really care is whether there is dmt alkaloid to begin with, not whether there are in salt form or not.

cbaz wrote:
can i use an STB tek for random extractions?

Yes, you can

Is it going to be safe/successful/MEANINGFUL?

No.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 8/5/2010 3:38:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It wouldnt matter what form the alkaloids are naturally because in an extraction you are creating artificial pH conditions which will make the alkaloids in the form you want anyways (so in the case of an A/B when you acidify, whatever form they were, they would become salt, or in an STB, they would be freebased).

I dont think the issue is whether you can extract the alkaloids, I think the biggest issue is what undesirable alkaloids can be present.... You do know that there are poisonous alkaloids or other compounds out there, right? I would suggest you keep researching what the aussies are extracting from instead of STBing and bioassaying random potentially dangerous plants

If you are going to do it regardless of what others recommend, then be sure to make many clean up steps (i.e. sodium carb wash, recrystalization with hexane/heptane, freeze precipitation), and be sure to start the bioassay with VERY low doses.. and keep a sample of the plant you are bioassaying next to you and tell someone, in case something goes wrong it can be checked what was it that you ingested/smoked)

cbaz
#4 Posted : 8/6/2010 7:44:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

haha sorry infundi bulum, well actually, becuase its winter at the moment and the trees arent flowering i cant identify successfully. although, i have my eye on two...can anyone see if they can identify them please. i've tried but i dont know how to put photos up here, sorry still trying to figure this place out.
cbaz attached the following image(s):
04082010_010.jpg (568kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
04082010_015.jpg (176kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
04082010_005.jpg (474kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
04082010_003.jpg (521kb) downloaded 28 time(s).