We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone read this book? Options

DoingKermit
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:42:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know most of you have read "The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. Rick Strassman. I was wondering if anyone has read "Inner Paths to Outer Space: Journeys to Alien Worlds through Psychedelics and Other Spiritual Technologies" also by Rick Strassman.

It seems interesting.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wade
#2 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:45:41 PM

wade

It gives a recap on the spirit molecule and also goes into other things like the neurochemistry of ayahuasca and things of that nature

I remember reading it and thinking it was quite redundant but this was quite some time ago, maybe you will enjoy the read

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:01:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I should've looked around. I have just noticed that The Traveler recommends it in the "Book Bin" thread. Guess it is worth a read Smile

Peas...

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:23:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree its redundant for the most part. Strassman brought nothing new there AFAIR... I remember luis eduardo luna's parts were more interestinh. Then there is this guy, Slawek Wojtowicz, who is the one that has all this 'alien' fascination, and I found his parts (as well as his art which is featured in the book) quite boring.

But maybe check it out, could be you like it. I found it ok but not specially amazing book.

joebono
#5 Posted : 8/5/2010 3:15:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's twelve chapters, each with a different author and most of it is filled with zany New Age mumbo-jumbo. A few chapters are grounded and straight faced, but this book as a whole was a disappointment.

Rivea
#6 Posted : 8/5/2010 3:50:03 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I read the book last week in 5 sittings. It was a very worthwhile read. I especially liked the chapters written by Ede Frecska, MD on consciousness.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Phantastica
#7 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:04:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i just ordered this book from amazon 3 days ago...still waiting to get it. i have also read and heard at many places that its redundant of the first book. but i ordered it cuz i haven't read the first one- "dmt: the spirit molecule."
Would u guys recommend it for people who haven't read the first book? What would you rate it out of 10?
<3

ms_manic_minxx
#8 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:40:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The chapters on consciousness alone are worth the purchase. I just finished it today, and very much enjoyed it! The Ayahuasca section was all remedial for me, but it was amazing to see such a balanced and grounded presentation of the medicine on all levels. Plus, it was full of interesting quotes and insights on the subject. There were a few things about scripture and aliens that I felt could have been left to intuition, but, all in all, it was an awesome book and I would totally recommend it. Smile

Though, perhaps I am biased, as a DMT-smoking aspiring science fiction novelist... Wink Cool
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#9 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:54:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I find most ayahuasca books dry and boring these days..maybe its just me, but I have had enough of the ayahuasca-purist hype..enough of the set in stone ritual this way and that way..traditional icaros etc etc..I want something raw..where are the DM Turners, the Mckenna's and Leary's of today? Geeze all we are left with is the Martin Balls..

Pinchbeck, while I find him sort of redundant and mainstreamish..at least is doing some interesting things with reality sandwich and such, so he has my respect reguardless of how much I liked his books(I did like breakinging open the head)..

One of the more interesting books I read lately was Peopled Darkness, written by a guy who spent some time working with salvia. It got republished though under a different name recently so dont ask me jsut goodle it if you want to know..

The one ayahuasca book I do want to read is Peter Gormans book, Ayahuasca in my blood.

I was going to order the inner paths book but it seemed like it was just going to be another ayahusca book telling me the same things ive read in all the other ayahuasca books. I wish there were more people writing about DMT and the many oral forms of DMT-harmalas instead of just foccussing on one context of use that isnt so relative to me...

If the traditional context is what your into..read Wizard of the upper Amazon. Old book.. the REAL deal, and never read another ayahuasca book since that even came close.
Long live the unwoke.

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:01:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fractal, one of the reasons I liked Inner Paths was because it compared/contrasted traditional shamanism, the churches, and modern approaches. It wasn't cut and dry. It was refreshing and insightful, IMHO. Smile

While he DEFINITELY has his biases (which range from fascinating to entertaining), Strassman LOVES what he does and that really shines through in his writing. That makes me like it. Smile

Another great Aya book is Cosmic Serpent. I blew through that in a day!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Rivea
#11 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:26:28 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Fractal, one of the reasons I liked Inner Paths was because it compared/contrasted traditional shamanism, the churches, and modern approaches. It wasn't cut and dry. It was refreshing and insightful, IMHO. Smile

While he DEFINITELY has his biases (which range from fascinating to entertaining), Strassman LOVES what he does and that really shines through in his writing. That makes me like it. Smile

Another great Aya book is Cosmic Serpent. I blew through that in a day!

I like the presentation of the 4 authors all placed in one book. We have Dr DMT Strassman, Dr Ayahuasca Luna, Dr Mushroom Wojtowicz, and Dr Consciousness Frecska. I found this book to provide a nice contrast of style and an interlocking of ideas among the 4 authors.

My entire inspiration to try DMT came in a roundabout way. The first thing was having experienced some dimensional crossing during by my doctor's Neurual Therapy which was done via an IV infusion of procaine HCL in a fairly hefty dose (100 ml of 1% solution = 1 gram procaine HCL) delivered in about 20 minutes. After that I read the Cosmic Serpent and was convinced I had to try ayahuasca. After that I became convinced I needed to vaporize DMT...

After reading several other books I got my hands on this one and I was very happy to read it.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

DoingKermit
#12 Posted : 8/6/2010 12:54:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right. I am definitely going to order Inner Paths and will definitely check out "Wizard of the Upper Amazon" (thanks fractal).

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions! I love you guys Smile

Phantastica
#13 Posted : 8/8/2010 3:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

woohoo! received this book in mail recently. the cover is shiny and the pages smell awesome!!!!Very happy
<3