We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can I use 151 Rum / 75 % alcohol Options

The_Shaman
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:37:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello brothers and sis's , I have a question, can I use 151 Rum which is 75 % alcohol to adhere my magic crystals to my leaf?
Just looking for alternatives to my 92% IPA and I cant get grain alcohol anymore. (used to all the time when we were kids LOL!)

thanks in advance for any insights-
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wade
#2 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:38:33 PM

wade

Certainly

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:38:59 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Can't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you don't mind your changa tasting like rum!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:45:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

exactly...it might taste of rum, and because of water content it will take a while to dry/evap.. but it will most def work

The_Shaman
#5 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

somehow I doubt I would mind it tasting like rum , me being a pirate and all Very happy

I do appreciate the help, I used 92% IPA and I think it was ok, but I thought about grain alcohol after and found out you cant get it anymore, so why I was at the booz store i decided to find the strongest available, and The 151 Rum is the strongest they sell.

thank you kind nexians!

The_Shaman
#6 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Endlessness, I think I read a post somewhere where you suggested a few weeks to dry an IPA batch , am I right.. or can you give me a general idea how long IPA would take on average?

jamie
#7 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:53:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I like pirates, they are soo cool..being married to the sea and all..even want my own ship one day. Rum is where its at..I thought Id get my pirate on one night a while back and drink the rum till I was spinning, then dose bufotenine and harmalas and proceed to dry heave and roll around incoherantly, hallucinating, spinning..spinning..oh yeah thats the way!..dont mind the rum..just make sure to bring your eyepatch.

Dont try this at home. How's that for sidetracking?

Long live the unwoke.

Ice House
#8 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:53:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I have tried it recently to make something that resembles a 10x Caapi extract, no spice involved. It did work great for that. It did taste a bit like rum. It wasnt bad. I am going to add spice sooner or later, I'll prolly use 99.9% ipa for that.

Experiment and explore.

good luck
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

jamie
#9 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:54:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

BTW..iso works fine. Doesnt take to long to dry. I think acetone is faster.
Long live the unwoke.

The_Shaman
#10 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:57:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I like pirates, they are soo cool..being married to the sea and all..even want my own ship one day. Rum is where its at..I thought Id get my pirate on one night a while back and drink the rum till I was spinning, then dose bufotenine and harmalas and proceed to dry heave and roll around incoherantly, hallucinating, spinning..spinning..oh yeah thats the way!..dont mind the rum..just make sure to bring your eyepatch.

Dont try this at home. How's that for sidetracking?

ROFL Shiver me timbers fractal, Argh.. you kidding me matey LOL!

Pirates are Cool Smile

The_Shaman
#11 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House Shaman wrote:
I have tried it recently to make something that resembles a 10x Caapi extract, no spice involved. It did work great for that. It did taste a bit like rum. It wasnt bad. I am going to add spice sooner or later, I'll prolly use 99.9% ipa for that.

Experiment and explore.

good luck

very interesting and good idea, a lil pre-op experimentation sounds like a good idea , Thanks Ice House

gammagore
#12 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:09:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive never used high proof alcohol for changa, not even sure if I can find that kind of alcohol this side of the pond.

Is it that much cheaper than Acetone or IPA? Or are you guys using it for the taste?

The_Shaman
#13 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:17:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, I havent tried it yet, but I know it tastes Great in a Mojito Cool

we used to be able to buy grain alcohol when I was young and make some wicked "pass out" punch, but hey we were young and foolish and invincible back then.... good times good times.

its not cheaper, its probably the more expensive route.

BananaForeskin
#14 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:50:47 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Maybe more expensive in some ways, but it's also a matter of availability. Some of us have a ton of 75%+ moonshine and not a drop of acetone about the homestead... but that's 'cause we are all pirates, as mentioned above
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Ice House
#15 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:32:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

in SWWA you can find 750ml of 75% grain spirits in the state liquor store fore about 12 bucks?

just across the border in PDX,OR you can get 95% everclear for about 15$ for a liter.

99.9% ipa is about 10$ for a liter + or -
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

The_Shaman
#16 Posted : 8/9/2010 3:52:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well My ol' Friend Wicked One eye willie the Pirate stopped by with his blind Parrot Humberto ,and he told me this:

" I made a small batch of Changa: .3g Magic elf crystals with .3g B.Caapi/Pau D'arco and used the ol' 151 rum he had recently read about on the nexus. While preparing this blend, he realized a few minutes into it , he had over-saturated a bit , and this would add quite a bit to the dry time, so he threw in just 2 pinches of Mugwort. This seemed to sop up the extra rum nicely.

28 hrs of Fan on high , and he had himself a small dry batch.

His first try was just a small one , maybe 20mg in the VG. one small toke and one good one.

maybe the slightest taste of rum, not much at all really, and the blend was pure magic , so very visual for 15 min, certainly just a sub-breakthrough voyage, but strong and smooooooth to the taste, just a nice ~ever so slight numbness to the lips"

So my Pirate friend confirms this idea I had mentioned using the 151 proof Rum was successful, and he promises to right up a full report when the time is right to make the journey.

You have to love it when a plan comes together Very happy