We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re-use limonene in 60ron tek? Options

soulfood
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 9:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

what I do... after I'm satisfied all the alks are out of the limonene, I give them a thorough rinse with strong Hcl, then I do the same with a strong NaOH solution. After that I add anhydrous mgso4 to the limonene and then put it in a bottle for another day. Not as good as fresh limo, but it does increase yields and purity of reused limonene pulls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:05:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah reusing limonene works perfectly.. I have no idea how many times you can reuse while still being effective, but I have reused several times in extractions and noticed no diminish in the alkaloid dissolution properties.

If you want, as soulfood said, you can wash limonene with an acidic solution and then basic solution. I wouldnt do it with a strong hcl solution though as I've seen people posting in the forum that limonene seems to react with strong hcl solutions, but I dont say this from experience. But a vinegar wash and then a basic wash, whether its NaOH or sodium carb or whatever, should be more than enough. I have re-used limonene without doing any wash at all (appart from the salting to get the alks out) and it was still working perfectly.

whatami
#3 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiashly wrote:
Well I was thinking more along the lines of dumping the same limonene back into the cactus powder after I had pulled the alks out of it with vinegar. I am trying the experiment now as a matter of fact. I'll let 'er sit for a bit and then filter the limonene and pull it again with vinegar and see what it does.

SWIM's done this on two occasions (although he didn't filter out the limonene before reusing: maybe that was the problem) and both times he was left with a very gooey, unworkable product that would not dry. It's worth noting that the limonene was food-grade and >95% pure from GT. It seems that there are many other folks who have done this successfully, but SWIM is not one of them. He prefers to just use new limonene, although it's quite hard on his wallet.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:42:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Fiashly wrote:
Well I was thinking more along the lines of dumping the same limonene back into the cactus powder after I had pulled the alks out of it with vinegar. I am trying the experiment now as a matter of fact. I'll let 'er sit for a bit and then filter the limonene and pull it again with vinegar and see what it does.

Well yeah that works fine, but if you rinse the solvent out you get cleaner more efficent pulling and once you have finished the extraction you can repeat the clean on the solvent and save it for another day.

dg
#5 Posted : 8/6/2010 12:43:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

washing solovents is a good idea, depending on your process
i have reused the same xylene for 5-10 extractions w/o and wash/cleaning
filtering thru sieve, lab filter paper or de under vac after washing with mild basic water would be good

if you have to use chems, get the most from them Smile