We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
psilocybin/ psillicin extraction? Options

olympus mon
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 9:33:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

im interested in learning if there are teks for extracting psilocybin from dried mushrooms. mushrooms are one of my favorite tools but i have I.B.S. (irritable bowl syndrome) and they really wreck my digestive track. lately i end up with wicked stomach cramps and massive diarrhea sometimes coming on mid trip but certainly the whole next day is spent on the couch fetal. its quite a bummer but worth it. ive tried variuos different methods to minimize the discomfort like taking peptobismol and immodium ad. they work a little but not really enough.
so i was wondering if anyone had any insight on a method to extract and consume what i need and leave the rest behind thats causes the sickness? is that even possible?
i looked for quite a while on the wiki and read all the mushroom pages on the forum but havent seen anything about mushroom teks or isolating psilocybin. my friend told me about something termed a "tootise roll". they are psilocybin reduction and look like and are the size of a tootsie roll. has anyone ever heard of this?
although ive tried to obtain one, dealing with hippy, trippy, flaky guys has made me want to do it myself as i love creating my own substances for journeys anyway.
i appreciate the help.
thank you
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#2 Posted : 8/4/2010 2:13:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried the lemon juice tek ?

I'm not sure about the chemical process, but understood it's a pre-digestion phenomena, bypassing the hard time of turning pslocibin to psilocin usually hard on the stomach :

If not grind your mushrooms well.
Soak in freshly squeeze lemon juice (like a glass).
The acidity will turn psilocibin into psilocin and I usually eat the soup but heard from obliguhl you may discard the solid.
After 30 minutes or more if you want, you drink the lemon juice, charged in psilocin.
I tried twice this recipe with no discomfort whatsoever.

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 8/4/2010 2:44:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Another option would be to grind up your mushrooms and soak them in an acidified ethanol solution for a week or so, shaking it vigorously whenever you remember it's around. Then strain the mushies out and drink whatever fraction of liquid is equivalent to the amount you wanted to eat.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

soulfood
#4 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:20:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Another option would be to grind up your mushrooms and soak them in an acidified ethanol solution for a week or so, shaking it vigorously whenever you remember it's around. Then strain the mushies out and drink whatever fraction of liquid is equivalent to the amount you wanted to eat.

That would pull more crap than a standard water soak though surely?

kyrolima
#5 Posted : 8/8/2010 7:54:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just eat them with your favourite meal, add some spices (not spice ;D) and you won't have any taste or problems with your stomach. Pleased

elusive illusion

q21q21
#6 Posted : 8/8/2010 8:28:00 PM

SWIM

SWIM thinks that tea would be the best bet, simple methods are often the best.

In SWIM's experience with cactus and mushrooms, making a tea does not require any grinding, nor boiling.

Just make it like a "tea" using hot or warm water with a splash of lemon (or small pinch citric acid)
the cooler the water, the more water will be needed, but with mushrooms it should be over 200-300ml even with warm tap water

When using the tea always pour it through a coffee filter and discard the mushroom then just sip the tea.

SWIM never had too much stomach upset from mushrooms, but with cactus he found that separating the drinking of 2 half brews 45-60 minutes apart reduced the nausea from a 7/10 to a 2/10 (10 being involuntarily vomiting)

Dose separating is a very good way of not only avoiding the nausea but also easing the come-up anxiety

(All just SWIM's opinion/experience, not indisputable fact)

Cheers
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 8/9/2010 6:40:38 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

soulfood wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

That would pull more crap than a standard water soak though surely?

And goodies as well...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור