We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
shrooms but allergic to mushrooms Options

Mycokris
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:33:05 AM

The Amazing Me

my friend wants to experience a shrooms, but she had an allergic reaction to portobello mushrooms when she was young (swollen tongue and throat) . would she be allergic to shrooms, or could I do a tea or an extract?

Thanks
Recently released from a Psychiatric Hospital, Don't believe anything IT says.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:42:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If the psychedelic mushrooms contains the same allergen that portobello mushrooms does, then your friend is highly likely to experience allergic symptoms, even if made in a tea or an extract. Whether psychedelic mushrooms actually contains the allergen or not is an impossible question to answer, as mushroom allergy is something largely unexplored by science. I would not take the chance. Sorry!

Mycokris
#3 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:50:09 AM

The Amazing Me

I was thinking the same, just wanted to be sure. been tryin to find lucy but no luck out here so far, and her never experiencing any psychedelics i told her she should wait before trying spice

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can't find LSD, what about mescaline? Several US internet vendors store cacti, and the extraction procedure is quite easy.

Mycokris
#5 Posted : 8/4/2010 4:02:30 AM

The Amazing Me

completely forgot about that, tried the resin tek awhile back but failed. ill have to look for a better tek

q21q21
#6 Posted : 8/4/2010 6:24:33 AM

SWIM

Mycokris wrote:
completely forgot about that, tried the resin tek awhile back but failed. ill have to look for a better tek

How?!?!

It's the simplest tek other than brewing + straining it like tea.
SWIM uses his rice cooker to evaporate it so it doesn't burn, but boiling it down to a brown liquid then evaporating it in the sun would likely work fine. Of course a food dehydrator would be the best method but most not everyone has one.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Mycokris
#7 Posted : 8/4/2010 6:36:23 AM

The Amazing Me

I think the cactus was weak, but I'm gonna give it another shot

Phantastica
#8 Posted : 8/4/2010 9:56:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mycokris wrote:
I think the cactus was weak, but I'm gonna give it another shot

that's the most logical explanation. cacti vary highly in potency and some are even inactive. i would suggest u give it another shot. Also, you can order HBWR seeds, and attempt an LSH conversion: Recipes for Organic LSH It is very much like acid in its character, but the conversion doesn't always work. but still LSA is an awesome trip as well. Best of luckVery happy
p.s. It sucks that your friend is allergic to mushrooms. i would hate it if i had a similar reaction. shrooms are just one of a kind..oh well..
<3

dragon-n
#9 Posted : 9/9/2010 11:33:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

couldn't your friend do an allergy test or something?
like hold the tiniest little piece of a psilocybe mushroom on her tongue without swallowing and see if there is a reaction.
if not, then swallowing the tiniest little piece and waiting to see what happens.
if nothing, then eating a little more and a little more...always going really slowly.
this is how we would sample potential food sources in the wild, there are few things that would cause deadly reactions in such minute quantities if approached cautiously.
maybe it's not even worth it though....
get a food dehydrator and just dry the cactus, and powder it in a blender.
put into gel caps, or vege caps Wink , and swallow pills with orange juice.
no tek needed. readily available, and preferable to LSD in my little cave.

jamie
#10 Posted : 9/9/2010 11:35:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im allergic to mushrooms and I still eat psilocybe mushrooms..never had my mouth swell up or anythng like that..
Long live the unwoke.

The Centre
#11 Posted : 10/20/2010 9:41:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In the light of what Fractal Enchantment said, I would say do what dragon-n said. That way she can get the full spectrum of experiences too. When she reaches 7g (that is if she isn't allergic.), then you can move on to spice.

Get an asthma pump and some anti-histamines in case of an emergency if you are really paranoid about it.