We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is salvia responsible for my actions? Options

Sublime
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 1:07:23 AM

Intraterrestrial

Well I smoked about a cone of salvia 10x extract, felt heavy, grounded feeling, like intense relaxation similar sleep paralysis. After that I smoked another bowl and waited to see if I could experience more. Well, after about fifteen seconds I felt the same heaviness, the most heavy feeling I can recognize, sinking into my couch, with a pressure on my body that I can only describe as universal gravity (gravity that exists in all directions) pushing in on me. Then it started pushing me to the left and right and almost onto the floor but I remained composed. Then the dimension to my left and right pushed together overlapping them to where I felt I was in two places at once? Then what came next was extremely weird. The salvia seemed to push me up and MADE me walk into my bedroom where my girlfriend and son were. As if it wanted me to recognize their presence like..shouldn't someone be sitting for you, or why are they here? Then it looped me back around to the couch, it seems like I was a character in a video game controlled by an observer. Then it made me walk outside and down the stairs, the whole while I am talking to it asking why are you making me do this? Forces were pushing me in directions, though I just let go and see what would happen. Is this normal or do I need a slap in the face for being drunk and smoking salvia?
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 8/4/2010 1:13:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's for smoking Salvia while drunk.

That aside, it is not uncommon that one experience such sensations after smoking Salvia. The effect is often called "Salvia gravity", where gravity can suddenly change it's direction. Some people also feel drawn or forced in a direction, but it's the first time I've heard about anyone being forced to walk here and there! Try to smoke sober next time, and report back. Smile

lyserge
#3 Posted : 8/4/2010 1:21:18 AM

polyfather anomalous

Hmm...well you were aware of your surroundings so you weren't completely in Salvia space. Agreed, "Salvia gravity" is common, when I smoked it (huge rip of 20x extract in a naive way) I ended up being flipped by "radial gravity" through each page in an infinite book, where each page was a different Salvia space, with that strange feeling and strange logic about it...and a lot more than that but it's not the point. Reading about Salvia triggers that same feeling, which I find absolutely terrifying given my experience, where I wasn't aware of who I was or that I was on a drug. And yes, smoke sober in a safe place and report back Cool
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ragabr
#4 Posted : 8/4/2010 1:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Each time I have tried salvia, after breaking through my body gets up and walks around, even though I'm no longer aware of the external surroundings. Consider traveling with a sitter, just in case?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 8/4/2010 2:15:51 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

-
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 8/5/2010 7:00:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tie yourself to something solid and secure before smoking using a strap that won't harm you if you tug away from it, e.g silk scarf. Ensure that no sharp or dangerous objects are within reach. Light and smoke bong over non-incandescent surface so no fire will be caused if dropped or knocked once journeying.

Then go in knowing that you will not become another Erowid walkabout horror story. There were three last time I checked: one stabbing, one attempt to jump off a balcony, one who awoke battered and bruised in the street.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

DeMenTed
#7 Posted : 8/5/2010 7:31:33 PM

Barry

Definitely have a sitter next time and defo dont get drunk first.

I would say that the urge to go and see your girlfriend was possibly a subconcious effort by yourself to connect again with reality. With breakthrough doses i often try and find reality by walking and looking for something familiar.
Just a thought Smile