We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Namaste Options

Shayku
#1 Posted : 8/3/2010 5:08:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I want to introduce myself. My name is Shayku. I'm a long-time substance explorer. 29 years old, from Montreal. I've surfed about 15 substances, no need to list them really, and I've gone through phases of bliss and terror and clarity and insanity and addiction and control. I've grown through all of this, from the adolescent bad trip to what has brought me here tonight. I've grown enough to recognize that I now have a lot more maturity in the field of psychonautics. Substances are not my life. They never have been. They've been a hobby, a mistake, a blessing. They may be the key to my spirituality. I have a great job, still love school, still looking for love, all the boring stuff that makes one a stand-up citizen. But that's never been satisfying for me. I cannot sit back. I am an explorer.

I've had a stash of DMT for the past 6 months and had yet to try it out. I waited. I had to read up and inquire first, as I always do with a new substance. But this time, the inquiry dragged on. This was not your usual 'try it out' thing. This is something else. This is big. This is it. Finally I decided that Strassman and Mckenna and everyone on Erowid had told me enough. I took the plunge. Alone. I was told not to do it alone, and though I am not one to go against the wisdom of others, my instincts told me that this was between me and whatever else. The woman who usually plays the little-shaman role in our group knew that she could not guide me with this one, and I knew that I had go out there on my own. And I did.

On the first try, I held on for dear life. I had kept my eyes open, and the world swirled, and the rocks crept towards me, and the sun was a vortex sucking everything towards it, including my anxiety. So I looked at it, looked at it suck away, and it all passed. The terror was gone, and I was left laughing, 8 minutes later, at the thought that I was still alive, that I had done this and survived.

Granted, that first try was a failiure. How in the world, after all this preparation, did I not even think of closing my eyes? Next time would be different. And it was. This time, eyes closed, meditation, quiet, observation. I fixed all of it, and this time I tripped. Didn't break through, tried again, broke through.

Broke through.

Oh the colors! And something, someone, swimming in the colors! This is where it lives! How amazing it is to be here!

I went again!

This time, one of them took me along and showed me a spot where he likes to live, but is now occupied by someone else. He was explaining this bening dilemma, I didn't know what to say.

Later, I came to my (human) friends and declared everything I had seen and discovered. I tripped in their presence. They are curious, waiting for the context. Rightfully awaiting the moment. That time with them was the strongest. I felt some hostility from the beings, as well as fascination and curiosity of course. The dome was huge. Swirling, always everything swirling. And the entities, they just keep coming and morphing and showing off.

I'm still completely new to this, obviously. I have more questions than anything else, but I think I'll ask these in later posts. This is my introduction. I'm glad to have discovered this entire world. Most psychedelics make me a bit paranoid, but this is so other-worldly that paranoia is obliterated.

I have many things to say and ask, so much to explore. I'll go read up more of the forums and come back to ask my questions.

I like this place. The community seems respectful, people seem intelligent, the rules make sense. This is great.

SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

KwisatzHaderach
#2 Posted : 8/3/2010 7:18:49 AM

everything is becoming

welcome shayku!

What a pleasant read! I'm very excited for you and your breakthrough experiences. I also very much identified with your relationship to psyches in general. The whole circle of hobby, interest, fascination, obsession, spiritual tool etc. They become so many things to me as well in different perspectives in my life. They truly are wonderful.

Good luck in future travels and I look forward to seeing you throughout the forums.

thankyou
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

professor8
#3 Posted : 8/3/2010 8:02:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Shayku Smile
great intro, thank you

HAPPY TRAVELS
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:04:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, Shayku. Sounds like you've got a great community there.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

jbark
#5 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:13:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome from a fellow mount realer. Cheers and welcome!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

OutThereSomewhere
#6 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:27:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! I am new here too... I enjoyed your introduction so much!

Quote:
but this is so other-worldly that paranoia is obliterated.

I love it... beautifully said Shocked Very happy

endlessness
#7 Posted : 8/3/2010 3:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice intro essay! Will be glad to hear more from you in the future!

Welcome to the Nexus!

Shayku
#8 Posted : 8/4/2010 4:20:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone. I'm having a lot of fun reading your posts. It's been years since I've been a forum goer in one way or another, takes me back Smile
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

Bill Cipher
#9 Posted : 8/5/2010 9:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. You write very well. I look forward to reading more.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 8/5/2010 11:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Welcome aboard, Shayku!

Something tells me you and I will get along just fine Smile

kyrolima
#11 Posted : 8/5/2010 1:48:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friend,
a warm welcome from me!

Peace

Mr_DMT
elusive illusion

The_Shaman
#12 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:37:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome from one nexus newbie to another, your right about this place ~ Ask ..and you shall receive the answer, if not several.
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

ms_manic_minxx
#13 Posted : 8/5/2010 5:55:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I loved your introduction! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for joining the quest. Pleased
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Aegle
#14 Posted : 8/5/2010 6:28:50 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Shayku

Such a lovely introduction essay, a warm welcome to you.

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

gammagore
#15 Posted : 8/5/2010 11:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboardSmile

Dimitrius
#16 Posted : 8/6/2010 1:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Shayku.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi