We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Curcumin (Turmeric extract) - Non-toxic+ Easy Extraction Tek Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 8/3/2010 5:00:18 AM

SWIM

Curcumin (Turmeric extract) - Non-toxic extraction tek - Version 0.6a
(for those who don't know version jargon, a = alpha and means this version is far from ready for final release/draft and is pending testing/input from others before being considered a working/reliable tek)

Warning: This extraction is can be very messy because turmeric contain a non-water-soluble dye which can stain clothes, counters, hands and pretty much anything. It is recommended to use gloves, clothes that you don't mind staining and do it outdoors if possible, not for safety but for cleanliness.

About curcumin:
Curcumin is an MAOI like harmaline, harmine and THH.
It can give clear and obvious effects by itself and has been used to potentate smoked cannabis, as an additive to smoked spice either sublingually or smoked. It doesn't seem to work with oral DMT like harmalas but will likely produced a distinct alteration when taken with any psychedelic.

Of course like all MAOIs/RIMAs caution should be taken with these combination, especially with SSRIs.

Materials required:
50-200g - Turmeric
One - Disposable container - coke bottle, nestea bottle, something like that.
About 200ml - Canola oil (any cooking oil would likely work)
One - Chopstick or metal spoon
One - Funnel
Several squares - Toilet paper
One - 50ml-100ml Seal-able container
Some - Electrical tape or Masking tape (not needed if your seal-able container is tinted)
One - 1ml or 5ml dropper

Step 1:
Carefully pour or spoon 50-200g of turmeric into you disposable container

Step 2:
Add about 1ml of canola oil for ever gram of turmeric (doesn't have to be precise) then stir it well, maybe stir it a few more times later.
Heat the mix up by just letting it sit in a bowl of hot water, it seems to help the process

Step 3:
After mixing it a couple times just let it sit for several hours or until there is a liquid-layer on top of some clumpy sediments at the bottom.
(Most of the oil will be absorbed by the turmeric, similar to how dried cactus absorbs water so it will only be a portion of the oil added)
(if this doesn't happen then more oil is needed, go back to step 2)
Get your funnel and your seal-able container. put a sheet or two of toilet paper (flat, not crumpled/rolled) in the funnel.
Holding the funnel over your seal-able container slowly/carefully pour the liquid layer from your disposable container through the toilet paper+funnel

If you'd like it more filtered than that you can put it through a coffee filter, but it will likely still be translucent, anyway, the impurities = turmeric, no biggie.

Voila! - SWIM isn't sure how much curcumin is in the turmeric
SWIM did it on 125g of turmeric and got about 70ml of oil which is active at .8ml and quite strong at 1.6ml
You can definitely repeat step 2+3 again and test the potency, SWIM had ~40 doses and a full container so he didn't try another pull.

Make sure it is stored either in a dark room or in a tinted/tape wrapped container to protect it from the sun, curcumin has documented photo-degradation/photo-oxidization properties.

Administration:
There are 3 methods:

Smoking - works find but it is quite harsh, not too tasty and there will be oil left over
Oral - works but only a portion of the strength
Sublingual administration - strongest effects - SWIM's favorite method

For sublingual administration SWIM's method which is very easy and effective for him and anyone he's given it too is:
Squirt the dose into your mouth
Swish it around your mouth for 1-2 minutes
gargle
swish it around for 1-2 minutes more
gargle
spit out.
(wipe the yellow from your teeth with a tissue)

It's not bad, tastes weakly like turmeric and alone the effects come on in 5-10 minutes. They are somewhat harmala-like, slightly stimulating and last 1.5-2.5 hours at the peak.
SWIM has smoked DMT twice after sublingual turmeric and it increase and drastically changed the visuals+head-space. Very odd visuals indeed, though he hasn't had a full breakthrough w/ curcumin
SWIM's roomie and friend still rage about curcumin + cannabis. The are self-admittedly BIG potheads and they were saying "it's like the first time I smoked pot" and they were very impressed by the combination

Hope you enjoy the tek!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 8/3/2010 5:12:56 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Woot! Appreciate the work, Q21Q21. Just the other day, I was having a discussion with a friend and I was claiming that almost everything we take into our bodies has some effect on our mindset, and how changing our food must change the way we see the world, an idea they refused as crap (this was even before the space paste topic came up). Wait until they see this!

May the kurkuma spirit forever shower you with yellow and good luck...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

sigmundfreuid
#3 Posted : 8/3/2010 5:43:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome , Nice Work !,
This tek is really a time and money saver if you would consider using this instead of the traditional harmalas.

Only thing Swim wonders is; will it work if doing aya or Pharmahuasca ?
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

PureMan
#4 Posted : 8/3/2010 6:14:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice! SWIM is going to do an extraction tomorrow and start testing.

State of the Mind
#5 Posted : 8/3/2010 4:04:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am going to try an extraction right now. Nice to see a cheap non toxic tek.

Thanks.

Any advice about how long to let the Turmeric soak?!?
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Otiliya
#6 Posted : 8/3/2010 5:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is just ridiculously too good to be true! I'm trying it tonight.

How strong are the effects?(i just can't wait, i'm so curious) Have you tried more than 1.6ml? Are there any unpleasant effects?

Anyways, will try tonight and report on the effects of 2ml.

nabster98
#7 Posted : 8/3/2010 6:09:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 i was wondering how you ended up with 70ml of oil when you suggested a ratio of 1:1. I used 56 grams of turmeric and put in 55 ml of oil. Was this correct on my part? or did you just simmer down the oil a little bit?
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

q21q21
#8 Posted : 8/3/2010 6:31:33 PM

SWIM

sigmundfreuid wrote:
Awesome , Nice Work !,this can be done in a matter of minutes and its non toxic like Rue or Caapi.
This tek is really a time and money saver if you would consider using this instead of the traditional harmalas.

It states at the top "About curcumin" that it doesn't seem to work with oral DMT. SWIM tried it and the effects were "nothing beyond just curcumin" at 2ml oral curcumin (previously tested to be effective) and 100mg DMT acetates. With harmalas that would have produced medium-strong effects.

State of the Mind wrote:
I am going to try an extraction right now. Nice to see a cheap non toxic tek.

Thanks.

Any advice about how long to let the Turmeric soak?!?

SWIM pulled off the first bit at ~4 hours, but he squeezed it through a cloth (SOOO MESSY!) it was about a day later that he noticed the seperation and decanted it.
Both the 4 hour batch and the day-soak batch had similar strengths.

Otiliya wrote:
This is just ridiculously too good to be true! I'm trying it tonight.

How strong are the effects?(i just can't wait, i'm so curious) Have you tried more than 1.6ml? Are there any unpleasant effects?

Anyways, will try tonight and report on the effects of 2ml.

The effects are slightly-psychedelic and for someone not familiar with harmalas they might compare it to marijuana because it is non-visual (at least to SWIM) but either way it is very much beyond placebo. It also seem to produce changes in dreams (though not necessarily beyond placebo) but if taken too close to bed it can stimulate you too much to get a good sleep

nabster98 wrote:
q21q21 i was wondering how you ended up with 70ml of oil when you suggested a ratio of 1:1. I used 56 grams of turmeric and put in 55 ml of oil. Was this correct on my part? or did you just simmer down the oil a little bit?

The tek was just edited to explain, turmeric absorbs oil like cactus absorbs water so there will only be a portion of the oil to be poured off/filtered.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Gir
#9 Posted : 8/3/2010 6:56:14 PM

Gir

Great.

SWIM will be testing this tonight as well.

Has SWIY tested it with other MAOIs such as harmaline/harmine/thh? Is it increase effectiveness?

-gir
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

sigmundfreuid
#10 Posted : 8/3/2010 9:44:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

now if swim take this tincture with datura inoxia seeds will it potentiate it ? or is it a bad idea
Swim wants to take a medium high dose with like 5 datura inoxia seeds .
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

Otiliya
#11 Posted : 8/4/2010 6:03:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried 13g with 15ml canola oil managed to get 3 pipette-fuls. Little pipette holds approx. 1.5ml. In 3 sessions pretty much, it was in the mouth dancing for good 40, 10+ mins each pipette-ful. I didn't notice any effects at all, sadly. It was soaked for 4+ hours. I'll try it again in a week with longer soak.

q21q21
#12 Posted : 8/4/2010 6:18:47 AM

SWIM

Otiliya wrote:
I tried 13g with 15ml canola oil managed to get 3 pipette-fuls. Little pipette holds approx. 1.5ml. In 3 sessions pretty much, it was in the mouth dancing for good 40, 10+ mins each pipette-ful. I didn't notice any effects at all, sadly. It was soaked for 4+ hours. I'll try it again in a week with longer soak.

sorry to hear that, how about try heating the mix before pulling the oil off, SWIM did that.
It may be bunk turmeric, but all the brands SWIM has tried worked so that isn't too likely.

He edited that tek to recommend heating it with a hot water bath.

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 8/4/2010 7:04:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ingestion without co-ingestion of piperine is not likely to cause any noticeable effects. 20mg piperine is enough, which equals 200-400mg of black pepper. To be sure, ingestion of half a gram is advised.

jamie
#14 Posted : 8/4/2010 7:39:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sigmundfreuid wrote:
Awesome , Nice Work !,

No I dont think so..Ive beenusing turmeric and currey both for a long time now to potentiate tryptamines with harmalas..expecially bufotenine with caapi..but without the harmalas it's not the same..the currey and turmeric with the harmalas was when it got interesting.

I remember way back when I fisrt posted about getting these effects from currey, and it's cool other people are finding the same thing and comming up with teks.
Long live the unwoke.

Otiliya
#15 Posted : 8/4/2010 6:01:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM smoked some weed with it an hour later too, with no potentiated effects really. There is definitely a synergy with harmala alkys: peaceful, f-ed up and really stoning/lazy effects are more pronounced, buzzing and even melodic 'sounds'. But with this oil, nothing like that.

I will try to soak for longer and heat it up a little too. Will also administer black pepper with it. How should i go about with the black pepper? Keep the half a gram in my mouth? seems like a lot. I think ron suggested a capsule. will try a little under tongue and a cap and report in a few days.

PureMan
#16 Posted : 8/5/2010 6:07:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Worked for SWIM. Smile

q21q21
#17 Posted : 8/5/2010 7:22:44 AM

SWIM

Cloud wrote:
Worked for SWIM. Smile

Glad to hear!

Was the batch heated at all, or all room temp??

SWIM heated his, Otiliya may not of.
if he didn't and we did and got results and he didn't, the heating may be a necessity!

PureMan
#18 Posted : 8/5/2010 7:38:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Cloud wrote:
Worked for SWIM. Smile

Glad to hear!

Was the batch heated at all, or all room temp??

SWIM heated his, Otiliya may not of.
if he didn't and we did and got results and he didn't, the heating may be a necessity!

SWIM heated his batch when he made it, and left it maybe 5 or 6 hours, while stirring and heating every 2nd hour.

SWIM took maybe 1.5ml and felt a definite stoning type effect. He smoked a bowl about 10 minutes after and isn't too sure if it helped too terribly much, but it did seem to make him a little higher. I wouldn't say it was like the first time SWIM ever got high though.

Maybe SWIM will try a higher dose tomorrow.

Otiliya
#19 Posted : 8/15/2010 8:27:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It still didn't work for me. I used about 50g of turmeric with 60-70 mL of canola oil.

It was mixed lots at first then let sit for 2 days under a hat in the dark. Mixed again and microwaved at small increments, stirred and remicrowaved (with a cup on top to prevent excessive light) until hot. Let sit an hour and reheated a little more and then left alone for a couple of more days under a hat in the dark.

I took a teaspoon full. I also swallowed a 00 capsule of 2/3 full of black pepper, 30 minutes before oil. I felt the cap dissolve as it felt wierd on the stomach and i could feel black pepper tickle my nostrils when breathing. The oil was in my mouth swirling for at least 15 minutes. I spat it out though, it was much more flavourful and bitter than first attempt.

Idk, i didn't feel any different. Harmalas have very obvious effect, due to harmaline i suppose. Dreamy, positive, calm, appreciative, relaxed and flu sicky almost. With this nothing beyond placebo. I want this to work. I'll take higher dosage of black pepper and oil.

EDIT: Ok, so i tried it again. This time swallowed two full 00 capsules of ground black pepper and once they dissolved (i felt it) I put a table spoon and extra of the now 2week old turmeric oil and kept it it under the tongue and gargled for 15 mins and then swallowed. and still nothing. Soon after the curcumin oil i ate table spoon ful of Nutmeg essential oil (from eBay, "wf-medical"Pleased stirred into a cup of milk. Didn't feel anything.
I'm going to try to get turmeric from somewhere else and make some more oil and make it very potent and hopefully I'll feel something out of it.

Potter
#20 Posted : 11/23/2010 1:43:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

An improved technique for oil extractions I found for cooking, it looks quite useful for the above process.

Quote:
Infusion Profusion: Game-Changing Fast ‘N Cheap Technique
August 11th, 2010 · 168 Comments · Uncategorized

By Dave Arnold
You can infuse flavors into liquor (and water based things, too) almost instantly with nothing more than an iSi Cream Whipper . You can use seeds, herbs, spiced, fruits, cocoa nibs, etc. Here’s how:

Put room-temperature booze into the cream whipper. Add herbs, seeds, whatever. Close the whipper and charge it with nitrous oxide (N2O –the regular whipped cream chargers). Swirl gently 30 seconds and let stand 30 seconds more. Quickly vent the N2O out of the whipper, open it, and strain out the infusion. Done.
Source and rest of article.

Don't forget to de-pressurize! This is best done by inserting nozzle into mouth and pulling trigger!

All seriousness aside, the above technique should prove useful in speeding up the extraction process and allow people to experiment with other potential spices at a faster pace. Can't wait to start experiemnts this weekend.

123NEXT