We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
1kg MHRB Extraction Options

Method
#1 Posted : 7/31/2010 8:22:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hai!

My dog has some newbie questions,

He did a STB extraction on 50gr MHRB, and now he wants to try 1kg of MHRB.
Last time he got 300mg of yellow crystals (with re-x), and he ruined it while trying to smoke it with his friends because they didn't inhale it correctly. (dogs aren't that good at that Sad)

He wants to go for the white crystals now, is there anything that can do to avoid yellowness? He wondered how much sodiumhydroxide / water / naphta he'll be needing for a 1kg STB extraction. He's also planning to do a sodiumcarbonate wash this time, but he wondered if sodiumcarbonate-decahydrate (that's the closest dogs can find) is also good?

Also, I've seen a lot of A/B teks in which there wasn't a defatting step, doesn't this defeat the purpose of doing an A/B in the first place?

Greets,

Me and my dog.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

q21q21
#2 Posted : 7/31/2010 8:35:07 PM

SWIM

A/B teks have many advantages:

the acid boils can be reduced to small amounts
much much lower amount of lye needed (SWIM remembers seen 1g lye for 50g of bark)
The process while more steps can be done much more quickly under a day, STBs take longer to freebase the spice.
A/B teks tend to produce cleaner spice.

While for a 1kg extraction SWIM's tek probably isn't the best, an A/B with lye and vinegar would likely work great.

there is a thread about it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11548

As for smoking:
the machine is the way to go, even if it is as simple as the spice melted onto some copper and the copper stuck in the bowl of a pipe/bong, it will protect the spice.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Machine

Good luck
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

vampir
#3 Posted : 8/1/2010 1:46:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please be sure to post a picture of your final yield when you're done. SWIM would love to see 10+ grams of spice sitting in a jar! haha
He hopes you're gonna be handing out lots of sampler packs to close friends Razz

Method
#4 Posted : 8/2/2010 3:04:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
A/B teks have many advantages:

the acid boils can be reduced to small amounts
much much lower amount of lye needed (SWIM remembers seen 1g lye for 50g of bark)
The process while more steps can be done much more quickly under a day, STBs take longer to freebase the spice.
A/B teks tend to produce cleaner spice.

While for a 1kg extraction SWIM's tek probably isn't the best, an A/B with lye and vinegar would likely work great.

there is a thread about it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11548

As for smoking:
the machine is the way to go, even if it is as simple as the spice melted onto some copper and the copper stuck in the bowl of a pipe/bong, it will protect the spice.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Machine

Good luck

Hm yes, I understand the A/B now.
Though, if my dog was to be going for STB anyways, how much water / lye / nafta, should he be using?
Pics will be delivered ofcourse.

Greetz, my dog.

q21q21
#5 Posted : 8/2/2010 3:31:15 AM

SWIM

Oh ya, sorry.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ategory:Straight_To_Base
if memory serves me correct it's 1g/1g/10-15ml, lye/mhrb/water

All the teks are there, as far as I know the ratios don't change for lye/water/bark but if many say that 100ml of naptha is enough for any extraction, as opposed to the 1000ml it calls for. if your container is wide though you might need more than 100ml to get an adequate separation.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Ice House
#6 Posted : 8/2/2010 6:15:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

You dog needs to take a step back and reconsider this next step. Jumping from 50grams to 1kg is a big step. I would tell you dog, If I knew how to speak dog and I could get some one on one time with him, to do smaller extractions 200, 300, 500gs.

tell your dog to refine his skills first.

If your dog insists on doing a kilo then I would suggest BLAB

Good luck
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Method
#7 Posted : 8/2/2010 4:34:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay my dog did it in different jars, 3x3 Liter jars with 300gr MHRB / 300gr NaOH / 2500 mL tap water, with 150 mL Naphta, And 1x2 Liter jar with 100gr MHRB / NaOH and 1750 mL tap water and 100 mL naphta. He noticed that even though jars say 3 Liters, the MHRB takes in some place aswell, so the idea of 2850 mL tap water was noticed as too much. All and all the goo seems a bit more gooey than the 50gr extraction. Will post pics soon.

Greetz, my dog

Method
#8 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:07:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay, mega confused here. Dog did 2 pulls in 2 days, and i noticed the naphta is like so dark u couldnt tell the difference between the layers. He freeze-precipitated and what came out was brown crap with yellow/white on top (I think those were the droids we were looking for) anyways, when dry it becomes gooey, lost a bit of yield when holding it upsidedown to dry, it dripped a lot. Now, he re-x'd And when heating the brown crap, the whole DMT/Brown mix became a liquid, with black liquid on top and yellow goo below. When pouring it out after mixing it with naphta, it was still supermega brown/blackish so i poured off the brown/black part, left the yellow goo, now im here with yellow goo and brown/black in the freezer. What is the yellow goo, and what is the black liquid?

Greetz, my dog.

The yellow goo, and the pulls from the 3 different jars.
Method attached the following image(s):
Afb0146.jpg (1,268kb) downloaded 277 time(s).
Afb0143.jpg (921kb) downloaded 277 time(s).

endlessness
#9 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:15:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

do a mini-A/B on that whole brown/dark stuff... Mix with vinegar 3x, put the vinegar together, re-base the vinegar, and re-extract with 2 or 3 pulls with fresh solvent, and freeze precipitate.. hopefully this will clean it up. I would also redissolve the yellow goo in the vinegar too (or at least try to re-x it)

as for what it is, its a mistery. Seems quite a few people report this 'dark naphtha' problem. heat seems to be one of the factors that might influence it but its not the only reason. Did you use heat for the pulls?

DoingKermit
#10 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:30:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also had the dreaded "dark naphtha" situation occur a while back. I just let the brown solvent sit for a few days and all the brown stuff managed to slowly float to the bottom, giving me the option to siphon off clean solvent into a different container. A mini A/B will be a better option, as the problem i had could be different to yours.

Method
#11 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:33:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well the sodium hydroxide made it seriously hot, like, untouchable hot, but my dog waited 1 day till it to cool off to do the pulls.

Method
#12 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:36:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
I have also had the dreaded "dark naphtha" situation occur a while back. I just let the brown solvent sit for a few days and all the brown stuff managed to slowly float to the bottom, giving me the option to siphon off clean solvent into a different container. A mini A/B will be a better option, as the problem i had could be different to yours.

Yeah, it was noticable that when the black naphta was sitting still, it had the blackness on the bottom. Dried it off and scraped up, it was pure black stuff, kind of like plastic-ish.

geeg30
#13 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:39:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of naptha you using? I have noticed that a heavy naptha seems to pull more crap than a light naptha.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Method
#14 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:47:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:
What kind of naptha you using? I have noticed that a heavy naptha seems to pull more crap than a light naptha.

Well in Holland we got one from France, it's called: Wasbenzine Naphte 100/140

geeg30
#15 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:54:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried that one so can't comment.

You could try dissolving your yellow goo in warm lighter fluid (Ronsonol etc)or Heptane (if you can get it) and then freeze precip/evap or do an A/B on your goo to clean it up.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Ios Andronikos
#16 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guy's

I have been reading through some of these posts and thought this place
may be of some help to some of you good people here ( BIOSTAIN-Ready Reagents Ltd, )

They don't stock everything we use here but they do some of the things ie Xylene,
IPA, Acetone, NaOH, HCL, ~ etc etc. But most of all its there prices, they are BRILL...

I did try and post this in a more suitable place but there was no way for me to do this.

Cheers

Ios

curious1
#17 Posted : 8/5/2010 8:31:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A fool is asking why BLAB was not considered for that amount? Just curios - I am a total noob and just bumbling about
Love

Trickster
#18 Posted : 8/5/2010 12:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

DoingKermit wrote:
... A mini A/B will be a better option, as the problem i had could be different to yours.

While running mini-A/Bs Swim has found very helpful to do the following:
- Let the acidified aqueous solution sit in a fridge for a day.
- Decant and discard precipitated solids.
- Filter the liquid.
- Defat the aqueous solution with heptane.
- Proceed to basify and pull as normal.

This usually results in white spice that does not require further cleaning.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

rOm
#19 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

curious1 wrote:
A fool is asking why BLAB was not considered for that amount? Just curios - I am a total noob and just bumbling about

Ice House Shaman suggested it few post before.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Method
#20 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:56:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:
... A mini A/B will be a better option, as the problem i had could be different to yours.

While running mini-A/Bs Swim has found very helpful to do the following:
- Let the acidified aqueous solution sit in a fridge for a day.
- Decant and discard precipitated solids.
- Filter the liquid.
- Defat the aqueous solution with heptane.
- Proceed to basify and pull as normal.

This usually results in white spice that does not require further cleaning.

Will do, out of NaOH so he has to pick that up at the store. Should dog pick up HCl solution aswell or will white vinegar do?

Didn't do blab cuz of no experience in A/B, thought STB was good enough, thought wrong.

Greetz, my dog.

12NEXT