We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mescaline ayahuasca = ecstatic vision quest Options

dragon-n
#1 Posted : 7/29/2010 7:38:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

after posting a few things about MDMA i had heard somebody recommending caapi plus mescaline, being rather "ecstatic" itself.
of course, we are not trying to recreate MDMA here, but ecstasy comes in many forms.
i had experience with rue and cactus, but not caapi. rue plus cactus was okay...nothing to gush about. mellow...warm....drowsy...
previously i only had one caapi experience (48 grams) and it was an overdose. a horrendous, dizzying, puke-laden overdose.
this time i went carefully....20 grams caapi tea with 3 datura stram. seeds for nausea cancellation.
viva datura!! you do your job well, i must say.
at one point i could feel my stomach being mad at me for moving around but there was NO NAUSEA whatsoever...what a blessing.
after i stabilized on the caapi tea (one hour) i was feeling quite mellow and good.
i was in a fairly psychedelic state, plus 1.5, and was getting those weird "brain surge, vertigo flashes" in my head from caapi.
anyone get those???

after i realized i had nailed the caapi dose and was "in the clear," 200 mgs. purified mescaline acetate was taken.

pure mescaline takes me pretty much exactly 2 1/2 hours to peak.
like clock-work i scaled up the long mescaline mountain reaching new heights every 15 minutes or so.
the last 30 minutes is always a steeper incline, getting progressively higher quicker.
within the mellow, relaxed, caapi vibration there was now an energy stirring like nothing i've experienced from rue-based "ayahuascas."
profound kundalini buzzing at the base of my spine, reaching up and settling at the spiritual eye in the forehead,
illuminating the body with the phenethylamine charge of ecstatic bliss.

ayahuasca with energy.
feels like rue + acid.

the mind is spaciously large, encompassing the entire caapi spectrum, with lightening beaming from below streaking the mental skies.
caapi is very warm....mescaline is very warm.
mescaline ayahuasca is the warmest bath i've ever rested in.

the caapi glow is deepened and expanded. the mescaline flashes of light are deepened and expanded.
caapi breaths into mescal breaths into caapi. each strengthens and tones the other.
the caapi turns off the speediness, the mescaline reacts by speeding the caapi up.
i could find perfect rest in trance or in motion.
lying down or pacing...hyper and giddy as a child, restful as a sage.

i have added my testimony to many others saying that harmalas plus stimulants equals a cancellation of the stimulant properties.
well yes.....but no. i disagree now....i retract my statements....but i still agree.

somehow it's both.

i also blame the fact that by the time the mescaline was peaking i had already been on the caapi tea for 3 hours.
so by the time we're in full swing, the caapi would normally be dwindling slightly.
this was most notable later on in the evening as the caapi started dwindling and the mescaline said, "hey, we're just getting started."

caapi strengthens the mescaline by about 2.
it felt equivalent to about 400 mgs. mescaline.
it made it more intense in some ways and less intense in others.
i could have been 3 times as high and i wouldn't have panicked.

not because i'm tough-stuff or anything, but because the caapi brings equal-minded dispassionate observation to the ego-thought processes.
i experienced this same thing with Rue + Acid.
while under the harmala calmness i tried licking a drop off of an acid-solution bottle tip and accidently licked the whole nozzle.
uh-oh....maybe 5 hits maybe 10. uh-oh....
i layed down in bed with my rue-based dispassion and said, "bring it on, sweetheart."

i felt more spaced-out and high than mescal alone, but also more grounded and incapable of over-reaction.
perennial peace.

caapi lengthens the mescaline a great deal.
mescaline peaks are over around 3 or 3 1/2 hours for me, even from bigger doses.
i was clearly in the deepest end of the pool for 6 or 7 hours.
12 hours after peaking i was still VERY high.

like "don't leave your house" high at twelve hours.

feel rather jangly and shaky as it's coming off.
it's like the caapi left and took my soothed nerves with it.

effects from this combo were easily a plus 3 but the way it was experienced was like it was only plus 2.
ironic, sure, but it's like there's a certain "grace" the caapi gives to high-intensity experiences.
i have found this "grace" with rue also. but caapi's alkaloids add something that rue will never be able to touch.
this is unmistakable.

this is hands-down on of the most breathtaking experiences to date. A+ for sure.
highly highly recommended.
but i nailed it because i was careful and consciencious. it could easily have been very uncomfortable for a VERY long time.

if you don't know your comfortable caapi dose, than don't take the mescaline until you've stabilized.
the last thing you want is too much caapi with mescaline lengthening it by 16 hours.
if you haven't tried your cactus powder, don't take it for the first time with caapi.
try the cactus powder one day and find the dose that really gets you there.
then cut the cactus dose in half or a little more than half.
remember datura seeds add intensity, so you don't need as much caapi or as much cactus.
start low, you can always add more next time.

peace and love,
dragon

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

azrael
#2 Posted : 7/29/2010 9:47:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice report, sounds like it was an excellent combination. Quite a long trip too, helping mescaline last longer Smile

I get the head/energy/vertigo (brainergy? :lolSmile rushes/flashes a few times a week (love 'em) and haven't tripped since the beginning of April. Sometimes they happen when I'm tired or in dream transitions. When I am drifting off to sleep and they start I can almost induce/control them.

How would you characterize the visuals at various stages of the trip? What about the mental aspects? Did you have the fuzzy day-after of mescaline; how long did it last? Inquiring minds want to know Smile

dragon-n
#3 Posted : 7/29/2010 8:20:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

azrael wrote:

How would you characterize the visuals at various stages of the trip? What about the mental aspects? Did you have the fuzzy day-after of mescaline; how long did it last? Inquiring minds want to know Smile

i should be noted that all my experiences are usually visually bland. not that i never get impressive visuals, just that it seems i have to be really outrageously high to be getting intricate visual effects. by the time i'm this high though, i'm usually layed out with eyes closed paying more attention to my mental processes than my eyes' reaction to lights.
with that said, i could choose to go in and out of the visuals on the mescal aya.
when i first came up it was light out, so there were little visual effects.
since i was high for 16 hours it obviously got dark at some point though!!!
while staring at my ceiling in a dimly lit room, i became aware of swirling lights superimposing themselves onto the material. if i stared long enough the ceiling would disappear into a collective screen of light where "phantom shapes and forms" would appear. "phantom" meaning dream-like interpretations of things: that looks like a strange man, that looks like a forest....
it seemed like ayahuasca jungle visions supercharged with dazzling electric lights.
not mind-blowing, but unmistakable.
mental state was entirely sober and clear-headed, absolutely zero illusions, or "strangeness."

then again, i am very used to tripping. some may find it alarming....

the mescaline added a very strong empathegenic state.
the eloquent lucidity of mescaline's thought applied to interpersonal relationship issues
was a dazzling ride into my own psychology and those present.
mind seemed so clear as to be able to read the emotions of those present with great accuracy.
then again, i feel this while sober from deep meditation practice...it was merely expanded and perfected.

the next day, i did feel a little run down. not terribly so, but i didn't leave the house because of it.
i still felt kinda high. nerves felt a touch achy, as usual from an intense mescaline romp.
i was back to "normal" 2 days after, all that remained then was a sweet, light glow of revered rememberance.

not the most benign of combos, the phenethylamine energy was intense at times.
not uncomfortable though either, no body-load...just "intense."

i'm not sure if i answered questions or vaguely rambled about unrelated things!!! Wink

azrael
#4 Posted : 8/1/2010 3:41:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spot on, sounds great!

State of the Mind
#5 Posted : 4/14/2011 7:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried this combination yesterday. At the time, I was brewing a large batch of (Caapi only) Ayhuasca. I had the whole day free, so I thought this would be a great time to try mescaline for the first time. I had read up about how ingesting an MAOI before ingesting cacti can increase the effects of cacti by 2/3 fold.

At roughly 12/1 O'clock, I ingested around 30 grams worth of Caapi brew, at this dose, for me the effects of the Caapi were very mild. At t+1:00 18 grams of Trichocereus peruvianus was ground up and ingested with honey. (I find it aids ease ingestion dramatically).

At t+3:00 I was convinced, that there was no effect and that the dose had not been high enough. But soon enough, I started to have mild CEVs, also, there was a great elevation of mood and emotions. As the CEV visions became stronger, they also became much more meaningful. I would see the faces of friends and loved ones, evoking deep meaningful reflections upon my life. I found that I was able to recollect childhood memories vividly and much more accurately than I have ever been able to whilst sober. I was also amazed at how well the hallucinations could be channeled and controlled. It felt as though I had been gifted with a paintbrush to create works of art in my mind. I would have said that the peak, was around t+5:30.

I was also astounded at how clear headed I was at the same time. I could be hallucinating that my house was floating away above the clouds one moment and the next I could carrying out any everyday task, such as filtering Caapi tea. Razz

Also, later on a few friends came round and I found that connecting with people was so much easier. Detecting emotions and feelings was so much easier and I had some very deep and meaningful conversations with friends.

I was astounded how long the trip lasted. I found that at t+11:00 I was still hallucinating and struggled for 2 hours to get to sleep.

This is a nice combination, however the length of the experience is far to long IMO. I would not recommend anyone taking a full dose of Caapi, followed by cacti. I just think the trip would last an extremely long time and could get quite out of hand.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

dragon-n
#6 Posted : 4/16/2011 5:24:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

State of the Mind wrote:

I was astounded how long the trip lasted. I found that at t+11:00 I was still hallucinating and struggled for 2 hours to get to sleep.

This is a nice combination, however the length of the experience is far to long IMO. I would not recommend anyone taking a full dose of Caapi, followed by cacti. I just think the trip would last an extremely long time and could get quite out of hand.

indeed, those with "commitment issues" should stay well away!! Laughing

AluminumFoilRobots
#7 Posted : 4/18/2011 4:42:28 PM

gufyg

I have not heard of datura as an antiemetic before. I have considered using diphenhydramime or dimenhydrinate for nausea, but the inclusion of a synthetic anticholinergic to the hoasca seemed unwholesome. I would be less averse to using a nightshade, however.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Seraph
#8 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:25:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragon-n wrote:
we are not trying to recreate MDMA here, but ecstasy comes in many forms.

This is true in more ways than one. Laughing

dragon-n
#9 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
I have not heard of datura as an antiemetic before. I have considered using diphenhydramime or dimenhydrinate for nausea, but the inclusion of a synthetic anticholinergic to the hoasca seemed unwholesome. I would be less averse to using a nightshade, however.

Don't even get my started on mainstream American "medicines" like the ones you mentioned and their whole slew of toxic associates.
3 Datura Stramonium seeds should do the trick. even a little fresh ginger root (say, a tablespoon worth in capsules if you can't stand the taste). ginger has been tested against dramamine in scientific studies for sea-sickness, or something like that, and was found to be superior anyways. and i would say 3 datura seeds are FAR more effective than ginger.

but doctor's won't use ginger or any other whole food, no matter how effective, cos they can't make money off it. this is fact.

they actually used to isolate scopolamine (from datura) and use it as an over-the-counter tummy-settler until old ladies started taking too much and talking to parallel-dimentional beings on boat rides!! no joke...Laughing
keep in mind that iatrogenic disease (DOCTOR-INDUCED-DEATH through drugs, malpractice, etc.) is the number ONE killer in america (topping even heart-disease and cancer by a clean sweep) and you would then be wise to not take a single drug they tell you to!!

research it if you doubt that. Cool

i'm done ranting now....Wink

State of the Mind
#10 Posted : 4/26/2011 8:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is an interesting article, detailing the possible risk of mixing an MAOI with mescaline.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3089

I would love to experiment with this again, but it worries me about the potential dangers ect.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

dragon-n
#11 Posted : 5/14/2011 6:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

State of the Mind wrote:
Here is an interesting article, detailing the possible risk of mixing an MAOI with mescaline.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3089

I would love to experiment with this again, but it worries me about the potential dangers ect.

mixing reversible plant-based MAOI's with pure mescaline should not cause any complications whatsoever granted that reasonable doses are taken. mixing it with whole cacti, as the article was saying, might require more caution but still should not be an issue. Rue and Caapi do not inhibit the enzyme sub-type that processes tyramine so regardless of the tyramine content you should be okay. all of this talk would be nothing without actual human experiences and, being ultra-sensitive myself, i still only experienced negative effects from whole cactus and rue when the psychoactive effects were too much for me....i.e. it would have been uncomfortable anyways with or without the rue. besides the caapi/mescaline combo i reported in this article, i have taken rue plus whole pedro a dozen times without any ill-effect and rue plus bridgesii once. the rue with bridgesii was so uncomfortable i thought surely it was a tyramine issue, then i took a little more than half the dose without rue and it was still super uncomfortable!!!! bridgesii's a whole different thing than pedro/torch though....it's definitely in it's own category. not mescaline-like at all, for me.
this path is not for the weak-willed!!!! Laughing

biopsylo
#12 Posted : 5/15/2011 3:47:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice, thanks for sharing your experience with this combination. what are your thoughts on using caapi extract instead of brew?

PsilocybeChild
#13 Posted : 5/17/2011 2:09:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you're back!!!
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

dragon-n
#14 Posted : 5/18/2011 8:14:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

biopsylo wrote:
very nice, thanks for sharing your experience with this combination. what are your thoughts on using caapi extract instead of brew?

it will certainly "do the trick" but the spirit will always be compromised when isolating the alkaloids!!!
not that it's entirely a bad thing, necessarily, since the spirit of caapi is usually always accompanied by her mistress, NASEA!
another benefit to pure alkaloids is that the experience is always felt more "cleanly" in the brain rather than overly-somatically as can sometimes happen when the body reacts to ALL the things in the brew, not just the active goodies.
still, there's something about a whole plant brew that just can't be mimicked, or so a proper purist would tell you!
either way, the process is the same, start with the caapi until you're feelin' pretty mellow and good and dose 1/3 to 1/2 of a KNOWN dose of mescaline (or whole cactus). KNOWN DOSE!!!
it can get heavy...Confused ...best keep it in the shallow end until you're sure you're body chemistry favors your clever little expedition.