We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will extraced DMT degrade if kept in air tight vial, cool dry place? Options

InnerDarkness
#1 Posted : 7/28/2010 12:02:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've extracted quite a bit of some high grade DMT through a tek using lye, naptha etc.

I was told that if extracted and kept in an air tight vial in a cool, dark & dry place that this stuff will last for years.

Then over on the shroomery, someone said this stuff degrades after only a few months?!

So what is the real deal, will this stuff keep for years if in a air tight vial in a cool dry dark place?

It better or I'm going to be pissed.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 7/28/2010 12:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some that is over 7 months old, kept in a glass container with plastic screw-top in a drawer and it seems perfectly fine. If you are worried about very long-term storage you should look into converting it to a fumarate salt and the shelf life will be much better than that of freebase.
D × V × F > R

InnerDarkness
#3 Posted : 7/28/2010 12:30:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
I have some that is over 7 months old, kept in a glass container with plastic screw-top in a drawer and it seems perfectly fine. If you are worried about very long-term storage you should look into converting it to a fumarate salt and the shelf life will be much better than that of freebase.

Hmm. can you point me in a direction that explains turning what I have (I guess its freebase?) into a fumarate salt?

I thought what I had was considered a "salt"... how much more pure can these crystals get?

d*l*b
#4 Posted : 7/28/2010 1:40:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing
#5 Posted : 7/28/2010 2:36:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive also kept it in a vial in a cool dark place for a few months with no change. Some say freezer helps.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Saidin
#6 Posted : 7/28/2010 4:21:02 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

I have some purified crystals which I put in a vial and have stored in a drawer (dark, dry, room temerpature) for over a year. I just took it out the other day and the crystals look just as they did when I put them in there a year ago. Tested them out and no percieveable loss in potency during that time.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Psilocin Dreams
#7 Posted : 7/28/2010 5:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive seen it stored in a clear vial with a skrew on top. Only changes ive noticed was some oxidation. But for me thats fine, ive found N-DMT-Oxide to be a smoother, longer lasting, just as vivid trip as pure n-n-DMT. From what i have gathered as long as your container stays in a cool place AWAY from UV lighting and air tight you should have no problem with storage. However i have read that the MHRB if preground will degrade over a short period of time.

gammagore
#8 Posted : 7/28/2010 8:40:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebase in an airtight container in the freezer should last a couple of years with very little loss of petency, even in an amber vial in your drawer will last for atleast 6months with very little "loss" in potency. But hey, some people actualy prefer the n-oxide. Im sure there is an n-oxide to nn conversion somwhere here. Else follow the links d*l*b posted on converting to fumarate.

Oh ya, d*l*b, that wiki link is bust.

gibran2
#9 Posted : 7/28/2010 10:38:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Do you think freebase will remain intact indefinitely in a freezer? Let’s say someone has enough to last for MANY years. I’ve been thinking it might make sense to convert to a fumarate.

Here’s what I hypothetically imagine someone could do:

Dissolve an excess of fumaric acid in warm distilled water (6g fumaric acid per 10g DMT freebase), then add the freebase and stir until dissolved. Evaporate and you’re left with DMT fumarate plus excess fumaric acid.

When needed as freebase, dissolve in water, basify and extract with a non-polar solvent.

Does this sound reasonable?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

InnerDarkness
#10 Posted : 8/6/2010 5:11:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Psilocin Dreams wrote:
However i have read that the MHRB if preground will degrade over a short period of time.

I was told this buy the ebayer who sold it to me that this will happen to the pre-ground.

I dont have it in an amber vial, but in a clear one in the absolute dark.

Here's the thing, I almost prefer it as a freebase since you can easily smoke it (even though its fucking terrible) and it kicks in instantly and you only need a little pinch.

With the fumarate, you cant smoke it can you? And you need many more mg's for an active dose for however you would take it dont you?

Ice House
#11 Posted : 8/6/2010 5:27:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

gibran2 wrote:

Here’s what I hypothetically imagine someone could do:

Dissolve an excess of fumaric acid in warm distilled water (6g fumaric acid per 10g DMT freebase), then add the freebase and stir until dissolved. Evaporate and you’re left with DMT fumarate plus excess fumaric acid.

When needed as freebase, dissolve in water, basify and extract with a non-polar solvent.

Does this sound reasonable?

Stored as a fumarate, when you need as a freebase you do not need to basify and extract with a non polar solvent. You do the :10 minute conversion tek with Sodium Carbonate. simple.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

limoseen
#12 Posted : 8/18/2010 8:54:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would it be worth storing the spice with a bag of silica gel... SWIM has found that this keeps his mushies good for years.

gammagore
#13 Posted : 8/18/2010 8:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ Yip that works just fine.

gibran2
#14 Posted : 8/18/2010 8:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

limoseen wrote:
Would it be worth storing the spice with a bag of silica gel... SWIM has found that this keeps his mushies good for years.

Silica gel absorbs moisture – water. Even better would be to place a few packets of “oxygen absorber” in an airtight container with the spice. The oxygen absorber will remove virtually all of the oxygen from the container.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.