We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
The :10 minute Tek - Fumarate to Freebase Conversion Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 7/27/2010 6:35:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I decided to post this new tek in a new posting because I didnt want there to be any confusion as to what the correct procedure was for this tek.

Just a little disclaimer here before I post this.

I have no chem background I have only about a dozen extractions under my belt over the past 30 months. I have a very basic knowldge as to how or why this Tek works, and I cant explain it in any understandable detail. The first time I did this tek it was purely by accident, for info on that accident read This Posting.

If anyone would like to rename this tek or give a better explanation as to how or why it works feel free to hijack this thread or make a new one regarding this matter. If anyone can help refine this tek please feel free and help me. I gave it the name the :10 minute tek for now.

I DiD duplicate this tek today. The process is outlined below. I am not claiming that this is THE way to do it. I am claiming that if you follow this tek it will convert DMT Fumarate into useable freebase in as little as :10 minutes. I imagine that this tek can be and should be simplified, ie the ammount of sodium carbonate used, IMHO can be lessened. For reasons of my own I tried to keep the procedure as close to the original process as possible in order to be successfull.

First I dissolved 4.1 grams of DMT Fumarate into 25ml of near boiling water, This was done in a 1 pint mason jar with a tight sealing lid.

I then dissolved 30grams of Sodium Carbonate into 100ml of near boiling water, I did this in a graduated beaker.

Next I slowly added the Sodium Carbonate/H2O solution into the DMT fumarate solution, normal clouding will occure. I poured the 100ml solution in over the course of about a minute.

Once the two solutions are combined I put the lid on the 1 pint mason jar and shake vigorously for about ::20 seconds. If you open the jar now you can already see the little blobs of freebase DMT starting to surface and combine.

At this point I add 75ml of room temp H2O into the solution. Put the lid on the jar and shake again for ::20 seconds.

Put the jar in the freezer.

Within :05 minute you should have a golden honey like layer forming on the top of your solution. This layer is your freebase spice. As this layer cools it will solidify.

When you are satisfied with the consistency of your freebase spice you have one of two options here.

First you may remove the freebase and wash it with warm H2O in a seperate container, this is to remove any residual Sodium Carbonate that may be on the freebase spice.

Or

You may simply add clean cold water to your jar to slowly dillute the Sodium Carbonate mix and allow any trapped spice to harden up and make its way to the surface. Continue to add this clean cold water until it flushes all of the sodium carbonate out of the solution and you are left with your freebase spice. ATTENTION! If you choose this method make sure you have a way to capture and remove your freebase spice as it comes to the surface.

Air dry your freebase DMT on a small plate and then infuse your favorite herb or vape it straight up.

below are some attached pictures of the process a descriptions of the photos.

Pic a is the 4.1grm of full spectrum jungle spice (fumarate) extracted via the BLAB.
Pic b the dissolved solutions of, (left) DMT/H2O and (right) super saturated Sodium Carbonate/H2O. Center is the jar of Sodium Carbonate I used.
Pic c is a pic of the clouded combined solution after the first shake. See the honey layer begining to form out of the cloudy solution.
Pic d is the solution after the 75ml of room temp water is added. The freebase layer is now starting to combine well.
Pic e is in the freezer after about :05 minutes.
Ice House attached the following image(s):
a.jpg (767kb) downloaded 1,508 time(s).
b.jpg (612kb) downloaded 1,510 time(s).
c.jpg (644kb) downloaded 1,507 time(s).
d.jpg (652kb) downloaded 1,505 time(s).
e.jpg (661kb) downloaded 1,512 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ice House
#2 Posted : 7/27/2010 6:55:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pics f&G are blurry I know. What it shows is the Sodium Carbonate beginning to crystalzie in the jar.
Pic h is the freebase spice after :07 minutes. Ready to rinse with cold H20
Pic i is the first weigh in. 2.8 grams. Some of the yeild was lost, as is normal with this type of conversion. I believe, will still recover about another .5 gram before this is done.

f.jpg (658kb) downloaded 1,500 time(s).
g.jpg (692kb) downloaded 1,498 time(s).
h.jpg (673kb) downloaded 1,496 time(s).
i.jpg (2,309kb) downloaded 1,494 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ice House
#3 Posted : 7/27/2010 7:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just adding a couple more pics as I go along, hoping to give a clear description of the process and what happens when this tek is done.

Pics j&k are pics of the Sodium Carbonate crystals at the bottom of the jar.

as you can also see, there is a nice ring around the jar of freebase spice. i will collect that up and provide a final tally of how much spice was retreived using this conversion tek.
j.jpg (760kb) downloaded 1,484 time(s).
k.jpg (608kb) downloaded 1,478 time(s).

gammagore
#4 Posted : 7/27/2010 11:45:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, il be giving this a try soonSmile

Thanks for the write up.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 7/28/2010 5:53:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Awesome, il be giving this a try soonSmile

Thanks for the write up.

Thanks gamagore, I cant wait to hear what your results are.

I am very interested in refining this tek. I think it will work fine with less Sodium Carbonate. I'm just not sure how much less.

Ice House
#6 Posted : 7/28/2010 4:48:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is the final yeild from this conversion.

started with 4.1 finished with 3.5

I find that to be pretty acceptable losses for a fumarate to freebase conversion.

not bad.
l.jpg (688kb) downloaded 1,431 time(s).

q21q21
#7 Posted : 7/28/2010 8:29:22 PM

SWIM

That's really amazing. Great work!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Madcap
#8 Posted : 7/29/2010 3:22:06 AM

illudium Q-36

Thats pretty cool. It really blows me away because seriously, with the exception of the water temp and violent shaking, I dreamt the same procedure last time I dreamt of having an amount of fumarate to convert. I actually thought the yellow layer was a slight bit of D-limo residue from the fumarates that had absorbed all the dmt as it became freebase. I was waiting for xtals to form in the solution and was bummed thinking the yellow layer was just going to be more work to clean up and get the spice out. I sucked it out dissolved it in acetone and when I evaped it was a very good amount as well.

It seems the yellow layer held a significant majority of the spice. I think the remaining sodium carb water will be thrown in to the next extraction in case there is spice remaining.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Ice House
#9 Posted : 7/29/2010 5:27:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcapv2 wrote:
I actually thought the yellow layer was a slight bit of D-limo residue from the fumarates that had absorbed all the dmt as it became freebase.

I thought that also first time around. That yellow layer is full spectrum freebase spice. I read about many people having difficulties with this. Many beginners expect it to harden or precip into a sparkly crystally final product.

big crystals are not going to happen going the BLAB via d-limo with a sodium carbonate fumarate to freebase conversion. Its jut not going to happen. You have a full spectrum product that is good, or, IMHO better than big shard spice. Full spectrum spice is always going to be a little more of a honey color and at times of a honey consistency.

IMO some have put themselves in a situation where they are attempting to clean up and convert a finished product and they dont realize it.

Converting Fumarates was never so easy as the :10 min Tek

Its only going to get easier once the correct ammount of Sodium Carbonate is figured out. I think I'm using way more than is necessary.

Otiliya
#10 Posted : 8/2/2010 3:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still don't understand the principle behind this method. Is it the change in temperature that causes it to clump up together on top quick, or is it the supersaturation with NaCO3? Can Infundibulum, ron, benzyme or someone with good chem understanding try to explain this?

Also, there was 4.1g of fumarate, final theoretical yield of freebase would've been roughly about 3.13g (1 to 1.31 fb to fumarate ratio)

did you tare the scales accurately? Cuz that's some extra free spiceSurprised Definitely worth a try.

Ice House
#11 Posted : 8/2/2010 6:05:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Otiliya wrote:
I still don't understand the principle behind this method. Is it the change in temperature that causes it to clump up together on top quick, or is it the supersaturation with NaCO3? Can Infundibulum, ron, benzyme or someone with good chem understanding try to explain this?

I believe, IMHO, that it has to do with the super saturation of the solution. This super saturation is achieved through the temperature of the solution? Yes, no, maybe? The Temp does allow the spice to dissolve in minimal water. Hmmmmmmmm..... It would be nice if someone who knows more than I do about chemistry could answer this. I would like to think that this tek can be done with allot less Sodium Carbonate.

Quote:
Also, there was 4.1g of fumarate, final theoretical yield of freebase would've been roughly about 3.13g (1 to 1.31 fb to fumarate ratio)

did you tare the scales accurately? Cuz that's some extra free spice Definitely worth a try.

I did tare the scale correctly and it is accurate. I did double check it on a .001 scale and it weighed the roughly the same there, specifically the ammount of loss or the FB to fumarate ratio remained the same.

The Tek needs some work or refinement by someone who really knows what they are doing, for sure. I have done this twice now and it absolutely works. It works great.

I'm thinking about doing it again this week using just 1gram of spice and cutting the ammount of Sodium Carbonate way down.

I'll keep you posted.

corpus callosum
#12 Posted : 8/2/2010 6:34:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

IHS- Thankyou for a tek which does what it says on the tin!Very happy

One question-how crucial do you feel it is to wash the FB to rid it of any sodium carbonate?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Ice House
#13 Posted : 8/2/2010 4:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
IHS- Thankyou for a tek which does what it says on the tin!Very happy

One question-how crucial do you feel it is to wash the FB to rid it of any sodium carbonate?

I just did a very simple light cold water rinse, thats it.

I have done a few extracts in the past and this end product is no different. I have vaped it in powder form and I have made changa with it. I taste no difference. There is no leftover residue. It doesnt require a higher temp to vape it.

To answer your question, I dont think it is crucial. Anything beyond a quick 5 second rinse is overkill.

Madcap
#14 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:07:01 AM

illudium Q-36

When I did this tek... er something like this tek, I smelled a little d-limo on the finished product. I put a pinch of sodium carb in some water and dumped my mostly dry freebase spice (from a procedure really close to this tek) into it.

I swished it around for a bit, then decanted off the slightly basic water and allowed the spice to dry. It now smells just like it should with no d-limo.

I did weigh the d-limo smelling freebase before rinsing it and there was only a couple milligrams difference when I weighed the final dried non d-limo smelling product. I figure that this could be from the product being more dry after the rinsing. I am not sure that it was totally dry before I did the rinsing.

I will be honest here. I thought what I was doing was a sodium carb wash. I know now that was wrong...I have never done a regular sodium carb wash before....even after a few extractions. I had not even read how to do it, I just always re-x'd a couple times with heptane so I figured I did not need it. When I checked the wiki I felt like a (lucky) dumbass

I thought that because I made the water slightly basic, none of my freebase would dissolve..and it didn't. It did get rid of the d-limo smell though so I thought I would share it in case anyone else smells the fresh scent of oranges on their goodies.

Madcap
#15 Posted : 8/4/2010 3:11:12 AM

illudium Q-36

Also I evapped the sodium carb water left over from the initial freebasing. The jar looks like its just sodium carb.....but it smells like some spice got left behind. I will pull with acetone and see what comes up.

The leftover water from the rinsing was evapped and only sodium carb residue was left. (as far as I can tell)

curious1
#16 Posted : 8/5/2010 10:38:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'ATTENTION! If you choose this method make sure you have a way to capture and remove your freebase spice as it comes to the surface.'

a curious yet ignorant fellow asks how you acheived this...Thanks!
Love

Ice House
#17 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:28:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

curious1 wrote:
'ATTENTION! If you choose this method make sure you have a way to capture and remove your freebase spice as it comes to the surface.'

a curious yet ignorant fellow asks how you acheived this...Thanks!

Its actually pretty easy. The more you cool it the harder it gets. The majority of it will harden into a solid piece of freebase spice.

Once you see the bulk of it floating on the surface, you could simply drop a piece of ice in it to speed this process up.

It worked for me.

curious1
#18 Posted : 8/6/2010 9:32:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you...
Love

endlessness
#19 Posted : 8/6/2010 6:53:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I added this to the WIKI, making a new Fumarates to Freebase conversion TEK page including the 3 available methods.

Ice House Shaman wrote:

big crystals are not going to happen going the BLAB via d-limo with a sodium carbonate fumarate to freebase conversion. Its jut not going to happen. You have a full spectrum product that is good, or, IMHO better than big shard spice. Full spectrum spice is always going to be a little more of a honey color and at times of a honey consistency.

This is not true. You can definitely get pure white crystals with converting fumarates to freebase, except it is not done in 10 minutes, because you need to let it crystallize over a few days in the fridge, as the method type 1 in the conversion WIKI shows. Its just as easy as this way except you need to be patient to let it in the fridge instead of shaking Smile

By the way Ice House Shaman, one thing I still dont understand is why do you add the fresh water after the freebase has precipitated? This doesnt make sense to me, if the whole thing is already precipitated.. ? and in the case someone has n-oxide in their alkaloids, there will be a bigger yield lost because n-oxides are more water soluble. I know with yours the converted yield was great though. Actually the converted yield is even weird, as Otiliya said, the final yield should have been at most 3.13g or so, 3,5 chemically doesnt make sense, which makes me thing that there might be some sodium carbonate or other impurity mixed in. But considering the impurities are inert and foodsafe, and if you dont notice diminished potency, I guess one can only be happy, right? Smile

Ice House
#20 Posted : 8/6/2010 10:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

By the way Ice House Shaman, one thing I still dont understand is why do you add the fresh water after the freebase has precipitated? This doesnt make sense to me, if the whole thing is already precipitated.. ? and in the case someone has n-oxide in their alkaloids, there will be a bigger yield lost because n-oxides are more water soluble. I know with yours the converted yield was great though. Actually the converted yield is even weird, as Otiliya said, the final yield should have been at most 3.13g or so, 3,5 chemically doesnt make sense, which makes me thing that there might be some sodium carbonate or other impurity mixed in. But considering the impurities are inert and foodsafe, and if you dont notice diminished potency, I guess one can only be happy, right? Smile

The reason I added the fresh water was simply to wash away any excess sodium carbonate from the freebase floating in the solution.

I'm not sure what to say about the yeild except that, both the scales I used are pretty darn accurate and have never failed me before and I am pretty sure that there isnt any excess sodium carbonate in the DMT freebase. I took a oportunity to vape some in a glass oil or meth pipe. I am not seeing any residue left behind that would lead me to believe there is excess sodium carbonate in it. If I'm not mistaken, I thought, the vaporization temp of sodium carbonate was higher than freebase DMT, leading me to believe if I did have left over sodium carbonate it should turn up when vaping the freebase away.

I would like to mention here that I am not a chemist and have no chemistry background. What I know I have learned here on the Nexus.

I discovered that this conversion works, purely by accident.

I dont even really know exactly why it works. It whould be nice if one of the chems here on the nexus could explain that. I dont know if it works because of the temps, because of the excess sodium carbonate used, or both.

endlessness thanks for setting me straight on crystal building when converting fumarates to freebase. I'll have to learn to be more patient and try that some time. I do have a question though- When you let the crystals form over a few days in the fridge is the end product still full spectrum spice or is it a more pure or refined dmt?

123NEXT