We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cielo/Yellow? Options

soulfood
#1 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:04:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm confused.

From what I have read on the good ol' nexus, Yellow caapi is a good vine to use for initiations and Cielo is a very potent, not to be toyed with kind of vine.

Why is it that some info sources and online vendors call them one and the same yellow/cielo/sky ayahuasca?

Have they got this all wrong, or is it not so cut and dry as it seems?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lonewolf123
#2 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive only tried the the vine once, and it was 50g of cielo. So I dont know what the difference is, but I had a very nice experience with it. I couldnt move, if I tried I would feel sick. But if I just layed down and relaxed I felt great and had some nice visions too.

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soulfood, as long as you aren't getting vine from somewhere completely sketchy (ugghh... it does happen), that's GENERALLY the rule of thumb. Yellow vine provides a very balanced experience, though it can get quite strong, so don't underestimate it as a walk in the park. Your experience will not be LESS, it will be BALANCED: body load, visuals, mental taxation, length of journey, taste, harshness on the body, etc.

Cielo... I basically had a few drops in my mouth, and it was so bitter (smells COMPLETELY different when cooking, like bitter almonds), that I literally COULD NOT take the shot.

I purged violently through my nose and voyaged for about five hours, with visions so powerful it made me question the purpose of adding DMT to a brew at all. I was shown a tree, and told that I was not ready to learn the secrets that Cielo protects.

That was a year ago.

Recently, I got my hands on some more. Cooked it... haven't gone down the rabbit hole yet.

My personal favorite is white vine. The bodyload is less and it's very psychedelic.

Black vine feels like more of a body trip.

Red vine is good for healing.

Bali is much like white, but smells like Christmas cookies while it's cooking. Mmmm. Snickerdoodles.

That being said, there is much to be told about the smell of the vine while it's cooking. You will know if you have the kick-your-ass Cielo... you will smell it. There will be no doubt in your mind. Especially when you reduce.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

soulfood
#4 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Cheers for that Ms Minxx!

You are indeed a highly trusted authority on such matters. I've been working only with the white so far and that seems to match your description perfectly. I guess I'm looking for the more classic rounded ayahuasca experience and that's what's lead me to thinking about yellow.

I sure won't be touching the cielo for a while though Smile I'm not sure if I'm ready for a full on paralysis just yet.

lonewolf123
#5 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:41:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

manic, how many grams was that with the cielo?

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:43:55 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Out of curiosity, Ms. Minxx, how would you say Ourinhos compares to yellow or cielo? In my experience it seems very similar to yellow (maybe a tad more potent?), but I've only had yellow twice and worked much more extensively with the Ourinhos.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 7/25/2010 5:46:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ourinhos is very similar to yellow! Ironically, I've had more yellow than Ourinhos. The purge with yellow, for me, is a bit harder. One other random and interesting thing about yellow is that I have done ceremonies in candlelight... I tend to usually prefer the dark, otherwise.

The Cielo was no more than 20-30g, possibly less. I think I spat some of it out. The taste was SOOO incredibly overpowering, but I felt it from the start of cooking. I literally had full-color visions, with eyes opened and closed, saw images of the body with energy maps and strange characters in photographic detail on the ground, and traveled to the rainforest (only to be told I was unworthy Razz ). Can't imagine what it would have been like with admixture. The sad thing is, I only had a very small amount to sample and drank 3 times. I was completely out of control every time. The medicine moved my body. All I could do was make a calculated guess about where to put the bucket before beginning.

The Cielo I have now was also from fresh vine... so I will DEFINITELY post intense accounts when I take the plunge (sometime this week most likely!). It's interesting, because I've tried so hard to find it again after the first time, but it was nowhere to be found. I think it has to find you...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

fraterS.O.L.
#8 Posted : 9/15/2010 10:51:53 PM

Bill Nye

ms_manic is cielo really that rare? I recently ordered some from an ecrater vendor that said it was cielo. It was one of the first pages to pop up on google shopping. I was unaware it was so potent. If it is so rare like you say, is it likely this is true cielo and not yellow in cielos clothing so to speak?
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

ouro
#9 Posted : 9/16/2010 12:53:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

report: ~40 grams so called "cielo/yellow" vine from BS brewed over many hours and ingested after fasting for a mere 6 hours had very mild effects. The brew smelled quite nicely like butter and mild spices, and the taste was not so bad.

I suspect the after the name "cielo" got hyped up the vendors took advantage.

EDIT: forgot to mention a most psychadelic piss was taken after waking up in the middle of the night... it is possible I slept through a lot of the experience, but I doubt this brew was the infamous "cielo."

fraterS.O.L.
#10 Posted : 9/16/2010 2:02:13 AM

Bill Nye

Thats what I was thinking too. I doubt a strain of such potency as described would so readily pop up on a google search. But you never know so I will be sure to report when it comes in. I had planned on using it for changa as the first 3 times I attempted the aya experience it didn't do much but give me the harmala high and nausea. After reading some here on the aya forums I'm ready to give it another go. Thank you to everyone here for the renewed intrest and hope for this sacred brew!
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.