We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Tiny machine like men in our world Options

mjmiller28
#1 Posted : 7/22/2010 7:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello again! I wanted to tell you all about another experience that I had with the spice. I was at a music festival a couple weeks ago with some friends and decided I was going to try and find some spice. When the mission was accomplished, I waited till the end of the music and went back to my camping spot. I was already on L and very excited to see what the outcome would be.

I sat back in my chair with my friends all around and started. After my second rip, the clouds opened up and it started pouring, pretty neat I thought. On my third rip, with eyes still open, my friends disappeared and the entire world went black. All I could see were geometrical shapes floating in the air wherever I looked. When the blackness lifted all i could see was our campfire. I felt like I was about 30 feet back of where I actually was. It didn't look like our fire though! It was glowing in a strange way, then I noticed that there were probably 20 tiny, maybe a couple inches tall, machine like men in the fire. They were working their machine like arms keeping the fire alive. They were the reason the fire was going, not because wood was burning but because they were working their little butts off to keep it going. I watched them work until the vision faded away and I was back in the physical world.

A truly remarkable experience for me! Never have I had the spice have this kind of effect with my eyes still open.

Just curious, has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks everyone!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

stevowitz
#2 Posted : 7/22/2010 8:08:03 PM

The Dude

I've never experienced anything like that. But I've never looked at a fire either(something I'll have to try)

I really enjoyed your report though! thank you :]
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

TrustLoveMan
#3 Posted : 7/22/2010 9:34:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Candles are epic with oev's.Cool
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

universecannon
#4 Posted : 7/22/2010 9:36:24 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

lolLaughing

its amazing to think that people have probably been looking into fires and seeing things for thousands upon thousands of years

i used to smoke cannabis at a fire quite often and sort of zone out staring at the coals until it was like i could make out other things from these flickering shapes. hard to explain really, it happens with cannabis where its like a different way of seeing things within other thigns. it would usually be a myraid of cartoonish green "grey" aliens that stood still with only their mouths moving..they were dressed up in human clothes and mimicking all sorts of human activities like holding a breifcase, drinking a slurpy, wearin sunglasses, hats, talking on the phone ect. wierd world we live in Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Global
#5 Posted : 7/23/2010 3:40:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It's interesting that your experience for you was so powerful in the presence of rain given this article

http://www.erowid.org/li...guide/water-spirit.shtml

In sum, the article theorizes that DMT use in the presence of large amounts of water corrolates to serenely strong experiences, possibly due to the moisture in the air preventing the DMT from wasting as much from the flame, but he goes into other possibilities as well.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Phantastica
#6 Posted : 7/23/2010 8:50:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
It's interesting that your experience for you was so powerful in the presence of rain given this article

http://www.erowid.org/li...guide/water-spirit.shtml

In sum, the article theorizes that DMT use in the presence of large amounts of water corrolates to serenely strong experiences, possibly due to the moisture in the air preventing the DMT from wasting as much from the flame, but he goes into other possibilities as well.

yea i remember reading this from DM Turner's book a long time ago. Its really interesting indeed. He points out that experiences associated with water lead to serene experiences; while experiences associated with drought (like in a desert) result in "negative" experiences.
I would be very interested in hearing people's opinion on this. Has anyone experienced these effects associated with wetness/dryness of the environment?
(Hope i'm not derailing the thread. I think the rain had an impact on mjmiller's trip, but would like to compare other people's experiences in similar/opposing settings)
<3

mjmiller28
#7 Posted : 7/23/2010 11:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

(Hope i'm not derailing the thread. I think the rain had an impact on mjmiller's trip, but would like to compare other people's experiences in similar/opposing settings)

Phantastica- By all means, take it any direction u want. That is why I post this stuff. I know that I do not know anything...lol. I am very curious to hear what everyone has to say. Great thoughts everyone, keep em coming.

mjmiller28
#8 Posted : 7/23/2010 11:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also kind of off topic, but I feel that the reason I have had so many great experiences with psychedelics is that I have a sense of calmness and understanding of who I am. The things that I experiment with do not have an effect on who I am, although it can show me a better way to be me. This has led to great peace in my life and the ability to look fear in the eye and laugh at it. Fear is in everyone, including me, some of us just understand that fear is what is holding back most people from experiencing what this life has to offer. It is frustrating some times, I am currently trying to show my friends and the people that I come in contact with that the fear can be defeated and when it is, the world is opened up to you in ways never imaginable. I see people differently now. I can see through them, look at someone and feel their pain, see what they are going through, and know where they came from and what their intentions are. Once u can see peoples fears, you can appreciate them more. People need to stop being so wrapped up in themselves and open your eyes to the world and those around you. All people are beautiful and good some just hide it a little better than others. Don't be afraid to look everyone u come across in the eye and acknowledge them. It may be life changing!!!! Let go of the fear, and understand that nothing bad can happen.

gamorrah
#9 Posted : 7/23/2010 11:50:55 PM
wharf rat

mjmiller28 wrote:

Phantastica- By all means, take it any direction u want. That is why I post this stuff. I know that I do not know anything...lol. I am very curious to hear what everyone has to say. Great thoughts everyone, keep em coming.

my foaf has a home in the desert and on the ocean and has done spice for 20 years in all different types of places. In his experience it still comes down to your personal perception of the specific environment (set,setting), although less with DMT then perhaps shrooms/lsd/mesc. Im sure we have strong instinctual needs for water obviously that perhaps lives on as artifacts and ancestral memories.. As for the men in the fire, ive never seen that and I love staring into fires. Once in my foafs twenties he did dmt with shrooms/mdma on a boat off the coast of sea of cortez during a phosphorescent tide. He saw all kinds of men, fish, ships and fantastic shapes forming under the water, it was a shame he was too tripped to scuba dive that night, it would have been phenom.

gamorrah
#10 Posted : 7/23/2010 11:55:48 PM
wharf rat

mjmiller28 wrote:
Also kind of off topic, but I feel that the reason I have had so many great experiences with psychedelics is that I have a sense of calmness and understanding of who I am. The things that I experiment with do not have an effect on who I am, although it can show me a better way to be me. This has led to great peace in my life and the ability to look fear in the eye and laugh at it. Fear is in everyone, including me, some of us just understand that fear is what is holding back most people from experiencing what this life has to offer.

exactly

Quote:

It is frustrating some times, I am currently trying to show my friends and the people that I come in contact with that the fear can be defeated and when it is, the world is opened up to you in ways never imaginable. I see people differently now. I can see through them, look at someone and feel their pain, see what they are going through, and know where they came from and what their intentions are. Once u can see peoples fears, you can appreciate them more. People need to stop being so wrapped up in themselves and open your eyes to the world and those around you. All people are beautiful and good some just hide it a little better than others. Don't be afraid to look everyone u come across in the eye and acknowledge them. It may be life changing!!!! Let go of the fear, and understand that nothing bad can happen.

I agree to an extent in principle, but be careful making assumptions about people, its another trap that separates us as humans, its a natural tendency though. Also, be careful introducing people to these teachers, my foaf has shown some the magic and it has changed them for the better, some people just arent cut out for it though no matter how much YOU want them to be.. to each their own, everyone wants to be a guru and while we are all the same at some level, we are all different as well. I just try to love and honor my brother, what they do is on them..

mjmiller28
#11 Posted : 7/24/2010 12:21:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with you 100 % gamorrah. That is why it is frustrating. I cannot and do not want to force this stuff on anyone. I want them to see it for themselves. I make no assumptions about people, but I do have a knack for reading people. I can look around a room and know who I need to be wary of and who would not be open to our way of thinking. What I am saying is know who those people are, but know that they can do you no harm if you see who and what they are about. And know that there is a reason they are the way they are, and it all starts with the fear in their mind. The friends I speak of are the people closest to me, who got me interested in all of this stuff. I know it is a slow process for many, and I am happy waiting around for them. I do not want everyone seeing things my way, I want my friends seeing what they need to see to become better people, to me that is what all of this is about. Be better for your brother, friend, etc. Think of others and u will rewarded with happiness, in my case anyway.

Great conversation. I am interested in hearing more of your thoughts.

wade
#12 Posted : 7/24/2010 7:55:11 AM

wade

Space is living matter

cellux
#13 Posted : 7/24/2010 7:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mjmiller28 wrote:
Once u can see peoples fears, you can appreciate them more. People need to stop being so wrapped up in themselves and open your eyes to the world and those around you. All people are beautiful and good some just hide it a little better than others. Don't be afraid to look everyone u come across in the eye and acknowledge them. It may be life changing!!!!

There is a very interesting phenomenon associated with this...

Sometimes it happened that I saw the "true face" of a human being on psychedelics. This is the same face, the same person, as in everyday reality, but an idealized version of it, as if I saw them through some magic lenses which shows me what they will be / can become in the future.

The interesting thing is that when I came back from such trips, I sometimes remembered the idealized version of these people and I continued projecting this onto them while sober. I was talking to them and behaving with them as if they were already NOW those idealized versions, I was directly talking "through" the facades to the hidden being.

This usually caused a sort of strange ambivalence: their inner self started to move, triggered by the information sent to it on its own level, while the outer personality became kind of shocked: it registered what happened but could not really handle the fact that there may be a split personality inside. They liked it very much that I spoke to their true being, but at the same time were quite frightened and confused because it was too much in their present state. And this "stepping back" made me step back also, so I never deepened my investigation in this direction (even this direct communication felt like an invasion to a territory which is too intimate).

mjmiller28
#14 Posted : 7/24/2010 8:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well put Cellux!!! I have had a similar experience with one of my best friends. His confusion turned into anger, and I felt like I was invading his personal space, as you put it so well. It confused me and kind of hurt my feelings because this is someone I've known since I was a kid. I was telling him all of the good that I saw in him...and he reacted with fear and anger. Since that night I do not try to communicate with people about what I see, but I still see it. I guess I learned that I need to be aware of what I see in people, but leave it at that and use it as a means to understand those around me much better.

Hyperontosis
#15 Posted : 7/28/2010 5:57:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure they were working their butts off? Maybe they were just really digging the flames! Very happy

One thing is for sure, these "machine elves" sure are a consistent feature. I wonder if folks with no exposure to machines or elves would see the same thing, perhaps not calling it "machine elves" but still see the same things, calling it something else. I think that they would, but I'm not sure if this would be the case.
Everything I Post is TRUE in Some Important Sense, Whether or Not It Reflects a "True Story" in a Legal Sense

Hyperontosis
#16 Posted : 7/28/2010 6:00:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wade wrote:
Space is living matter

I tend to agree. It is not empty, and it is alive. When it accumulates form, that is one mode of its life, we call THAT matter, but that is the form of matter. When it moves, we call that life, but that is the VISIBLE form of life. Either way, how it feels on the inside is what qualifies it as life, and we can never say it isn't alive just like we can't ever say that because we don't directly experience each other's minds (conventionally, anyway) that therefore "I am the only mind there is".
Everything I Post is TRUE in Some Important Sense, Whether or Not It Reflects a "True Story" in a Legal Sense

physics envy
#17 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:10:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Cellux - my wife and I have both done similar things (talking to each others higher self). My wife is much more experienced and does this more frequently than I, and she can carry the ability around with her much of the time now. My assumption is we should all be able to do this all the time. But like many things...it's simple, but it's not easy.
Salvia quid enthusiast

Phantastica
#18 Posted : 7/30/2010 8:49:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cellux wrote:
mjmiller28 wrote:
Once u can see peoples fears, you can appreciate them more. People need to stop being so wrapped up in themselves and open your eyes to the world and those around you. All people are beautiful and good some just hide it a little better than others. Don't be afraid to look everyone u come across in the eye and acknowledge them. It may be life changing!!!!

There is a very interesting phenomenon associated with this...

Sometimes it happened that I saw the "true face" of a human being on psychedelics. This is the same face, the same person, as in everyday reality, but an idealized version of it, as if I saw them through some magic lenses which shows me what they will be / can become in the future.

The interesting thing is that when I came back from such trips, I sometimes remembered the idealized version of these people and I continued projecting this onto them while sober. I was talking to them and behaving with them as if they were already NOW those idealized versions, I was directly talking "through" the facades to the hidden being.

This usually caused a sort of strange ambivalence: their inner self started to move, triggered by the information sent to it on its own level, while the outer personality became kind of shocked: it registered what happened but could not really handle the fact that there may be a split personality inside. They liked it very much that I spoke to their true being, but at the same time were quite frightened and confused because it was too much in their present state. And this "stepping back" made me step back also, so I never deepened my investigation in this direction (even this direct communication felt like an invasion to a territory which is too intimate).

wow that really is very beautifully put cellux. I kinda know what you're talking about, about seeing right through people, and like mjmiller mentioned- seeing through their fears. But i have had only a glimpse of this "seeing through," in which one is able to glimpse another's inner self (and this doesn't have to include any physical talk; simply the presence is enough). This happened to me on 3.5g mushrooms, in which i was at a friend's house, and they were all in the "party mood;" however i wasn't at all due to my spiritual shroom trip. i just sat silently pretty much the entire time, because language had become so bizarre. So i just observed everybody's reactions in the room, and could see all the behaviors and acts they put up to "fit in," and could see through all kinds of different fears they held. At this point, an epipheny occured, and all of a sudden, i just stopped judging them ALTOGETHER. it was funny that their illusive fears are so real for them.

So cellux, mjmiller, and others, i would like to ask you guys this: on what psychedelics do you become most aware of other people's inner self? i ask because this sounds very healthy, mind expanding, and something thats worth experimenting with further

ps: i really the discussion taking place here. keep em coming fellasVery happy

<3

Global
#19 Posted : 7/30/2010 11:40:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Hyperontosis wrote:
Are you sure they were working their butts off? Maybe they were just really digging the flames! Very happy

One thing is for sure, these "machine elves" sure are a consistent feature. I wonder if folks with no exposure to machines or elves would see the same thing, perhaps not calling it "machine elves" but still see the same things, calling it something else. I think that they would, but I'm not sure if this would be the case.

Well, many in modern society who are unaware (or possibly even still aware) of the term "machine elves" often refer to them as aliens. Shamans in the amazon see them as their ancestors or deities. My guess is that people often see very similar images but due to cultural differences, label them different things. Also, I do not view spice as something that is "alive", and not just by our western biological standards of what constitutes something as alive. I believe that spice creates a modality shift in the brain, like a key. I don't think spice itself contains anything special or spiritual in and of itself.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Fractalyzed
#20 Posted : 7/30/2010 3:10:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mjmiller28 wrote:
I can see through them, look at someone and feel their pain, see what they are going through, and know where they came from and what their intentions are.

This sounds similar to Carlos Castaneda's 'The Teachings of Don Juan'. I havent had the chance to read the book yet, but i've read summaries that say part of it has to do with winning over fear so you can start truly SEEING instead of just LOOKING.

It's a topic of much interest to me, and i'd say i can read people pretty well, but not to such a great and profound extent. How did you come to start seeing through people, to truly accepting fear? How does one come to achieve this?

12NEXT