We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SALVATION 1 the salvia diaries Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 7/22/2010 7:20:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With all the trip reports appearing about the use of salvia divinorum, I thought I would share my first experiences, from 2 years ago. I cherish them, for in an indirect way they are what led me to DMT, and to who I am today.

I hope you enjoy them! Here's the first:

THE SALVIA DIARIES

Thursday, may 22, 2008

First time. Trepidatious to say the least after some in-depth on-line research. No sitter: intending only a small, short trip. Procured some 20x from Psychonaut (no 15x left…) that I loaded into a colourless glass bong, no more than a very small pinch from the grambag, caution being the side to err on. One deep hit from the few leaves and a mild strangeness settled in : the music, Peter Gabriel’s Passion, throbbed with the room that shifted itself and elongated, the legs of chairs tendrils that swayed with the slowness of salvia (felt like it was familiar, but also unknown…).

The effects were nevertheless relatively mild and fast eroding so, after waiting 5 minutes, I loaded up another only slightly larger collection of leaves in the bowl, and hit it. Same strangeness, a little pushed : the wooden floor planks curled up toward the topline of my vision, attaining mid-route under the pressure of great concentration before retreating.

Visuals were strong, but, like psiloscibyn, worked from the visual material available – not to suggest this was like a mushroom trip ; this was a distortion of shape, whereas the mushrooms are all about texture and colour and depth. Objects in the room were stretched and horned, and swayed, not shimmered - for lack of better terms. A gap between two planks on the floor became a crevice, then a deepening hole and finally a veritable ravine before I shifted my attention away. The leaves of the hibiscus before me glowed and shone like plastic, their leaves pointy and serrated and exhibiting the horns that seemed to peak everything in the room – the chairs, radio antennae, the stone table across in the kitchen…

The glass vase on the table suddenly grew taller, but unlike other visual distortions from other substances, seemed real and otherwise unaffected. I stared at it for a while, but it responded in no way – it had grown twice as tall and showed no signs of wishing to shrink to its original dimensions. So I let it be. My head felt pressured from the sides, but not uncomfortably so. This was close to the level I thought I would allow myself to get to, but once here, I wanted more! I loaded a third bowl, in my estimation no larger than the second, and drank in the current of smoke which I trapped for upwards of thirty seconds before exhaling.

Now - words will have to do, but they are likely as insufficient as a toddler’s attempt at describing differential calculus, and I find them lacking the way a desert wants for water. I receded. The music pulsed my departure as the planks of pine that were my floor glowed orange and reached up, curling over me and hiding the room, the knots mouths that gaped and folded in on themselves, repeatedly. It was all 2 dimensional, Charles m. Shultz like cartoon cutouts, uniformly coloured and etched with thick black borders. The planks kept rising over me, like the conveyor belt described by others on salvia, until it started folding into itself, over and over again, but somehow retaining its size and dimension. I was aware of my legs on the couch. The moment I became aware of them they folded into themselves and disappeared and the couch which was not a couch folded over and over until it became the folding planks and my field of view was entirely occupied by this strange, recursive, cartoon-plank-orange and endless belt of both mechanical and organic origins that somehow at once opened as if pushing, and closed and dragged me into its geometric maw - and i disappeared.

I was not I. Nor anyone else. Words fail again, to an exponential degree. I was frightened, but not frightened – but to employ I, the first person, does a disservice, because there was no I. This must be the much documented ego-death and it was exhilarating, terrifying, elucidating and confounding all at once – and these words are shadows of greater shadows that lose themselves in darknesses too vast to be called shadows.

I had no recollection of having smoked salvia, of the room I was in, of the history I considered my own, or who the subject of OWN could possibly be. I felt that whatever I had known to this point (if I could possibly have recalled) was not only an illusion but a fleeting speck in a timeline that stretched in all directions without having a beginning a middle or an end or a centre. I wanted it to be over, but I hadn’t the foggiest what that would mean. To where would I go? It was shortlived (and somehow eternal !?… ?!?) but for those moments I had utterly ceased. Then the room slowly reassembled, the dark borders flowing back into the horns of chairs and edges of planks that lost their orange shultz-glow and took their place back on the floor with the liquid slowness and non-pulsing throb that is salvia.

What WAS that ? Or, WHERE ? Or - what was I? Or all of these folded into an unutterable question…

Hehehe. how long ago.....Smile

JBArk

LINK TO PART 2
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 7/24/2010 1:36:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

You’ve touched on a lot of the “classic” salvia characteristics: not remembering that you’ve taken a drug, the curling, or rolling or folding of reality itself, the profound ego loss – loss of self-identity.

And then on return, wondering what just happened…

Nice report!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

State of the Mind
#3 Posted : 8/11/2010 12:03:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice trip report. I like your style of writing as well. One thing I find is that it is all ways an important thing to have a wide range of vocabulary when writing a trip report. Otherwise the phrase "words can't describe" comes up a lot. Laughing

The expirience sounded very deep and intense. Shocked How did you find it overall? Postive or negative?
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

jbark
#4 Posted : 8/31/2010 3:38:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

State of the Mind wrote:

The expirience sounded very deep and intense. Shocked How did you find it overall? Postive or negative?

Very difficult question to answer. Being hit by a truck can awaken you to living, as can a near death experience, a relatiionship breakup or a the death of a loved one - all very traumatic experiences. This particular salvia trip, and the ones to follow, definitely fall into the category of traumatic experiences; the negative is the immediate sense of the experience itself, the positive the perspective it forces upon you: all is not as it seems; you are a mere shadow of yourself; what you intuit, you know, without ever comprehending....

That's as close as i can come to an answer...

Cheers and thanks for reading along and making it real,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Bill Cipher
#5 Posted : 9/2/2010 1:01:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A smorgasbord of phantasmagorical madness, as per usual.

You're the man.

Mindlusion
#6 Posted : 9/2/2010 1:59:02 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Very nice report, You definitely got down some of the always strange features of salvia.

I also get that familiar, unknown deja vu feeling.

Sometimes, I end up racking my brain to try and figure out WHAT is so familiar, this sometimes leads me in the wrong direction.

Salvia is really something else. That utter STRANGENESS that always accompanies it. And the classic bending, and morphing of objects.

I don't know about you, but salvia also has this strange, wood feel to it.

One time, I felt like I was, and everything was, a log being split. Almost like every movement I made caused the universe to act as an axe. Spitting wood.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 9/2/2010 6:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. Great report, and very well written. I, too, would have to say that Salvia is what led me to discover DMT. I just wish my Salvia journal contained reports as well-written as these Pleased

jbark
#8 Posted : 9/4/2010 6:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindlusion wrote:

I don't know about you, but salvia also has this strange, wood feel to it.

One time, I felt like I was, and everything was, a log being split. Almost like every movement I made caused the universe to act as an axe. Spitting wood.

Not wood per se, but the cleaving, splitting and falling off or being pushed to one side are all recurring motifs for me. I have yet to experience being an object, but I hear this is quite common!!

thanks for reading.

JBArk

DeMenTed
#9 Posted : 3/2/2011 3:40:16 PM

Barry

Just about to experience it Smile i'll write a better comment post trip.

Metanoia
#10 Posted : 3/7/2011 2:48:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:

I have to ask, how was it? Smile

jbark
#11 Posted : 3/12/2011 1:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:

Ya - still waiting... Smile

Have you read the other 3 salvia diaries? Their links are at the bottom of each report. I am writing another to be posted soon, I hope...

JBArk

Mister_Niles
#12 Posted : 3/12/2011 3:28:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn. That was good. I hadn't read The Salvia Diaries before. The Basketball Diaries, The Yage Letters, Diary Of A wimpy Kid, but not these diaries. I'll read the rest. I have very little experience with salvia and most of those experiences have been centered around time traveling. No folding, but a sense of portals to choose from, leading to different realities or different periods of my childhood. I'm planning on buying a big bag of plain leaf soon. I have some 15x already. I want to try a slow ramp up experience and see if it is any less jarring. Not that I don't treasure the sudden chronoportation and the ego death, but I wonder if I can get more out of a slower immersion. And if that doesn't work, I'll have a bunch of plain leaf for extracts and changa.
Thanks for writing this. I always enjoy your reports. You have helped push me closer to a deeper exploration of salvia. I also like the fact that you were listening to Passion by Gabriel. It's just a granfaloon, but it makes me feel like I can relate to you better. Gabriel was always a go to with lsd for me. Esp. 3 and Security.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

SalviaDroid
#13 Posted : 11/17/2013 8:44:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I love your writings jBark! They keep me intrigued and wanting more. You're one of the best I've known to translate the Salvinorin experience into words. Words are such a limited palette, but you manage to incorporate all pertainable to describing it. It. Whatever "It" really is..

This will definitely serve as some inspiration for a Salvia relate drawing.. Perhaps we could do a collaboration in one of your next SALVIATION Diaries? You send me the writing before you post it and I draw a picture to try and give vision?

Keep up the great work brother, I look forward to reading the 3rd part! Safe Travels~

jbark
#14 Posted : 11/18/2013 3:53:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SalviaDroid wrote:
I love your writings jBark! They keep me intrigued and wanting more. You're one of the best I've known to translate the Salvinorin experience into words. Words are such a limited palette, but you manage to incorporate all pertainable to describing it. It. Whatever "It" really is..

This will definitely serve as some inspiration for a Salvia relate drawing.. Perhaps we could do a collaboration in one of your next SALVIATION Diaries? You send me the writing before you post it and I draw a picture to try and give vision?

Keep up the great work brother, I look forward to reading the 3rd part! Safe Travels~

Thanks so much SalviaDroid! I would love to collaborate, though I honestly don't know when the next time I'll dive into salvialand will be, if ever... I do still plan to quid at some point though, but not until I cure my 2 remaining salvia plants of whatever mysterious ailment/disease/pest that has been afflicting them and all my other plants for the last few years...

I do have a lot of other writing posted here though - Aya with Ay and I, Mycomysterium, the GVG diaries, MYCOPAX, the GRID, Lucy dreams of lucy dreaming of dreams of lucy, In the playground of my mind I have installed a slide next to the swings

... and probably a few others buried in there I have forgotten. Let me know if any of these pique your interest, if you feel like reading them! Maybe a collaboration there, or in some mushroom or DMT reports in the future - I am editing a few I will post (relatively) soon.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Cheers,

JBArk