We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oxidized Mescaline Reduction With Zinc -- Tek Requested! Options

Touche Guevara
#1 Posted : 7/22/2010 2:16:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So after reading about lots of SWIMmers overdoing the heat and air when evapping their mescaline pulls and ending up with a goo of reduced potency, and reading esteemed members of the community say that potency can be restored with zinc, I thought it would be nice to get a tek together. Is it as simple as dissolving the oxidized mescaline in water, mixing with zinc, filtering, and evapping?

Once we have a tek, I'll work up a pictorial (with images from the internet, of course).

Peace and justice!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ThirdEyeVision
#2 Posted : 7/22/2010 6:48:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also love to learn more about this. Unfortunatly there is very little info online other than mix in an "excess" of zinc. Very vague. Has anyone ever tried before and after to see if it works?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

endlessness
#3 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:18:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elemental zinc... I dont know if there's food safe elemental zinc.

I think all zinc reductions work the same. What I would do is redissolve the product in acidified water, mix excess zinc with it for a couple of hours, add base (or decant away from zinc and then add base) and re-extract with non-polar.

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 7/22/2010 4:42:32 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

got pix of oxidized mesc ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

ThirdEyeVision
#5 Posted : 7/24/2010 5:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
elemental zinc... I dont know if there's food safe elemental zinc.

I think all zinc reductions work the same. What I would do is redissolve the product in acidified water, mix excess zinc with it for a couple of hours, add base (or decant away from zinc and then add base) and re-extract with non-polar.

Please explain "excess" zinc. "Excess" is relative so not really clear. In 1000 ml of tea made from say.....9 feet of torch...... how much would be recommended?
ThirdEyeVision

w0mbat
#6 Posted : 7/25/2010 4:15:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before you do any of this, I'd make sure the chemistry behind it is sound. Mescaline and DMT are very different molecules. Are you *sure* mescaline salts even oxidize? Are you sure that they can be reduced with zinc, in the same way that DMT can be reduced?

benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

ThirdEyeVision
#7 Posted : 7/27/2010 5:12:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

w0mbat wrote:
Before you do any of this, I'd make sure the chemistry behind it is sound. Mescaline and DMT are very different molecules. Are you *sure* mescaline salts even oxidize? Are you sure that they can be reduced with zinc, in the same way that DMT can be reduced?

Can anyone more "chemically inclined" than myself answer these questions? Has anyone ever tested this? Or is it just theory?
ThirdEyeVision

dg
#8 Posted : 7/29/2010 5:08:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Phlux- wrote:

nope:
69ron urged me to take salts, put in 150* food dehydrator for a week. didn't have the indoor space, so
i put salts in open dish, and left set on the dashboard of a Hot truck for the last 2 weeks. still shiney white needles :SHRUG
i still say its excess acid forming such goo, not mescaline(all the lit says it is stable well beyond what swims are posting here, i question amounts of acid being used...)

ThirdEyeVision
#9 Posted : 7/29/2010 5:39:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dg wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

nope:
69ron urged me to take salts, put in 150* food dehydrator for a week. didn't have the indoor space, so
i put salts in open dish, and left set on the dashboard of a Hot truck for the last 2 weeks. still shiney white needles :SHRUG
i still say its excess acid forming such goo, not mescaline(all the lit says it is stable well beyond what swims are posting here, i question amounts of acid being used...)

Are you suggesting that it IS heat stable but not stable at low ph?
ThirdEyeVision

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 7/29/2010 7:48:34 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

ehh ? hcl salts ? - if so they could still be fine(mescaline hcl is preddy tough) - just acetone wash em.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

dg
#11 Posted : 7/29/2010 11:33:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
dg wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

nope:

yes!,sorta.
very heat stable
the low ph is caused by extra acid used during salting
the stuff thats degrading isn't mescaline, pure mescaline just doesn't oxidize or turn to goop at temps below 300*f +/- according to personal tests, and general scientific lit.
mescaline hcl is stable baked in an oven at 250-300 for example

ThirdEyeVision
#12 Posted : 7/30/2010 2:59:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dg wrote:
ThirdEyeVision wrote:
dg wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

nope:

yes!,sorta.
very heat stable
the low ph is caused by extra acid used during salting
the stuff thats degrading isn't mescaline, pure mescaline just doesn't oxidize or turn to goop at temps below 300*f +/- according to personal tests, and general scientific lit.
mescaline hcl is stable baked in an oven at 250-300 for example

Great to know! So much conflicting data here on the nexus regarding Mesc and heat.
So if it doesn't oxidize with moderately high temps then the Zinc seems kind of a waste of time...
ThirdEyeVision

dg
#13 Posted : 7/30/2010 4:55:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

sorry to "go against the grain"just my experiences. not saying an extract cant turn to goo, just ime the cause was too much acid, it was for me back in the day.
and all the extensive science out there says melting point is very high, and the mescaline mole is a tough nut

still going on my dashboard test just for fun thouhg-