We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Powderizing Dried Cactus chips Options

Methtical
#1 Posted : 7/21/2010 4:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whats the best way to powderize dried cactus chips?

I thought a coffee grinder would be ideal, however, the very cheapest I've found so far is £20 ($30) which quite frankley is extortionate, and in combination with getting everything else for a mesc extraction via 69rons d-limo tek would make the whole thing far too expensive, so cheap alternatives welcome!

Also, 69Rons tek states that the vinegar should be evaporated in a food dehydrator - these are also very expensive, and since I would have no use for it other than for the purpose of mesc. extraction, doesn't seem like a worthwhile purchase, so what would be the best alternative for one of these?

Thanks,

Methtical

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 7/21/2010 4:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I just use a coffee grinder.

Although, if you do an A/B, you won't have to grind the chips.

jbark
#3 Posted : 7/21/2010 4:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you make resin (very easy) you don't need to powder them either. Otherwise, a dedicated coffee or spice grinder is recommended.

cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

sigmundfreuid
#4 Posted : 7/21/2010 4:59:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the best grinder (for its price) is The Magic Bullet but im not sure if they have them in Uk.

Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

teotenakeltje
#5 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:52:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well if you haven't ordered the chip yet, you could ask the vendor to powderize them for ya

Seven
#6 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim has used a small coffee grinder, pain in the ass but gets the job done. You could try a blender, should work.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

Methtical
#7 Posted : 7/22/2010 1:34:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies.

Going down the Resin route would obviously be the easiest move, but I really wanted to try Mesc.Acetate on it's own first and then compare to resin, plus there are inconsistencies with resin whereas mesc.acetate seems pretty standardised. I was in a bad mood when I posted yesterday as it annoys the hell out of me that I want to give mesc a try but everytime I start planning there's always a tad more money being added onto the cost. I mean....£20 for a coffee grinder FFS!?!

Bah, I'll meditate on the resin route for now, my intended supplier is out of Torch at the moment so I suppose it gives me time to think....

Any further suggestions on what to replace a food dehydrator with? Oven at lowest setting with door open maybe??

Methtical

soulfood
#8 Posted : 7/22/2010 1:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Methtical wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Going down the Resin route would obviously be the easiest move, but I really wanted to try Mesc.Acetate on it's own first and then compare to resin, plus there are inconsistencies with resin whereas mesc.acetate seems pretty standardised.

Why not just make a tea from the cactus as is? I never grind cactus anymore, it's just too much of a can of worms. But if you simmer the whole pieces you can get all the mesc.

I highly recommend phlux's tek:

https://dmt-nexus.me/for...aspx?g=posts&t=10151

Methtical
#9 Posted : 7/22/2010 2:37:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Methtical wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Going down the Resin route would obviously be the easiest move, but I really wanted to try Mesc.Acetate on it's own first and then compare to resin, plus there are inconsistencies with resin whereas mesc.acetate seems pretty standardised.

Why not just make a tea from the cactus as is? I never grind cactus anymore, it's just too much of a can of worms. But if you simmer the whole pieces you can get all the mesc.

I highly recommend phlux's tek:

https://dmt-nexus.me/for...aspx?g=posts&t=10151

Looks interesting..... When it states the tea is reduced to ~400mls, how exactly is that reduction acheived? What are the typical yields achieved using, say, 60g dried cactus?

Methtical

soulfood
#10 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:01:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a feeling we shop at the same store for cactus Smile

Using cactus from said source has yielded everthing between 1-2.5% almost pure mesc using this tek.

To reduce the tea, I just put it in a pot and bring it to a low boil. You should be able to reduce even large amounts of liquid using a wide diameter pan in 1 hour or less. I never seem to damage the goods using fairly moderate boils.

Methtical
#11 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:

Using cactus from said source has yielded everthing between 1-2.5% almost pure mesc using this tek.

To reduce the tea, I just put it in a pot and bring it to a low boil. You should be able to reduce even large amounts of liquid using a wide diameter pan in 1 hour or less. I never seem to damage the goods using fairly moderate boils.

Yeah see this is my concern as I'm aware that mescaline is temperature sensitive and since I have a gas cooker, my two options are full flame to boil the hell out of whatevers in the pan, or small flame that will still produce what I'd describe to be above a simmer. I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on it and perhaps let it get to a small boil, then remove the heat, leave for 20 mins and repeat and so on. Think I'll order in some limonene and cactus in the next week or two and give this a try, will post results in Phluxs' thread.

Thanks for your help,

Methtical

jbark
#12 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:37:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Methtical wrote:
soulfood wrote:

Yeah see this is my concern as I'm aware that mescaline is temperature sensitive and since I have a gas cooker, my two options are full flame to boil the hell out of whatevers in the pan, or small flame that will still produce what I'd describe to be above a simmer. I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on it and perhaps let it get to a small boil, then remove the heat, leave for 20 mins and repeat and so on. Think I'll order in some limonene and cactus in the next week or two and give this a try, will post results in Phluxs' thread.

Thanks for your help,

Methtical

try a double boiler!

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

sigmundfreuid
#13 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:53:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:

Wow these numbers sounds pretty good , may i ask who is the supplier ? or can i have a hint ?
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !