We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New fumarate to freebase conversion tek Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:38:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

If this tek has already been described somewhere, sorry for the redundancy. I stumbled upon this tek purely by accident. I made a mistake attempting to convert 4.5grams of full spectrum spice into freebase spice. The spice was originally extracted via the BLAB.

The BLAB tek in the Wiki has been updated with new pics and the conversion part is now different then when I last did a conversion several months ago.

I added too much sodium carbonate to my water so the super saturated water wouldnt completely dissolve the DMT fumerate.

What I did was I took 250ml hot water and added sodium carbonate about 20 grams? + or -

I then took 4.5 grams of full spectrum spice extracted via BLAB and dissolved it in H2O that was just below boiling I used about 200ml.

I then combined the contents of the two jars and shook the hell out of it.

The spice broke up into micro blobs like it was going to mix and dissolve, but then, the spice just kinda all came back together in a sort of brownish golden honey goo oil. I put it in the freezer and in about 10 minutes the process was complete.

The spice had hardened and the sodium carbonate began to precip and crystalize on the bottom.

I pulled the spice out and rinsed it off with clean water.

I screwed up and so I thought that I had to do it over. The I thought- Wait a minute! It converted that fast!

I put some in my spice bong and BOOOM!

Free base spice. 2.9 grams to be exact. There was some loss but I got the fumerate converted in well under :20 minutes total time.

Could somebody verify this? I cant believe its that simple.
Ice House attached the following image(s):
DSC00093.JPG (652kb) downloaded 348 time(s).
DSC00096.JPG (656kb) downloaded 347 time(s).
DSC00097.JPG (707kb) downloaded 347 time(s).
DSC00098.JPG (679kb) downloaded 346 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:45:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would you explain a bit more what the pictures show and what is being done? Why is it new? How did you 'accidentally' convert it? And if it didnt work, why call it a new tek (and if its a new tek, can you extend a bit more because I wouldnt know what you actually did)? Or are you commenting on the new conversion steps on the BLAB ?

and btw, sorry to nitpick but its fumAric, not fumEric, I edited the spelling in the thread title if you dont mind Smile )

Ice House
#3 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:59:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What I did was I took 250ml hot water and added sodium carbonate about 20 grams? + or -

I then took 4.5 grams of full spectrum spice extracted via BLAB and dissolved it in H2O that was just below boiling I used about 200ml.
I then combined the contents of the two jars and shook the hell out of it.

The spice broke up into micro blobs like it was going to mix and dissolve, but then, the spice just kinda all came back together in a sort of brownish golden honey goo oil. I put it in the freezer and in about 10 minutes the process was complete.

The spice had hardened and the sodium carbonate began to precip and crystalize on the bottom.

I pulled the spice out and rinsed it off with clean water.

I screwed up and so I thought that I had to do it over. The I thought- Wait a minute! It converted that fast!

I put some in my spice bong and BOOOM!

Free base spice. 2.9 grams to be exact. There was some loss but I got the fumerate converted in well under :20 minutes total time.

Could somebody verify this? I cant believe its that simple.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:12:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

(sorry I had posted that before you edited to include all this information)

As for your original question if this was posted already, yeah I had posted the water crystalization conversion here
(this is what I used as the base to edit and update the BLAB tek to include the new salting and conversion steps)

now back to your experiment:
When you say 'the spice broke up into micro blobs', were the fumarates completely disoslved already? Then what do you mean they 'broke into micro blobs', they were dissolved and once you mixed the sodium carb, they precipitated into blobs?

What I did to get the white crystals on the link above was slow crystalization... I mixed the sodium carb solution, saw the precipitation start (white clouds), and let in the fridge for 3 days. You shook the hell out of the jars and then put it in the freezer, which forced quick (and more impure, I guess) precipitation. But yes it seems to have worked fine, yield seems normal, because indeed there is a common 30-50% loss. and you bioassayed and it worked fine, so I guess thats what matters Smile

Just know that, if you can spare a few days next time, you can get white crystals instead of brown freebase, if you do it slowly in the fridge. But if one is in a hurry or doesnt mind, the freezing thing can be done Smile

Ice House
#5 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:17:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This process took about :20 min.

I believe the water was soo saturated with sodium carbonate that the dmt fumarate would not fully dissolve into the water. I shook the hell out of the mixture and it looked like it was going to dissolve for a moment and then it all came back together in a honey substance floating on the surface of the solution. It converted in a matter of minutes.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:18:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Yeah, I dissolved the dmt fumarate completely before mixing the sodium carbonate solution.

Ice House
#7 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:23:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Interesting. Yeah, I dissolved the dmt fumarate completely before mixing the sodium carbonate solution.

I did also. I dissolved the DMT fumarate in hot water.
then
I added the dissolved spice water solution into the solution of water and and sodium carbonate.
and thats where the conversion happened.

Fast.

Ice House
#8 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:25:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is almost no waiting with this tek. The conversion happens in a minute or less IMHO. it takes a feww minutes to cool down and harden.

Ice House
#9 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:45:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I should explain the images I uploaded-

image 1 is a pic of the super saturated H2O precipitating sodium carbonate
image 2 is a pic of the converted spice floating on the surface of the super saturated H2O sodium carbonate solution.
image 3 is just of the precipitated sodium carbonate.
image 4 is of the final product.

Converted in minutes.

Ice House
#10 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:51:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did forget to mention that the solution did cloud at first, Heavily. Once I had added too much H2O/sodium carbonate it started to clear up and after I shook the hell out of it and put it in the freezer it cleared up and the freebase was all together in a blob.

I do not find the end result to be any less pure at all. This full spectrum freebase is as good as any I have ever sampled. It is GOOD!

endlessness
#11 Posted : 7/21/2010 2:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House Shaman wrote:

I did also. I dissolved the DMT fumarate in hot water.
then
I added the dissolved spice water solution into the solution of water and and sodium carbonate.
and thats where the conversion happened.

but then you had said before:

Ice House Shaman wrote:

I believe the water was soo saturated with sodium carbonate that the dmt fumarate would not fully dissolve into the water.

So it did dissolve or it didnt dissolve? Im guessing maybe you meant it did dissolve but when you added the sodium carbonate, the dmt precipitated, and not that the dmt fumarate didnt fully dissolve in water (also because what precipitates when adding the sodium carb, as you know, is the dmt freebase, not the fumarate)

Ice House Shaman wrote:
There is almost no waiting with this tek. The conversion happens in a minute or less IMHO. it takes a feww minutes to cool down and harden.

Yeah thats the interesting part. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, its good to know that in a matter of minutes one can have his fumarate as freebase by just shaking it up and freezing, instead of waiting days for crystalization on the fridge

Ice House Shaman wrote:

I do not find the end result to be any less pure at all. This full spectrum freebase is as good as any I have ever sampled. It is GOOD!

oh yeah sorry I didnt meant to imply it was bad in any way. I mean that its not as pure as slow crystalized white freebase, it looks more like the jimjam stuff that people get from the earlier conversions (like sodium carb paste and IPA pulls or amor fati's conversion). Would be interesting to compare the potency of the slow fridge crystalized white freebase dmt with the fast freeze crystalized tan dmt. It is very possible that the difference is more of aesthetics and that in terms of effects they can be considered similar. In any case its good that people have available the two types to choose depending on what they want.. Once again, thanks for sharing this with us, Ice House Shaman Smile

Ice House
#12 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:16:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the confusion with how I described what happened.

I made a mistake or two attempting to convert fumarate DMT to freebase using the tek outlined in the Wiki using the BLAB extraction. I did two things wrong.

first I put too much sodium carbonate in the water, second, I put too much of the sodium carbonate/water solution into my water/DMT fumerate solution.

There was normal clouding of the DMT laden solution when I did this

maybe 30 seconds to a minute had passed when I realized that I had made the two mistakes, I noticed that a honey looking material started to form on the top. I shook the hell out of the jar. and put it in the freezer.

Concerned that I had really messed it up, I checked on it a few minutes later and all of the spice was now in one solid piece floating on the surface.

After testing 30mg through my trusty spice bong, I am 100% sure it is quality DMT Freebase.

As stated before I started with 4.5g and finished with 2.9 g.

I plan on duplicating this accident and attemkpting to draft up a Tek, though drafting up or outlining a tek is not one of my stronger points, I'll do my best to outline step by step how to convert DMT fumarate to freebase in a matter of minutes.

It works!

endlessness
#13 Posted : 7/21/2010 5:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah it does, dagger.. in the slow fridge precipitation, after retrieving the crystals I froze the solution and thawed it, and an aditional small amount precipitated, but it was of a darker colour as opposed to the original white precipitation. I dont know how much of that was impurities (like sodium fumarate and sodium carbonate), and how much was dmt. It was maybe 5% weight of the original precipitation.

Ice House
#14 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
I wonder if more dmt freebase would precipitate if you froze it solid in the freezer, then thawed it. Could possibly be a way of minimizing the loss of dmt.

I'm not sure if it would work the way I did it, mistakes included. The sodium carbonate precipitated almost all the way to the surface forming a crystalized sludge. I dont know where it would be. I did re freeze after taking out what I could see. I didnt find any more.

The nice part about this is you can just fresh water rinse the sodium carbonate away and whats left is most certainly free base spice.