We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Prop 19, Legal Cannabis? Options

Steely
#41 Posted : 10/25/2010 8:07:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be positively ignorant to believe that a flower bud, proven to have both anti-psychotic and psychotic chemicals, would not have massively differentiating effects among any species on earth that reacts to THC, similar to humans.

But the only thing this means is that if you are worried about it's effects on you, talk to your doctor. This is medicine for anyone looking to relax, heal, or expand conscious.

Why not treat cannabis/hemp like any other crop (Not counting the fact that it was a billion dollar crop back when it was legal, but we all know this.), and the little flower bud we call marijuana (You'll do things to white women!), just like cigarettes.

Have the age limit laws on cigarettes and I.D. carding been proven to stop minors from purchasing cigarettes?
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bill Cipher
#42 Posted : 10/25/2010 8:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jimm,

I could be wrong, but my guess is that your livelihood rests on the rejection of this bill - and if this is the case, your arguments are about as credible as any lobbyist's for the alcohol or pharmaceutical industries.

I live in California, will be at the polls on November 2nd, and you won't much care for my vote. But I'm confident that it's the right way to go, and I believe it will set a precedent. California sets the political trends for the rest of the country to follow. It's always been so and will be again with this issue, just wait and see.

It's a small but vital step toward bringing an end to prohibition. If you're a drug user not in support of any possible advancement in this area, I've got to suspect that your motivation is one of personal financial gain.

jimm
#43 Posted : 10/25/2010 9:10:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Jimm,

I could be wrong, but my guess is that your livelihood rests on the rejection of this bill - and if this is the case, your arguments are about as credible as any lobbyist's for the alcohol or pharmaceutical industries.

I live in California, will be at the polls on November 2nd, and you won't much care for my vote. But I'm confident that it's the right way to go, and I believe it will set a precedent. California sets the political trends for the rest of the country to follow. It's always been so and will be again with this issue, just wait and see.

It's a small but vital step toward bringing an end to prohibition. If you're a drug user not in support of any possible advancement in this area, I've got to suspect that your motivation is one of personal financial gain.

Art, I dont live in California bud, (ask admin, my traffic is coming from one place 1000 miles from california) never said I did and I have no "livelihood" obviously, dont need one.
Look at the times of my posts they are all over the place..As for your vote it wont matter, they rarely do..

If it passes I will enjoy watching the aftermath, if it doesn't I will be a little sad to miss such commotion. I imagine it will be one hell of a party in the streets that day, and practically no one will show up for work the next morning and Californias daily activities will grind to a halt. lol.

When California passed gay marriage did any other state follow?

No I dont think so.

The med growers actually will not be affected by the 5x5 thing I was just trying to see if any of you could spot the error (which no one did) and hold a decent conversation about this prop, (obviously no one has read it) either way the med growers will keep on trucking for the most part.

One of my big problems with this prop among others Ive already discussed is its founder, can you say conflict of interest?

Sort of reminds me of an arbusto who toppled a certain foreign leader.

justine
#44 Posted : 10/25/2010 12:22:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at europe, there is a general trend toward legalization here (it may still take a few years though) :

It is also legal to grow in reasonable quantities in belgium and spain.

And by the way, there are more weed smokers in France (where the law is the harshest in europe) than in the netherlands so :

Quote:
I imagine it will be one hell of a party in the streets that day, and practically no one will show up for work the next morning and Californias daily activities will grind to a halt. lol.

Just made me laugh so hard Rolling eyes
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

vibrancy3
#45 Posted : 10/25/2010 12:51:16 PM

Josh

jimm wrote:
Its already decrim bud, did you not see this?

Its crazy easy to get a card, do you have any sort of pain on medical record? ever broke a "bone"?

You seem to think that the weed economy will grow if it passes, but no the Prop 19 caps everyone but a few city licensed growers to 5x5. each city would give maybe 5 licenses, so only Rich Lee who already has airplanes hangers going will benefit.

Only the Biggest 5 will get licenses, so that only big business or corporations benefit!

What do you think the quality will be like then?

The connoisseur growers cali now has will all get capped at 5x5 bro, DONT RUIN IT...

Well I haven't got anything wrong with me! and i think its stupid people are pretending to have illness or some sort to get these cards

(is this seriously how you want it too carry on like? fuck mac evny cali weed envy, this is just lke that south park ep where they close the KFC in sp and change it a medical marijuana store)

And i think if the law passes they wont say only growers can have 5x5 area grow! thats ridiculous, if that is part of the licence i can see it changing quite rapidly, cali ppl will just moan till it is!

vibrancy3
#46 Posted : 10/25/2010 12:52:37 PM

Josh

I think you should be focusing more on the postives beneifts jimm rather than the negative!

justine
#47 Posted : 10/25/2010 12:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vibrancy3 wrote:
I think you should be focusing more on the postives beneifts jimm rather than the negative!

Well, he just said that his point of view is biased and that he fears for his incomes :

Quote:
One of my big problems with this prop among others Ive already discussed is its founder, can you say conflict of interest?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

jimm
#48 Posted : 10/25/2010 3:41:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

people arent pretending, if you have a medical record of pain then you can get a card and use weed for that,

I already said I dont derive income form weed nor do I live in cali.

the benefits are for one person, Rich Lee, not much else changes, except for new felonies.

You guys seem to have a very low reading comprehension.

justine notice the "lol" I was joking, California of course will keep going, it will take a few days after the law passes tho, there for sure will be a big big party for a few days tho.

as for this whining, once the law passes that will be it.

Do you how much effort it takes to get a prop going?

No one will be whining to get a new expansion to this, it will stick at 5x5. its a shame.

Plus no one would vote an expansion in, the voters (and remember the typographic that actually gets out to vote) will be like oh those potheads just want more and more.

Btw, that south park episode was based on real life, they really did turn an old KFC into a med shop, but it closed after the moratorium.

Medicinal Fried Chicken

If californians want this to pass they better put down the spliff and get out to vote

justine
#49 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, sorry jimm if I misunderstood you.

By the way these new felonies you are talking about are only ways to protect teenagers, maybe the legal age for buying pot should have been 18 but honestly
it's not such a huge drawback, don't you think?

Quote:
You guys seem to have a very low reading comprehension.

Honestly it's sometimes hard to understand your point of view considering how negative and angry you seem to be, for instance
the right to grow marijuana at a private residence in a space of up to 25 square feet for personal use seems quite enough,
it's enough to get 1kg at a time after all.
- William Blake

jimm
#50 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:17:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im mad that its not totally legal like tomatoes, who has the right to say what you can and cannot grow that is a native organism to the earth.

I think a felony for a herb is ridiculous.

no 5x5 is not enough.

proto-pax
#51 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:42:54 PM

bird-brain

Thats why you ammend.

Fuck it would be legal dude. LEGAL.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

jimm
#52 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:44:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

no dude it wont be legal I already explained that.

its already on the books for med to be legal but people get busted all day in fed court.

and go down for decades DUDE

Malaclypse
#53 Posted : 10/25/2010 6:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AstralKing, I'm sorry that weed effected so many people you know very negatively, but there is a lot of anecdotal stuff here that from my experiences of myself and my friends are about 100% the opposite.

Quote:
However, 1 of my friends is now a paranoid schizophrenic (he was 17 when it happeneded and he had never done ANY other drug but smoked alot of weed),

You do realize that Schizophrenics develop the ailment around that age up to early 20's anyway right. It is a leap to assume that weed was some how the cause for this.

As per your problems in school I guess weed wasn't compatible with you for that. When I first went to college I had a really terrible 1st semester. It also coincidentally coincided with my parents finding out that I smoked weed. The reason that I did so bad was only very minorly related to weed, it was basically all just the newness and freedom to skip class and do whatever. When I got a 1.8 or whatever terrible thing it was it was the shock I needed to do better in school. I continued to smoke weed pretty much ever day back then. I actually found for my computer science classes that I could really absorb the stuff if I got high before class. From that semester on, I continued to be a "pot head" as well as experimenting with other things as well. I ended up graduation on the Dean's List with something like a 3.8.

It's now many many years later and I have a great job and have gone through periods post school where I was still smoking a shit ton of weed. I don't do that anymore as it is kind of pointless, but I still enjoy it every once in a while while reading a good book or watching a movie or doing some meditation and especially while playing music.

Just a little counter point of my own anecdotal evidence. Obviously weed can effect people negatively, but there are many ways you can use the experience. Being a sloth can be fun every once and a while, but I think it is often the user and not the substance that is to blame for how they use it.

I of course 100% support not getting pre-pubescent kids using the stuff.

Astralking
#54 Posted : 10/25/2010 6:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:

Quote:
However, 1 of my friends is now a paranoid schizophrenic (he was 17 when it happeneded and he had never done ANY other drug but smoked alot of weed),

You do realize that Schizophrenics develop the ailment around that age up to early 20's anyway right. It is a leap to assume that weed was some how the cause for this.

That friend was only 17 when he developed schizophrenia and it happened while he was smoking weed. He developed the symptoms while he was stoned and they will now persist for ever more. I don't understand how you can class that as a leap Razz

I totally agree however that been a cloth can for be fun every once in a while but thats it. "Every once in a while" ha. Hit the nail on the head. Smile
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Malaclypse
#55 Posted : 10/25/2010 7:36:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Astralking wrote:
Malaclypse wrote:

Quote:

That friend was only 17 when he developed schizophrenia and it happened while he was smoking weed. He developed the symptoms while he was stoned and they will now persist for ever more. I don't understand how you can class that as a leap Razz

I totally agree however that been a cloth can for be fun every once in a while but thats it. "Every once in a while" ha. Hit the nail on the head. Smile

Ah, I didn't realize that the symptoms first popped up while under the influence as you didn't mention that, just that he smoked alot of weed. I could see it being a trigger for someone who is pre-disposed to it. I'm no expert of course and I wonder if it would have happened regardless though. With how many people smoke the stuff, if there is any real link it is obviously a very small % or there would be schizophrenics all over the place.

Astralking
#56 Posted : 10/25/2010 7:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
Astralking wrote:
Malaclypse wrote:

Quote:

Ah, I didn't realize that the symptoms first popped up while under the influence as you didn't mention that, just that he smoked alot of weed. I could see it being a trigger for someone who is pre-disposed to it. I'm no expert of course and I wonder if it would have happened regardless though. With how many people smoke the stuff, if there is any real link it is obviously a very small % or there would be schizophrenics all over the place.

This is true but i think the fact it happened under the influence obviously has a big bearing on my opinion towards it. As i'm sure you can imagine Smile Didn't half scare the living shit outa me!
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

blast_off_tramp
#57 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:15:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

to put all the blame on cannabis is done with out thorough thought. Genetics... biggest factor, development, health.

Prop 19 passed or not is just the beginning. if it doesnt pass now it will in 2012. The young generation is pretty utilitarian. Also, the GOP is dying off.... finally
Hemp is the key to our survival

Build Community to Create Harmony

BananaForeskin
#58 Posted : 10/26/2010 9:41:04 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

jimm wrote:

The med growers actually will not be affected by the 5x5 thing I was just trying to see if any of you could spot the error (which no one did) and hold a decent conversation about this prop, (obviously no one has read it) either way the med growers will keep on trucking for the most part.

Whatchoo talking about? I totally called you on that earlier in the thread. And I have read the prop. It seems pretty damn benign... most of the finicky details are (thank goodness) left to local legislature, and aren't detailed in the bill. It seems like it'll be up to individual towns whether or not they want commercial pot around, although everyone will of course get their plot.
Did you read my post at all? If CA legalizes it, no doubt there will be a Supreme Court decision within the year. No-one WANTS there to be grossly conflicting laws. The issue will settle itself.

And I'm guessing the only p33ps getting thrown in prison are the ones toeing the line. That is just a guess... but I dare you to show me a case where someone was minding their own business, had their two plants (at least that's WA limit), and still got sentenced for a while.

@astralking Yeh, stories like yours are all over the place. But it's worth noting two things: first, if a bunch of 13 year olds drank enough booze to be equivalently intoxicated to a good stone every day for the next few years, they'd also have some issues because of that. Second, state control over a substance seems to decrease its availability to youth. I know in my town, it's ten times easier for someone underage to get pot than it is to get booze or cigarettes. If pot was legal and controlled, chances are it'd be harder for middle and high schoolers to get their hands on.
¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jimm
#59 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:03:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah I dont see what your talking about, anyway George Soros just donated 1 mil to prop. 19, wonder what took him so long?

Even tho I think its not a good prop, I cant wait to see what happens afterwards, its gonna be fun to see, and if it doesnt pass I will feel sad for everybody who was excited for it.

I think it will pass even if the polls say no, because who tells the truth about weed to pollsters anyway?

DiMiTriX
#60 Posted : 10/26/2010 9:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i could without any doupt that map is wrong Rolling eyes unfortunatly..
Tz'is aná

PREV12345NEXT»