We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marsofold - Naptha Evaporation - Seek Advice Options

CelestialSpores
#1 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:12:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I need some help understanding what the following means. I will also tell you what I think it means.

From the Marsfold's tek on the wiki:
"For a pound of rootbark use 500 milliliters of naptha to extract. Then evaporate it down to 50 milliliters. Then freeze it and filter out the crystals."

Now please tell me if am understand this correctly. Instead of adding 250ml of naptha to the wine jug add 500. Now proceed with the non polar extraction as usual. When done with the non polar work, evaporate the naptha down to 50ml. Now proceed with the final portion of the extraction by freezing it for three days along with the other instructions.

This is what I got out of reading that. I don't know that I understand it correctly. Help would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:57:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are correct in what you understand with this tek, but a few adjustments could be made, instead of just mixing in 500ml at one go, rather do more pulls with less naptha, so use like 100-120ml per pull, 4-5 times. This way you will have more saturated solvent, making it easier for the DMT to crash out. So you do your first pull of 100-120ml, now you could evap it till it gets cloudy when you blow at it, once it gets cloudy then you can procees with freeze precip. In the meantime you can carry on with the second pull of 100-120ml and then evap till cloudy and freeze that one, etc.... Or you could combine all pulls together and evap till it gets cloudy and then freeze.

Hope that helps out Smile

CelestialSpores
#3 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:38:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh ok, thanks. That info is pretty useful to me.