We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Golden Rue(L) Extractions Options

professor8
#1 Posted : 7/19/2010 6:29:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Friends, I am experimenting with Rue seed extractions for Harmaline & Harmine in the hopes I can do a successful Isolation of each. But first I must extract the crude alkaloids and here is what I've done:

Soaked 100mg seeds in vinegar overnight
poured it into a blender for a minute
extracted & filtered 3 times
did a standard Manske & filtered X 3

on the last salting I ran out of non-iodated salt facepalm
I rekon it was saturated about 50% and just put the solution aside in the pot, covered on a shelf until I could get some more salt...
I forgot about it and 2 days later I looked in the pot and there were these very long crystals that had grown Very happy

I filtered the solution and dried the coffee filter full of crystals in a dehydrator

Before drying ____________________________________ After drying (looks like spun gold Very happy )

I think the slow temp change & time duration lent to much longer crystals because on the next round I fully saturated the solution with salt

And this is what came back even after standing for 24hours Confused why are there no large crystals like before?

I redissolved in 400ml water with 20ml vinegar and then salted with 50g in 400ml just before boiling. It's now cooling off in solitary confinement in hopes of extra long Harmala crystals

Will using less salt and slow cool-off yield larger crystals?

Professor8 Smile
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/19/2010 6:40:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey!

yeah more or less the same happened to me once: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=138839&#post138839

what seems to be happening is, as the temperature lowers, the salt (and harmala hcl) solubility decreases, so the crystals precipitate, but since its so slow, they grow larger than a fast salt saturation which immediately forces the crystals to precipitate in small crystal size.

as I mention in that thread, after filtering those larger crystals, I added a base to the liquid and there was plenty of precipitation, meaning not all the alkaloids had precipitated during the slow crystalization. So thats one of the biggest issues, I think, that you would be losing a lot of harmalas doing this half-salt crystalization.

But yeah I feel this is an area we can experiment with, to grow larger harmala hcl crystals, and if one doesnt throw away the liquid left behind, nothing is lost, just gotta re-saturate with salt to get the rest out or base precip and filter, or whatever other method to not waste any harmala Very happy

professor8
#3 Posted : 7/20/2010 7:47:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After salting & dissolving a few times to clean the crystals up I was able to replicate the big Harmala crystal growth; I used the liquid that came through the filter to see if there were any actives left and sure enough:

I left 'em undisturbed for 48 hours.
It appears that a low density saline solution (25g NaCl per 500ml H20)
and not more than 300mg of dissolved harmalas gave the crystals the room they need to grow and they grew just as big in the fridge as outside.

If you dont let them grow they look like this dried

I will isolate & precipitate the Harmine & Harmaline so we say goodbye to the crystals... for now.

I'm wondering if of you can grow & store the harmine HCl crystals in that form after redissolving the isolated Harmine base.... and would the HCl harmine absorb better under the tongue than the harmine base?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.