We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to create a LSA tincture? Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 7/17/2010 10:45:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is the most feasible way to make an LSA tincture? I was thinking in the lines of a cold-water extraction, evaporating the water and dissolving the resulting goo in some ethanol. Would this work properly?

Perhaps too much gunk is extracted by water. What could be done to clean this up? I would like it as easy as possible. I would have asked for an LSH tincture, but the instability of LSH makes that next to impossible, doesn't it?

Thanks for all help!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 7/18/2010 2:04:28 AM

SWIM

SWIM has been wondering this for a while, the instability of LSA and the poor solubility in acetone/ipa have been a block in the tek though.

Apearently LSA is stable at up to 90C or so, but SWIM kept a brew in his fridge one time for a week and it lost all potency!
part of it was taken as a dose the day it was made and it was fine but a week later it was useless.

There is a chance that LSA is much more vulnerable to degradation by air and light (even fridge light) than heat so maybe quickly evaporating it then sealing in a tinted bottle would work. Also if SWIM remembers correctly the LSA tartate is relatively stable, this might help.

There are some methods to precipitate out the LSA, SWIM tried it and it didn't seem to work though.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

69ron
#3 Posted : 7/18/2010 2:05:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM made LSA tinctures before and after a while the tinctures don't work well anymore. If you're planning to use all of it in less than 1 year, you should be ok though. Add vitamin C. Don't make a huge lot of it and expect it to be good for much longer than 1 year.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PlainCoil
#4 Posted : 7/20/2010 4:00:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PlainCoil wrote:

SWIM reports back that the morning glory tincture is good. He even believes that adding peppermint oil successfully converted the batch.

He ground up 50g of heavenly blues, then sifted the chunky powder through a metal screen (tea strainer) to obtain 20g of fine powder. This powder has, in the past, been pretty strong to SWIM at doses of ~2 grams raw.

He added everclear (and a little bit of vitamin C), shook, and left in the freezer in a sealed jar with foil covering it for several hours. Filtered and added more alcohol to seed mush for a second wash left to sit overnight. Filtered, combined extractions and evaporated until it would fit into a dropper bottle. A dropper of peppermint oil was added, along with a dropper of vitamin C water. A white substance present throughout the process would not dissolve in the alcohol, settled out in the freezer, and passed easily through the coffee filter, and still contaminates SWIM's product.

There were 50 droppers in the bottle, so SWIM used 5 droppers to test out the tincture. Success. No tired period during the first three hours. Kicked in after 2 and a half. Pretty mild experience, but definitely not sedating and pretty psychedelic and stimulating.

SWIM is combining with cannabis though.

This was back in february, and this tincture is said to still be in SWIM's freezer. It still fluoresces under blacklight, though he has yet to give it another try.