We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ibogahuasca Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:17:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
At the moment i'm writing this, i'm still not completely back to normal.

So i've been curious about iboga for a while. Especially since i found out about shiric sanango, a plant that is used in traditional ayahuasca brews and that contains ibogaine.

Since i was a bit wary of using that peticular plant because it probably contains some nasty stuff as well, besides ibogaine, i decided to try the african iboga plant instead.

I take it that everybody who's interested in iboga-ayahuasca realises that this combo isn't completely without risk. The combination of iboga with MAOI could be the perfect recipe for a deadly overdose.

For this reason i was carefull with the dose of iboga i took, as an admixture with 'normal' ayahuasca.

I took 0.4 grams of powdered iboga rootbark.
with this i took 1.5 grams of maya's 50:1 caapi extract and 50 grams of chacruna.

I can say that iboga is definately very synergistic with the caapi, but not much with the chacruna.
Actually, i now realise that it didn't make much sense of taking both the chacruna AND the iboga.

It seems that iboga and DMT are just...well, not cancelling eachother out, that´s not it.
It´s more that they seem to speak a different language.

The next time i´ll do ibogahuasca, i will not use any DMT plant for this reason.

At this moment i feel very well. stimulated and sedated at the same time. I just went to check my mail, since i wanted to read back an email that i had send to my ex, that was full of emotion and i wanted to see whether i, at this state of mind, would be able to read it with a fresh look, since maybe it had put a bit too much emotion in it.

Anyway, normally at this state i wouldn´t be sitting behind a computer.

The effects of iboga and caapi result most of all in a weird sort of physical sensation. Iboga seems much more physical than DMT as admixture in ayahuasca. there is a sensation as if i´m floating or gently drifting away.
The visual effects of DMT are very much diminished ad well as most of it´s mental effects.

Most of all, it feels like being hyper awake. More awake than normal awake, i´m completely in the moment.

The DMT effects have completely subsided at this moment, so what´s left must be completely iboga and caapi effects.

I feel that i´m partly into the tryptamine dimension, but there´s no mindfuck and it´s very warm and pleasant. little visual effects. and the visual effects that are there are mostly geometric. less colourfull, although it started with seeing something like flashing fireflies, doing a sort of dance. Visually it´s just totally not like DMT and visually DMT and iboga DO seem to cancel eachother out.

Senses are hightened unlike i ever experienced though.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 7/18/2010 11:17:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fascinating report, with a very interesting combination of plants, very little explored together. It’s weird as now when I do ayahuasca, particularly strong caapi, it puts me in a state very reminiscent of an Iboga trance...it definitely feels like both caapi and Iboga open up some of the same pathways.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 7/20/2010 9:38:34 PM

The Great Namah

Interesting. Very detailed and well written report polytrip!

Personally, I do not think that people should mix the two. It is pointless. Iboga has blocked any and all effects from vaporized DMT, I suspect with most other psycadelics (trypts and phens at least) their will be no effect. Iboga is blockading damn near every pleasure center save dopamine.

My DMT attempt was 3 days after taking a low doses for about a week (.2g-2g/day). So, this may be because of the highly active and a known powerful SRI ,noribogaine, but from the OP

I have taken Caapi with iboga, and there is a synergy...I would be very careful to keep the doses of both low...(S)SRI's and MAOI's don't play nice.

It's a shame that I will have to leave Aya and DMT alone for a while.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

mindash
#4 Posted : 1/17/2011 9:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

for me it was like the aya and iboga were having a continental war with my heart's ability to function as the prize, thank god its still beating once again harmalas and iboga are russian roulette at any dose imo so be careful please

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 1/17/2011 3:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I would suggest extreme caution for people wanting to experiment with combinations, but mindash your experiment was definitely reckless dude! 10g of Iboga is a serious dose, and 200mg of caapi alkaloids 15 hours later is way to soon, this is the time when norIbogaine levels with its SSRI effects will be peaking, and so is likely a very bad time indeed to take a strong MAOI dose. Be careful in the future! The heart is an amazing and very important organ, you're in deep trouble if you damage it!

rOm
#6 Posted : 1/18/2011 8:04:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga at 2 grams dose along with 150 mg rue alcaloids were already very strong.
But I didn't suspect it was plain dangerous given that a certain brew (as polytrip just mentionned) in the amazon contain ibogaine (but not iboga and iboga is much more than ibogaine).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !