We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Help! My Salvia is dying. Options

ocelot
#21 Posted : 9/7/2010 9:22:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How are your Salvias doing now?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

joedirt
#22 Posted : 9/7/2010 9:46:08 PM

Not I

I can give some advise perhaps. The black is likely a virus that has infected the plant long ago. Everyone I know that has a Salvia plant in an arid environment experiences this blackening.

The thing that has helped my plant the most has been the summer humidity. It actually grow like a normal plant...almost. You could still see that the leaves were very dry though.

This plant needs a humidity chamber unless you are growing it in a tropical environment. I plan on building a humidity chamber for it and my p. viridis plant this winter.

Sorry I can't be more help. Salvia is a very special plant and the genetics are not diverse at all. If you can manage to get that plant to produce seeds many people would be very interested in those seeds.

Good Luck!
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

DiMiTriX
#23 Posted : 9/14/2010 9:04:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pffff SWIM wants his sally plant too. she's illegal in the fucking shitty place he lives Crying or very sad
he must know someone that could TNT him a cut.
Tz'is aná

Trickster
#24 Posted : 9/14/2010 10:11:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Very slowly my salvias recovered from the heat shock. They are almost OK but grow very slowly.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

PREV12