We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Jim Carrey on DMT Options

jbark
#21 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

L_Star wrote:
Bit off hand, but could it be possible actors are in the KNOW with the drugs, and have ones that arent even avalialbe to general public? Again its a bit out there n i doubt it, but would does any one think about the possablilites etc?

Mayb J.C has got some super smoke super drugs, anti aging mayb, look at him n will smith look young as they did 20year ago Smile haha

R*R
L

just look at Michael J. Case in point:

Quote:
Before his death, Jackson reportedly had been administered propofol, along with two anti-anxiety benzodiazepines: lorazepam and midazolam.[

wikipedia

Propofol, I read, is known as the anesthesiologist's drug; very hard to come by, unless you know an anesthesiologist..

Quote:
Propofol (INN, marketed as Diprivan by AstraZeneca) is a short-acting, intravenously administered hypnotic agent. Its uses include the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia, sedation for mechanically ventilated adults, and procedural sedation. Propofol is also commonly used in veterinary medicine. Propofol is approved for use in more than 50 countries, and generic versions are available.

Chemically, propofol is unrelated to barbiturates, and has largely replaced sodium thiopental (Pentothal) for induction of anesthesia because recovery from propofol is more rapid and "clear" when compared with thiopental. Propofol is not considered an analgesic, so opioids such as fentanyl may be combined with propofol to alleviate pain.[1] Due to its amnestic effects and appearance as a white liquid, propofol has been humorously dubbed "milk of amnesia" by doctors.[2]

wikepedia

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

asf408
#22 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:30:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.jimcarrey.com/

his personal website may hint at some possible drug use

L_Star
#23 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

asf408 wrote:
http://www.jimcarrey.com/

his personal website may hint at some possible drug use

I hint/smell a tripper from that at a 1 second glance at it. Cool looking site regardless if its drug influenced etc.

And thakns jbark for the info there
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

Spira
#24 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:09:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, maybe I wasn't that far off in the first place. Wonder how many of them trip..
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

Kannamate
#25 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:26:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

your joking right,or are you thinking of the old composer? I'm talking about the modern rockstar sebastian bach he's appeared on high times,been a judge at the cannabis cup besides drinking and MJ I don't know what else he's done I bet he's done some harder drugs in the 80's though.

polytrip wrote:
Kannamate wrote:
I think famous people who are known for doing drugs don't care much like ozzy,sebastian bach,tool etc. others who aren't known for doing drugs will try to protect their reputation unless it's just drinking maybe which is more socially acceptable to them and hollywood to a degree.

Sebastian bach???drugs? that's new for me. What did he use?

polytrip
#26 Posted : 7/16/2010 6:12:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Kannamate wrote:
your joking right,or are you thinking of the old composer? I'm talking about the modern rockstar sebastian bach he's appeared on high times,been a judge at the cannabis cup besides drinking and MJ I don't know what else he's done I bet he's done some harder drugs in the 80's though.

polytrip wrote:
Kannamate wrote:
I think famous people who are known for doing drugs don't care much like ozzy,sebastian bach,tool etc. others who aren't known for doing drugs will try to protect their reputation unless it's just drinking maybe which is more socially acceptable to them and hollywood to a degree.

Sebastian bach???drugs? that's new for me. What did he use?

Oh, never heard of that dude.
Yeah, the old composer...let's say that some people find him the greatest musician of all times and i normally would think that comparing the old composer to more modern musicians is fair for neither of the two: like comparing the model t-ford with a ford fiesta. Ofcourse the T-ford is technically inferiour to the cars of today, but the fiesta can never have the same historic significance as the first ford...it's just not a fair comparison.

So anyway. Saying that the old bach is the greatest musician of all times is something i normally just cannot agree with; it's like saying that the wright brothers are the greatest aircraft designers of all times.

Nevertheless, i would have to completely revise my opinion on that if it would turn out that the old composer would have been a total pothead: For a pothead, doing what bach did, is just an impossible task. The amount of work alone.

It would be like if suddenly we would find out that roger federer is actually blind and locates tennisballs by carefully listening to the 'woosh' sound.
Or like, if mike tyson would actually be an 85 year old lady who's had plastic surgery.

If bach would have been a pothead, his achievements like writing hundreds or maybe even thousands of pieces like complex fugue's in each key, would have to be seen as just an impossible superhuman achievement.
Just listening to even a tenth of all his music would be a virtually impossible task to complete, for a normal pothead.

redeadnixon
#27 Posted : 7/16/2010 10:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
cellux wrote:
Norl wrote:
It seems Tolle has never mentioned use of psychedelics or entheogens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RofybYVNCe4
@ 4:40

LOL!!! I was not expecting him to say it like that. Interesting, he says all that happened on acid was that sense perceptions became amplified. Hmmmm.... that is nothing like what I experience on entheos.

What Eckhart says is true IMO, i've got quite a few friends who are in their 50's/60's now, who did lots of acid/mesc in their younger years and they say that acid is nowhere near the kind of experience you get from meditation...
They all tell me to start meditation as it's way more powerful, deep and meaningful.
It's not the first time we've been in this dream.

Rising Spirit
#28 Posted : 7/17/2010 5:56:20 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Quote:
LOL!!! I was not expecting him to say it like that. Interesting, he says all that happened on acid was that sense perceptions became amplified. Hmmmm.... that is nothing like what I experience on entheos.

Ditto!!! I am most certain he either had too small a dose or what he did ingest was not LSD-25 or any active psychedelic chemical. "Amplified"? Yes, this is true but... what about all of that which is beyond the scope of words? Hmmm... I just don't get why he was so unable to have a breakthrough experience? Oh, never mind me. Rolling eyes

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Rising Spirit
#29 Posted : 7/17/2010 6:02:03 AM

Please don't get me wrong, as I dig his narratives and affirmations. He's a cool guy, still... I don't understand his need to mention that, which he obviously never even experienced in it's full measure? Not that I know what I'm talkin' about, mind you. Rolling eyes

Rising Spirit
#30 Posted : 7/17/2010 6:02:55 AM

redeadnixon wrote:
Apoc wrote:
cellux wrote:
[quote=Norl]It seems Tolle has never mentioned use of psychedelics or entheogens.

@ 4:40

Frankly, I doubt he really injested LSD-25 or if he did, it was in such a minute amount that he never reached a significant threshold level or had a breakthrough experience. Had he, if fact, taken enough acid (being a "spiritual" person)... he would have gone through ego death, reached a point of consciousness where he was void of subjectivity and ultimately, merged with the Void. None of these pivotal experiences, characteristic of people under the intoxication of any potent psychedelic, were even remotely alluded to. He does mention "heightened senses" and just how red a stop light appears while tripping, as an example for those who have yet to trip. I don't get it? He suggests he experienced a kind of synthesia but never mentions any transcendental states of consciousness or merging with the infinite web of the Grid or even a loss of self-orientation. Furthermore, he said to Oprah that LSD was a more "violent" experience than what he is teaching. It's a subjective assessment, after all. IMO, he would benefit from smoking DMT. I am certain that no person's ego can withstand that much boundless spiritual power!

Quote:
What Eckhart says is true IMO, i've got quite a few friends who are in their 50's/60's now, who did lots of acid/mesc in their younger years and they say that acid is nowhere near the kind of experience you get from meditation...
They all tell me to start meditation as it's way more powerful, deep and meaningful.

I'm nobody special and I don't mean to imply I have the all of the answers. I've been doing sitting meditation since I was 16 and will turn 52 in November. I was practicing various forms of meditation, years before I took LSD-25, mescaline or mushrooms. The two practices, formal meditation and the Medicine Path, are not mutually exclusive. Moreover, the two work tremendously well together. I would wholeheartedly encourage any psychonauts to embrace the daily repetition of meditation to their routine. That being said, nothing is so simplistic as one way of life, in favor of the other. A little Medicine helps to awaken the seeker and regular spiritual practice helps to gently tune the soul. Still, the undeniable fact is that chemicals eventually wear off and we must find the light on our two grounded feet. "All things in good measure." I feel we must temper our cosmic voyages with harmonious meditative pursuits like: sitting meditation, contemplation, yoga, music, art, exercise, tai chi chuan or any number of proven healing activities. This, however, cannot be confused with the journey of the wounded healer, as tripping gives a gift of insight which is otherwise unattainable (except in brief flashes of clear inspiration). Shocked

Rising Spirit
#31 Posted : 7/17/2010 6:03:56 AM

Quote:

I happen to be of the opinion (for what it's worth), that formal seated meditation and biochemicular Sacred Journeys... are like the blinding rays of the sun and the cool, glowing illumination from the moon. Each significant in their own light. Medicine being the sun and internal meditation, the soft reflection of the moonlit sky. I personally, cannot separate the two, as they have become mirror images of the reflection of my self (albeit a complete mirage and in truth, utter illusion). In my view of temporal existence, each without the other... is a fools game and ultimately, potentially dangerous avenues to travel. Wink

polytrip
#32 Posted : 7/17/2010 1:20:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can see how people think of meditation as something superiour to acid. I think this has to do with the principle of discipline. The combination of spiritual experience and discipline will ofcourse get you further than any drug alone can ever take you.

corpus callosum
#33 Posted : 7/17/2010 1:34:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think in the longer term (and by this I mean decades) meditation to complement spiritual/healing pursuits is a safer way to go then repeatedly using psychedelics. I dunno if one can achieve the intensity of the psychedelic experience through meditation as I dont practise it myself, but I can appreciate how some psychedelic use would allow meditative practises to become more rewarding.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

polytrip
#34 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:03:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It may be possible to reach very deep states of mind, if you would be able to take a week of and meditate all the time you're not sleeping. This would ofcourse only work if you're already experienced with meditation or you simply won't succeed in meditating for that long.

Budhist monks have a very different brain through their years of almost constant meditation. They will have the same brainwave pattern of somebody who's in a very deep sleep, while being fully awake.

endlessness
#35 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:05:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yep and yep to polytrip and corpus callosum Smile

I also think they dont have to be mutually exclusive, that they can potentiate each other, and that the rewarding aspect of meditation might have a lot to do with discipline, with the effort one makes in self-control and development.

Though I see where they are coming from in some cases, I find it a bit awkward when people that meditate are too critical of psychedelics. I find that to be partly an ego related problem, that they need to criticise other endeavours that bring an amazing experience seemingly so easily, while they have been working for so long to achieve small changes. But also I think it might have to do with all this 'psychedelics=enlightenment' crew that seem to miss the fact that psychedelics wont make you enlightened (just look at all the 'monsters' out there taking psychedelics), though they may certainly help you see yourself and the world from different perspectives and then you can use that experience to work on yourself after the experience is over .

and yeah, as for jim carrey.. no way he is talking about dmt Razz

polytrip
#36 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:20:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
yep and yep to polytrip and corpus callosum Smile

I also think they dont have to be mutually exclusive, that they can potentiate each other, and that the rewarding aspect of meditation might have a lot to do with discipline, with the effort one makes in self-control and development.

Though I see where they are coming from in some cases, I find it a bit awkward when people that meditate are too critical of psychedelics. I find that to be partly an ego related problem, that they need to criticise other endeavours that bring an amazing experience seemingly so easily, while they have been working for so long to achieve small changes. But also I think it might have to do with all this 'psychedelics=enlightenment' crew that seem to miss the fact that psychedelics wont make you enlightened (just look at all the 'monsters' out there taking psychedelics), though they may certainly help you see yourself and the world from different perspectives and then you can use that experience to work on yourself after the experience is over .

and yeah, as for jim carrey.. no way he is talking about dmt Razz

Also a lot of users of psychedelic's are potheads. Smoking too much cannabis is a great way to block any mental devellopment. This may have something to do with the negative image psychedelic's have to some.
I also find that LSD may not be the best psychedelic for spiritual growth if used regularly. It gives interresting experiences, but can also lead to a certain tenseness: I find it very hard to meditate on LSD, contrary to other psychedelic's.

Spira
#37 Posted : 7/17/2010 5:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:

Also a lot of users of psychedelic's are potheads. Smoking too much cannabis is a great way to block any mental devellopment. This may have something to do with the negative image psychedelic's have to some.
I also find that LSD may not be the best psychedelic for spiritual growth if used regularly. It gives interresting experiences, but can also lead to a certain tenseness: I find it very hard to meditate on LSD, contrary to other psychedelic's.

How does smoking cannabis block mental development?
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

polytrip
#38 Posted : 7/17/2010 6:13:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spira wrote:
polytrip wrote:

How does smoking cannabis block mental development?

Couch-potato effect.

proto-pax
#39 Posted : 7/17/2010 10:48:03 PM

bird-brain

L_Star wrote:
could it be possible actors are in the KNOW with the drugs, and have ones that arent even avalialbe to general public?L

well if we are talking about dmt ask some random person what that is and whether or not they've heard of it.

You'll get nothing.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Spira
#40 Posted : 7/18/2010 2:46:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Couch-potato effect.

Honestly, I think that's a pretty bad generalization, but I guess that's another topic.
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

PREV123NEXT