We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Jim Carrey on DMT Options

Spira
#1 Posted : 7/15/2010 6:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably one of the last people I ever thought would be talking about the subject. Although what he says is pretty interesting albeit indirect.

http://www.youtube.com/w...leXw&feature=related
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

clouds
#2 Posted : 7/15/2010 6:37:58 PM

Human

This has nothing to do with DMT. Hell, he doesn't even mention a substance.

#3 Posted : 7/15/2010 8:35:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He sounds like he is describing some kind of mystical experience he has had. There is nothing in this video to suggest it was through using DMT, and I doubt he would admit to using it if he ever has.

There are many ways to achieve the insights he is talking about here. There are however, plenty of DMT trip reports that sound like aspects of what he is describing. I liked what he said, whatever caused him to say it. He is a very articulate guy.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Seven
#4 Posted : 7/15/2010 8:53:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah def not dmt, whoever posted the video took the liberty to make people think thats what hes talking about.

He did seem to have an awakening experience though.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

jbark
#5 Posted : 7/15/2010 8:54:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could be DMT, could be loosely veiled scientology... Nothing, except the title that the poster of the video chose, suggests the former.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Spira
#6 Posted : 7/15/2010 11:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seven wrote:
Yeah def not dmt, whoever posted the video took the liberty to make people think thats what hes talking about.

He did seem to have an awakening experience though.

Wouldn't rule it out, but it's true that he didn't specifically mention it. I imagine it would be hard to continue a career in Hollywood if he would have.
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

LucidJ
#7 Posted : 7/16/2010 12:46:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Wouldn't rule it out, but it's true that he didn't specifically mention it. I imagine it would be hard to continue a career in Hollywood if he would have.

Ya. If anyone found out that a movie star, rock star or politician tried a drug they would be fired on the spot!

Ok, sorry for that sarcasm but it only take 1 second of reflection to tell how untrue that statement probably is.

Through out history and today anything the rich do is forgiven. A govenor can do blow of a hookers back and be reelected. Heck do coke and you may be president! I think Joe Rogan is still working ... It would be easier to name the ones who don't do drugs then to list the one that do. Rolling eyes

Kannamate
#8 Posted : 7/16/2010 1:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think famous people who are known for doing drugs don't care much like ozzy,sebastian bach,tool etc. others who aren't known for doing drugs will try to protect their reputation unless it's just drinking maybe which is more socially acceptable to them and hollywood to a degree.

Spira
#9 Posted : 7/16/2010 2:54:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
I think famous people who are known for doing drugs don't care much like ozzy,sebastian bach,tool etc. others who aren't known for doing drugs will try to protect their reputation unless it's just drinking maybe which is more socially acceptable to them and hollywood to a degree.

Second
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

Norl
#10 Posted : 7/16/2010 2:59:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This seems to be some sort of conference on the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, a German psychologist, philosopher and writer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsQJyKhmqkQ for the first few moments that had been precariously left out.

It seems Tolle has never mentioned use of psychedelics or entheogens.
Nirvana may only exist in absence of the concept itself

Art by Zanaffar

Spira
#11 Posted : 7/16/2010 3:02:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Pardon me for posting this without researching further.
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

cellux
#12 Posted : 7/16/2010 7:51:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Norl wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RofybYVNCe4
@ 4:40

Apoc
#13 Posted : 7/16/2010 8:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cellux wrote:
Norl wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RofybYVNCe4
@ 4:40

LOL!!! I was not expecting him to say it like that. Interesting, he says all that happened on acid was that sense perceptions became amplified. Hmmmm.... that is nothing like what I experience on entheos.

polytrip
#14 Posted : 7/16/2010 8:30:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I once used to think that jim carrey was some adam sandler type of comedian, who get's aplauded for just acting stupid.
That was probably because of the few trailers i saw of movies that i will never see and don't even remember the names of..(dumb and dumber would be one of them, you can't forget that name but 'ace ventura pet detective' is already way to specific a name for me to remember when i don't care about the whole movie).

anyhow..then i saw 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind'. That movie truly reveals this guy's acting talent. You just cannot see that movie without seriously being touched by his acting.

There are some other movies as well. Totally of a different kind is 'a series of unfortunate events' where he reveals himself as truly a great virtuoso in behaving disgustingly.

This guy has stolen my hart.

polytrip
#15 Posted : 7/16/2010 8:35:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:

Sebastian bach???drugs? that's new for me. What did he use?

cellux
#16 Posted : 7/16/2010 8:39:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jim Carrey plays in the single most disturbing film I have seen in my life: Man on the Moon.

That film is an enigma to me. On the surface, it's just simply terrible. But when I see it, I feel something very spiritual. It feels like a zen koan, trying to wake me up.

Steely
#17 Posted : 7/16/2010 8:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I felt strange watching it because I kept expecting a punch line.

EDIT:
Well it looks like I paused the video half a second before it!
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

polytrip
#18 Posted : 7/16/2010 8:55:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

cellux wrote:
Jim Carrey plays in the single most disturbing film I have seen in my life: Man on the Moon.

That film is an enigma to me. On the surface, it's just simply terrible. But when I see it, I feel something very spiritual. It feels like a zen koan, trying to wake me up.

That's also one of those movies...this guy's seriously underestimated as an actor. He realy knows how to get an emotion through.

Edit: i still like to know what drug sebastian bach did.

#19 Posted : 7/16/2010 11:55:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yea he is def talking about ekhart tolle and his book a new earth which by the way is a life changing book a must read
i wanna i wana pipe full of portholes

L_Star
#20 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bit off hand, but could it be possible actors are in the KNOW with the drugs, and have ones that arent even avalialbe to general public? Again its a bit out there n i doubt it, but would does any one think about the possablilites etc?

Mayb J.C has got some super smoke super drugs, anti aging mayb, look at him n will smith look young as they did 20year ago Smile haha

R*R
L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

123NEXT