We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alternative Methods of Imbibement Options

SpicyPiss
#1 Posted : 5/6/2008 7:58:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I would like to bounce a few ideas of off you and get your feedback.

1. What would happen to SPICE placed in water which was heated above the vaporization temperature of SPICE; in this case let's suppose 70celcius? This leads to questions of placing a certain amount of SPICE in the smallest amount of water, heating the water and inhaling the steam/vapor. Or using some sort of nebulizing device on a sufficiently heated amount of SPICE and water.

2. Place SPICE in thin walled glass receptacle, for example a properly prepared light bulb. Using some apparatus submerge bottom 1/8th of bulb into 70celcius water ,prepare to capture vaporizing substance. With a small amount of imagination one could construct a stable devise of this description fairly easily.

Any idea on why either of these are not done? In regards to number 1 I can also imagine some sort of ultra fine suspension being inhaled a la asthma puffer after atomization via any simple atomizing spray nozzle. In regards to number 2, this just seems like a very simple way to maintain a sub combustion temperature in the vaporizing chamber, perhaps you have done this gentle reader?

I appreciate your responses,

Thank You

SpicyPiss

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

magic clown
#2 Posted : 5/6/2008 10:58:59 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I can't think of less impracticle ways of ingesting spice than the two you've just suggested SpicyPiss. Getting enough spice in, in the first place, is hard enough without trying to breath water vapour too.

We try to vapourise spice in a very specific manner. Liberating as much vapour as possible as quickly as possible and that requires direct heat. The reason being you need to injest the full dose as rapidly as possible.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 5/6/2008 2:05:20 PM

The Great Namah

SpicyPiss wrote:
Hello, I would like to bounce a few ideas of off you and get your feedback.

1. What would happen to SPICE placed in water which was heated above the vaporization temperature of SPICE; in this case let's suppose 70celcius? This leads to questions of placing a certain amount of SPICE in the smallest amount of water, heating the water and inhaling the steam/vapor. Or using some sort of nebulizing device on a sufficiently heated amount of SPICE and water.

2. Place SPICE in thin walled glass receptacle, for example a properly prepared light bulb. Using some apparatus submerge bottom 1/8th of bulb into 70celcius water ,prepare to capture vaporizing substance. With a small amount of imagination one could construct a stable devise of this description fairly easily.

Any idea on why either of these are not done? In regards to number 1 I can also imagine some sort of ultra fine suspension being inhaled a la asthma puffer after atomization via any simple atomizing spray nozzle. In regards to number 2, this just seems like a very simple way to maintain a sub combustion temperature in the vaporizing chamber, perhaps you have done this gentle reader?

I appreciate your responses,

Thank You

SpicyPiss

The methods that can be found on this site are ones that work well. They have been tried and perfected. It IS hard enough to get a solid dose down consistantly, but adding extra steps or more equipment to the mix doesn't sound like much fun. Also, the methods you have mentioned are not very portable.

Why don't you try and find an alternative way to vaporize (I'm all for trying to control the heat/rate of vaporization) and let us know. If you invent a good one, it will probably catch on.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

SpicyPiss
#4 Posted : 5/8/2008 12:52:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

We try to vapourise spice in a very specific manner. Liberating as much vapour as possible as quickly as possible and that requires direct heat. The reason being you need to injest the full dose as rapidly as possible.

Quite right, I can't imagine a more direct heat source than complete immersion. I take it from the speculative nature of the answers that neither of the respondees has witnessed the results of immersing SPICE in near boiling water.

I will one day update you with my results.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 5/8/2008 2:35:04 PM

The Great Namah

SpicyPiss wrote:

Quite right, I can't imagine a more direct heat source than complete immersion. I take it from the speculative nature of the answers that neither of the respondees has witnessed the results of immersing SPICE in near boiling water.

I will one day update you with my results.

No, I've never seen this type of set up used, but I have done enough recrystalizations to know that it will be a very slow vaporization. I usually melt my spice down before recrystalization. To do this I immerse a jar with the spice in it in water. I then slowly bring up the temperature to a simmer. It would take quite a while to get enough smoke off of that.
If you do somehow get it to work let us know how!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.