We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Ingestion without an maoi? Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 7/20/2010 12:49:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what dosage, trancenut?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BananaForeskin
#22 Posted : 7/20/2010 4:18:45 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Quote:

SWIM did some cold water mimosa extract a while ago. After several goes there were some slight visuals in the form of jupiter - like moving cloud visuals on top of a patterned lino floor covering. That was about it. Apart from the minor miracle of keeping it all down!

It should be worth noting for the information of the OP that the reason mimosa is active on its own is because it contains MAOIs.
I'm curious about the dosage though, as well, trancenut!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Apoc
#23 Posted : 7/20/2010 6:43:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I was going through the whole ayahuasca thing, I could not stand the tea, so I attempted the enema. It did not work. After much debate and discussion at another forum, it was concluded that the intestines DO in fact contain MAO's!!! I don't have the research on hand, but the enema isn't particularly any better than if you just ate dmt. People who do dmt enemas are under the mistaken impression that they'll bypass the MAOs if they go the anal route. The ass does contain mao's, and still people are having success with that method if they take a large enough dose.

You could always just try taking dmt salt orally without maoi. At this point, I am convinced that dmt WILL be active if you take it orally without maoi. It's just that your stomach will break some of it down. You'll just have to take a larger dose. Of course, start off with low doses and see how much it takes.

And of course, as others have probably mentioned, there is the sublingual method as well to bypass mao.

jamie
#24 Posted : 7/20/2010 6:47:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^do you have a source for that?
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#25 Posted : 7/20/2010 11:34:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
BananaForeskin wrote:
Quote:

SWIM did some cold water mimosa extract a while ago. After several goes there were some slight visuals in the form of jupiter - like moving cloud visuals on top of a patterned lino floor covering. That was about it. Apart from the minor miracle of keeping it all down!

It should be worth noting for the information of the OP that the reason mimosa is active on its own is because it contains MAOIs.
I'm curious about the dosage though, as well, trancenut!

Mimosa also contains juremamine, wich seems to be mainly responsible for it's effects in CWE's.

Mimosa CWE's without extra MAOI's added will not ever lead to very powerfull experiences. Slight visuals are the maximum you can get from it. Unless you would use several hundreds of grams, maybe.
Ingesting such an amount though, would probably turn your stomach into leather given the extreme amounts of tannins you'd ingest that way.

Apoc
#26 Posted : 7/20/2010 6:02:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
^do you have a source for that?

"Monoamine oxidase enzymes are in the intestinal wall.

See:"

Quote:
J Neural Transm Suppl. 1988;26:1-9.
The involvement of intestinal monoamine oxidase in the transport and metabolism of tyramine.
Hasan F, McCrodden JM, Kennedy NP, Tipton KF.

Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
The monoamine oxidase activities were found to be similar in the crypt and villous cells of the different regions of rat small intestine. In all cases the activity of the A-form of the enzyme constituted more than 70% of the total. A similar proportion of that form of the enzyme was found in homogenates of biopsy samples of human intestine. Studies with everted intestines showed that at concentrations above 10 microM over 70% of tyramine was deaminated during transport and the use of selective inhibitors confirmed the A-form of monoamine oxidase to play the dominant role in that process. "

PREV12