We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Truth about Sunlight, Cancer and Vitamin D Options

Saidin
#1 Posted : 7/10/2010 4:26:31 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Found this interesting presentation on sunlight and how it is important (in conjunction with good nutrition) for our bodies to function at optimal health. That we have been fed a myth about skin cancer being related solely to sunlight. Very interesting and worth a look, as well as some follow-up to verify the information presented.

http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=234
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jbark
#2 Posted : 7/10/2010 4:51:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The whole sunlight = skin cancer thing has baffled me for a long time. Our solution (??!!!??) is to pour ultraviolet inhibiting chemicals on our skin year after year? Sunlight is essential for well being and health (I haven't watched the vid yet, but I will when i have more time), but while I admit it may be a factor in skin cancer, we have been marketed a product that most likely exacerbates the problem...

I for one, love the sun. SUN IS LIFE.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 7/10/2010 4:56:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, baby.
That's the truth.
elusive illusion

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 7/10/2010 6:23:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Interesting video with alot of good sense but also some slightly unwarranted paranoia and one or two bits of complete gibberish-like vitamin D improves kidney function!Rolling eyes
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

jamie
#5 Posted : 7/10/2010 7:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I dont use sunscreen..and Im at the beach everyday. Im paranoid of that stuff these days.
Long live the unwoke.