We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Soxhlet and Fine Powder Options

Trickster
#61 Posted : 12/7/2010 5:10:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Shaolin wrote:
Unwarranted as in, not being selective, alkaloid wise ?

Meaning, not giving any increase of spice yield. Of course, it could be very useful for full spectrum extraction.

Shaolin wrote:
I'm not convinced about the need for some many pulls. I think you should monitor invidually. Could be that the first pull yield 450, the second one 100, and the other four 20 total.

That's a good idea for my next experiment.

Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Trickster
#62 Posted : 12/7/2010 5:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

benzyme wrote:
DCM can't unbind the alkaloids from intracellular macromolecules, that is, it doesn't hydrolyze DMT from other intracellular molecules.

Am I right thinking that alcohols can?
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

benzyme
#63 Posted : 12/7/2010 7:10:22 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

well, sort of

but alcohols will not change the charge state of the terminal amine, the primary reason we do
A/B. this separates the alks from other molecules like plant carbohydrates.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

«PREV234