We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
there isn't by any chance 2c-i in nature Options

imachavel
#1 Posted : 5/3/2008 9:16:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

2-ci found in nature is there? i wouldn't think so, but just in case....

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 5/3/2008 12:10:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

No. Iodine is not normally incorporated into these types of molecules. The only place where that may happen is in the oceans.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 5/3/2008 6:46:27 PM

The Great Namah

imachavel wrote:

2-ci found in nature is there? i wouldn't think so, but just in case....

That would be most lovely. 2C-I has been a great ally for me at times.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

imachavel
#4 Posted : 5/3/2008 9:28:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah, there IS some type of psychedelic stimulant in the root of some plant, right? i was reading about this from some drug synthesizing page. Synthesis of lsd or ald or mescaline or dmt or some shit. The guy said if you don't want to go through all the trouble to just grow some plant that had some strong psychedelic stimulant in the roots.

oh well, in the ocean you say? 2-ci has iodine incorporated in it then? damn, i didn't know that, learned something new.

adrian89987
#5 Posted : 5/3/2008 10:16:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

heh yep, hence the 'i'

ephedra has ephedrine in it, IDk if that's the stimulant you're thinking of or not....not psychedelic though.
cactus has mescaline..

I can't think of any other psychedelic phens that occur naturally off the top of my head though I'm sure tehre are some..

fourthripley
#6 Posted : 5/4/2008 12:00:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a vague recollection that methamphetamine has been discovered as a trace component of some plant, don't remember the name or have a reference though. There has been talk of some cactus or other nearly producing MDMA, or theoretically having that potential; again, it's very vague in my mind...
mistakes were made

adrian89987
#7 Posted : 5/4/2008 12:12:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea I'm pretty sure I've heard the same thing bout meth. being found in a plant

imachavel
#8 Posted : 5/4/2008 5:19:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

look up psychedelic stimulant and roots and you'll probably find it, it's more of a phenethylamine, but it happens to be somewhat like 2-ci or 2-cb, having psychedelic and stimulant qualities. the guy that gave the synthesis technique, i believe invented it, if i remember correctly, so i know it wasn't lsd, as that would be albert hoffman, it must've been mescaline or dmt or ald or some shit(i think ald was unalledgedly invented by some type of brothers or some or another that were arrested and put in jail, and the flow of ald stopped or something, i don't remember but it probably wasn't ald either). Anyhow i don't know which one it was.

i'll make another post regarding ald and a type of mushroom containing auriginascin, an trimethylammonium analogue of psilocybin.

i'll just repost it so people don't think i'm going off topic.

great replies, thanks a lot

burnt
#9 Posted : 5/4/2008 10:39:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

remember DMT was synthetisized before its was discovered chemically in nature. simple reason. its easy to make.

imachavel
#10 Posted : 5/4/2008 7:58:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i looked it up, i believe it's the calamus root. i forget what it contains

Entropymancer
#11 Posted : 5/4/2008 9:10:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Calamus doesn't contain phenethylamines; it contains asarone, an allylbenzene precursor to one of the TMAs... Did you have a point?

imachavel
#12 Posted : 5/5/2008 6:14:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

somehow i got on that subject from the subject of a natural stimulant like psychedelic. Is calamus any good?

burnt
#13 Posted : 5/5/2008 2:20:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beta-asarone is a carcinogen. it is found in a. calamus. i wouldnt waste time with it.

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 5/5/2008 2:45:49 PM

The Great Namah

I think the closest phenethylamine you are gonna find in nature is mescaline found in a number of cacti. I don't know of any other nature-made phenethylamines that are active (and someone please correct me if I am wrong).
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

burnt
#15 Posted : 5/5/2008 7:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ephedrine, cathinone, dopamine, adrenaline are all naturally occurring phenethylamines. phenethylamine itself is a naturally occurring phenethylamine.

imachavel
#16 Posted : 5/5/2008 8:03:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
beta-asarone is a carcinogen. it is found in a. calamus. i wouldnt waste time with it.

well, that definately doesn't sound worth it.

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 5/5/2008 8:16:42 PM

The Great Namah

burnt wrote:
ephedrine, cathinone, dopamine, adrenaline are all naturally occurring phenethylamines. phenethylamine itself is a naturally occurring phenethylamine.

Ah thank you.

However none of those mentioned are psycadellic. Phenethylamine itself is not even active. There are a ton of phen's in the cactus that are not active, so I kinda was just speaking of active phenethylamines. I was unaware that ephedrine, cathinone, dopamine, adrenaline were phens. I know so little chemistry/pharmacology.
The Spice extends life

Sinewave
#18 Posted : 5/6/2008 6:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
The only place where that may happen is in the oceans.

Squid extractions?

burnt
#19 Posted : 5/6/2008 6:26:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
owever none of those mentioned are psycadellic. Phenethylamine itself is not even active. There are a ton of phen's in the cactus that are not active, so I kinda was just speaking of active phenethylamines. I was unaware that ephedrine, cathinone, dopamine, adrenaline were phens. I know so little chemistry/pharmacology.

yes phenethylamine is not psychoactive but it is a neurotransmitter and active in that way. you are totally right some alkaloids in the cactus are not all active in humans (although some make you sick so in that way they are, they deter many from eating it). however they may be active against insects or some other mammal that might try to eat it.

burnt
#20 Posted : 5/6/2008 6:30:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

i must correct myself beta-asarone has not been found in american variety but in the indian variety. still would be careful tho...

12NEXT