We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Why NOT go DMT? Options

Twisted
#1 Posted : 7/6/2010 4:31:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm aware that most of you like DMT but can you tell me all the reasons why someone shouldn't do DMT? Maybe you are a big fan of different molecule?
No man is free who is not master of himself. (Epictetus)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 7/6/2010 4:49:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It'll turn you into a god damn Sexosaurus-Rex. Just like me.

gammagore
#3 Posted : 7/6/2010 5:03:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cos its illegal?

curious1
#4 Posted : 7/6/2010 5:05:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At present I am fascinated by mescaline....however it is a very long experience...I have never experienced DMT [I have never encountered DMT in my local sub-culture or I think by now I would have]...So largely it is up to me to extract my own magic....first mescaline then maybe DMT
Love

wade
#5 Posted : 7/6/2010 5:21:32 PM

wade

there are just as many reasons not to see the other side as there are reasons to

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 7/6/2010 5:28:58 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

As the Red Hot Chili Peppers said back on Blood Sugar Sex Magic: If you have to ask, you'll never know...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

corpus callosum
#7 Posted : 7/6/2010 6:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Reasons NOT to do DMT:

1.Allergy to it-but you wont find out till you try!!

2.Having a psychotic illness

3.A firm desire not to experience the most remarkable dissolution of ones senses you will find on this planet.

4.Being dead.

5.Being scared to become a Sexosaurus with all that that entails-ask Soulfood who has a bad case of sexasaurus-itis, but he appears to cope quite well with itLaughing Laughing Laughing
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

kyrolima
#8 Posted : 7/6/2010 6:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are confused already, it's a gamble wheater you get better or more confused. Ultimately it depends on yourself.
But there is always a risk!!!
elusive illusion

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 7/7/2010 2:56:23 PM

The Great Namah

Because you can't un-see what has been seen.

Because there is a chance you will come back changed

Because who wants to smoke a molecule when you can devote your entire existance to achive the same results

Because...damn that's all I gots.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

hyperspacing
#10 Posted : 7/7/2010 5:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because why would anyone want to find meaning in life.

Because hapiness is overrated

Beacause who really wants to see into themselves.

Beacuase you can't always get what ya want but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need
Very happy lol

Also being a sexosaurus can get messy so keep a towel handy.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

TrustLoveMan
#11 Posted : 7/7/2010 5:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well sometimes on DMT, my eyes explode into orgasm fireworks...that can't be goodCool

You're gonna have to try it if you want answers. Just make sure you always do the proper research before trying something new.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

picatris
#12 Posted : 7/7/2010 5:41:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because it is not pleasant. Many people get kicks out of everything, but most experiences I've lived with DMT were not the most pleasant. There are occasionally times of sheer emotional pain! These are the best chances for growing, of course, but it is not pleasant. There are many drugs that can produce pleasurable feelings: LSD, Mescaline, 2C-B, and so on, but I would never put DMT on their side. Most people I know always take a deep breath before starting and *always* ask: "do I really want to do this again?"

Because it may frighten you. And if you try it often enough you WILL be afraid. How do you cope with your fear is up to you, and also a chance to grow, but many people avoid fear and for such reason do not touch DMT ever again.

Because DMT may not be strong enough. I know I will be slammed for this statement, but never mind. DMT is very strong, but there are other stronger molecules, like Salvinorin-A or, particularly, 5-MeO-DMT. Both will convey different but much stronger experiences. Those who are in for the ultimate experience will find greener pastures elsewhere

Also remember that most people who try DMT (in whatever form) do not do it again. What you find here at the nexus are the hard-cores, the ones who really are in for the insight the molecule produces, so this is probably the last place to ask!

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

jamie
#13 Posted : 7/7/2010 6:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

there are no reasons not to do anything other than your own reasons. Anyone else giving you answers are giving you something not relative to YOU. If there is a reason for YOU to not take DMT that is for you to find out alone.
Long live the unwoke.

picatris
#14 Posted : 7/7/2010 7:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi fractal,

fractal enchantment wrote:
there are no reasons not to do anything other than your own reasons. Anyone else giving you answers are giving you something not relative to YOU. If there is a reason for YOU to not take DMT that is for you to find out alone.

That is an obvious self evident truth. For anyone to know anything he or she must experience it. You will never know what is a roller-coaster if you never entered one, no matter how many books one has read about roller-coasters. But the OP asked for a specific answer, naturally based on others experiences. And this thread was the results of what others have to share. Taking the roller-coaster example, if one is afraid of heights or get easy motion sickness one may get information that s/he may not want to try it at all!

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

Xt
#15 Posted : 7/8/2010 1:03:00 PM

fractal enchantment wrote:

I agree with this.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Twisted
#16 Posted : 7/9/2010 1:19:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that more people will be interested in this thread. I didn't started it solely for my own satisfaction. I just thought that it would be a very informative thing if people who are strongly pro-DMT start to debate about their own feelings towards DMT.

picatris wrote:
Because DMT may not be strong enough. I know I will be slammed for this statement, but never mind. DMT is very strong, but there are other stronger molecules, like Salvinorin-A or, particularly, 5-MeO-DMT. Both will convey different but much stronger experiences. Those who are in for the ultimate experience will find greener pastures elsewhere

This caught my eye. Salvia is easier to use (no chemistry needed), safer (AFAIK) and stronger (doses per gram; the experience).

OT: salvia, 5-MeO-DMT or something else?
No man is free who is not master of himself. (Epictetus)

redlightsflash
#17 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:33:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

picatris wrote:
Also remember that most people who try DMT (in whatever form) do not do it again. What you find here at the nexus are the hard-cores, the ones who really are in for the insight the molecule produces, so this is probably the last place to ask!

This is wise. I think you're probably right that most turn away from it, but how can you be sure? How many people do you know that have smoked DMT? It would have to be 200+ first timers to get a good idea of how many turn away and how many love it.

Also, you might want to factor in that some people do zero mental preparation, treat it like a lesser psychedelic, or smoke too much. These factors could probably lead one to having a bad or incredibly overwhelming experience.
All posts of mine are entirely deceptive fantasy created for my own entertainment.

Hux
#18 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:52:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some people would say that there are some things in life that we're not meant to know.
If you go too far in unravelling the mysteries of our existence then you run the risk of getting lost in all the little complexities, or even, taking the magic out of it all by simply knowing too much.

Eden
#19 Posted : 7/15/2010 5:02:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hux wrote:
If you go too far in unravelling the mysteries of our existence then you run the risk of getting lost in all the little complexities, or even, taking the magic out of it all by simply knowing too much.

Or buying into the lie that you understand, when in actuality you don't have a clue.

As many here have experienced, one can feel as if they have recieved enlightenment from the sum of all their voyages only to have the entire conclusion blown out of the water with a single trip.

gibran2
#20 Posted : 7/15/2010 5:09:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Hux wrote:
Some people would say that there are some things in life that we're not meant to know.

Don’t worry – the things we’re not meant to know are not revealed by DMT.

I’ve had many experiences where I’ve seen things that are “off-limits” to a mere mortal, and I have never been “allowed” to bring the memories back.

Also, I believe that there is much we will never know. There are eternal mysteries that will forever remain hidden.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

123NEXT