We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pau d'Arco extract (!!!) Options

BananaForeskin
#1 Posted : 7/3/2010 10:43:59 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

When I make changa, I've never used a pure solvent but always mixed the ingredients using a home-made caapi methanol extract. When I was starting another batch today, I spontaneously decided to put in some mint leaves and a bunch of pau d'arco that was lying around in addition to the usual caapi leaves.

Hopefully the changa made from this will be tested tomorrow, and I will just use 1:1 caapi:jimjam mixed together with some of the highly potent caapi/mint/pau d'arco solvent... Given how much good stuff I usually WANT to fit more of into a blend, like pau, but don't have room for, this may be a good way to do so. While it seems like the main focus in changa recipes is on the different herbs used, I would really like to experiment with different extracts as well....

Will report back!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#2 Posted : 7/9/2010 1:33:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
We'll be awaiting the report! If the solvent can deposit some of the Pau d'Arco's smooth, soothing principles into the changa, that would be great.

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 7/9/2010 3:03:13 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

The primary attempt at using the changa was a complete failure (See thread "Help! Ineffective changa?!" ), but I will be attempting to voyage with it either tonight or tomorrow... as soon as I have something concrete, I will post.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 7/9/2010 6:21:20 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

This blend was VERY different than other blends I've made in the past, although that could be for reasons other than the pau d'arco in the solvent.

I ended up making it 1:1:2 calea zacatechichi : caapi : jimjam.

A few hits on the GVG (or bong) gave me a very muddled tryptamine body-high, combined with some other slightly unpleasant body feelings and a noticeably more acute sense of hearing. The experiences had few visuals, was very delirious, and lasted for about 25 minutes before I could function normally (although the body-high stuck around longer). It felt quite stagnant.

The above took place in my room. As I opened my door near the end of one of the experiences, I looked out on the garden and a voice told me to go outside. As soon as I stepped into the garden, the stagnant, weird body-high melted outward into a feeling of well-being that led me to lie down on the grass.

I then went to the beach with a friend to continue with this blend, now that I knew it NEEDED to be smoked/vaped outside. We both experienced very deeply emotional feelings, me more so than him. There were almost no visuals, once again, but more than in my room. Outside, delirium turned to clarity, and I was literally hearing a voice talk to me about the direction my life was going as I lay in the sand and looked up at the stars.

Later on, while I was continuing with this same experience, he hit the GVG a couple of more times and after a similar come-up to those previously experienced, he was attacked by ("locked in combat with"Pleased a giant, floppy-eared fractal ostrich that had formed from a star.

Overall, I'm not sure what to make of all this. This was probably my first non-visual but still definitively psychedelic experience. I will be making another blend (using the same pau solvent), just using the caapi and not calea, and I can report back then. If anyone has input on the nature of the experience (and perhaps why it was so) I would appreciate it!

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Eden
#5 Posted : 7/9/2010 6:28:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you been steadily smoking lately? Muddled body highs with rather long lasting effects normally hit me when it's time to take a break or I am experiencing harmala hangovers.

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 7/9/2010 9:38:11 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I have been smoking a lot lately. This was one conclusion I came to last night, is that regardless of whether or not the blend is a bit odd I really need to take a break from substance use.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Dorge
#7 Posted : 7/11/2010 12:54:24 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Smoking a lot might be a part of it... Jim jam too maybe... also curious if your working with a 10x caapi leaf or vine extract or not? It wasnt clear.

But you got the voice of the caapi. SWIM thinks that is the most important part. Perhaps If the experience had gone any different you might have been distracted from the voice. SWIM i very happy to hear you had that experience, its beautiful.

Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 7/17/2010 7:37:10 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

!!!

Very good results!

Using 1:1 caapi leaf to jimjam, mixed with the caapi leaf/pau d'arco/mint enhanced solvent, the pau d'arco was DEFINITELY noticeable in the blend. In fact, this was probably one of the most interesting blends I've worked with. Once again, a VERY different sort of experience than previous changas I've tried.

As opposed to the calea blend I mentioned earlier, this was VERY visually strong and clear. It's hard to explain the visual clarity, it's very hard. The room around me changed, certainly, but in ways that were easy and fascinating to look at and process. For instance, my ceiling (I had to lie down after one hit on the GVG) morphed into a stunningly beautiful melange of Aztec figures that were dancing and ingesting things. It was probably the cleanest, clearest OEV I've ever gotten from vaped DMT. I didn't break through on it, but I suspect that such an experience would be far, far beyond words.

I introduced some friends to spice with this blend, and they all had similar visually epic experiences; some broke through. And interestingly, although the visuals were crystal-clear, it utterly destroyed one's sense of time, place, and self.

The vibrant, colorful energy of the pau d'arco was certainly present; I'd actually say that as a part of the solvent it complemented the experience better than when the plant material is physically involved. Rather than being another admixture plant, I could FEEL that now it was more of a paintbrush in the caapi's hand.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ