We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
has anyone been able to prove the apparent synchronicity evoked by lsd? Options

acolon_5
#21 Posted : 5/6/2008 2:11:16 PM

The Great Namah

burnt wrote:
Quote:
you said some pretty interesting things in your post. What did you mean about quantam physics taking all possible paths exept when observed and then ending up in the same location? that's crazy..

i ment a particle. look it up theres a lot of nice documentaries on the subject for people who dont understand the complicated math (like me). although these documentaries are also offering an explanation for an observation. and using abstract math to put meaning to it. language again may not hold the proper explanation.

i do not personally like to meditate. although i see it as a tool to moving deep into your mind. i prefer psychedelics for this purpose. i like going deep into my mind and learning about the world around me through experience. through science i can test some of the ideas i come up with in these states. thats all im saying im offering science as a way forward. religion always seems to focus on the past and what other prophets or mystics said. i say take what they said thats useful and apply it in a more progressive way. science and religion both dont have all the answers but science and experience does a better job at explaining reality then religion.

I have enjoyed meditation for the past 7 years. I find that when I meditate while on certain psycadellics I can reach depths inaccessible to me while sober. I use a method of meditation that Eknath Eswaran taught. Meditate on a scripture from one of the world great religions. I personally use the Katha Upadishand or the Dahammapada and slowly repeating the verse in my mind. It does take practice, the mind likes to wander a lot, and I am a long way off from enlightenment, but it does wonders in my day to day life.

Anyway I am rambling... I was just saying that I find meditation while deep in psycadellic sp ace has been very beneficial to me.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#22 Posted : 5/6/2008 5:07:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

yes i think its perfectly fine to do that. im not trying to offend anyone who uses meditation not by any means. to take a practice that works for you and apply it in your own life is something i agree with. the problem i find with religious practice is that so called religious leaders often say "this is the only way" or "only the prophet can speak to god" or "your a heretic for doing this the wrong way" or "you are not worthy" or "you do not understand god" or "if you claim to hear from god we will cut off your head". these things i will never ever accept and i have very little respect for societies that force such beliefs on people.

ive seen the light, ive seen the beauty of the universe and life, ive seen what people can describe as god, (although i dont use that word to describe it) ive heard voices from beyond. do I claim to be a prophet? do I claim to have all the answers? no, not at all this power lies within each of us. That is the truth that buddha and all these kinds of people were aiming for. freedom to think for yourself and find your own way is the most important thing (thats what buddha and jesus did, unfortunatly some of their ideas have been warped by certain people). if you use ideas from other people and apply them in your own life great. just dont let them run your life because then you can lose yourself.

and yes psychedelics + meditation can help even more. for me i prefer music or dancing or hiking through the forest, or watching a living organism. these are ways how i focus my mind. sometimes i lie in bed and just breathe although i wouldnt consider that meditation but i guess in a way it is.

really guys i like having these discussions and unfortunatly we cant speak face to face but really i hope no one is taking what I am saying offensively.

acolon_5
#23 Posted : 5/6/2008 7:54:52 PM

The Great Namah

I took no offense. Having differnt opinions is a good thing imo.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

imachavel
#24 Posted : 5/7/2008 1:51:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:

and yes psychedelics + meditation can help even more. for me i prefer music or dancing or hiking through the forest, or watching a living organism. these are ways how i focus my mind. sometimes i lie in bed and just breathe although i wouldnt consider that meditation but i guess in a way it is.

I don't see why not, the beginning practice of vipassana begins with observing your breathing sitting up with your eyes closed, really similar, are they not?

burnt
#25 Posted : 5/7/2008 8:18:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

werd Smile

polytrip
#26 Posted : 5/16/2008 5:17:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
When something exists, it automaticaly means it has a certain amount of possabillity's, a certain shape. When everything we know in our world that occupies our known dimensions is eventually made up of a certain type of tiniest particle it follows that there is a certain "space of possible structures" that these particles can be part of, just like when you have box filled with lego-blocks there is a certain amount of things you could build with it. Everything derived from this particles exists within this "space". The totality of all possible structure's is in a sense what mathematics describes. It is not strange that some of all that's possible with the tiniest particles is still vissible in structures that are larger and are made up of it and so eventually even the largest things known to us still reflect the possibilitys of structures and likelyhood of them, of the smallest structures. Therefore the same mathematical principles, like symmetry for instance, seem strangely to aply to all kind of totally different things. Everything, at the end is governed by the same principles. But this is just one way of looking at synchronicity and the problem is that every theory, even when it would be a totally correct one has it's limitations. This has to do with the fact that every model of reality can contain only so much parameters to describe reality and since you need a medium to describe them, the medium you use will mostly not include itself. just like you cannot make a photograph of a certain space that at the same time include's itself or the film that is used, because what medium then, would be used to describe the film? or to describe the medium used to describe the film, etc.

polytrip
#27 Posted : 5/16/2008 5:17:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
When something exists, it automaticaly means it has a certain amount of possabillity's, a certain shape. When everything we know in our world that occupies our known dimensions is eventually made up of a certain type of tiniest particle it follows that there is a certain "space of possible structures" that these particles can be part of, just like when you have box filled with lego-blocks there is a certain amount of things you could build with it. Everything derived from this particles exists within this "space". The totality of all possible structure's is in a sense what mathematics describes. It is not strange that some of all that's possible with the tiniest particles is still vissible in structures that are larger and are made up of it and so eventually even the largest things known to us still reflect the possibilitys of structures and likelyhood of them, of the smallest structures. Therefore the same mathematical principles, like symmetry for instance, seem strangely to aply to all kind of totally different things. Everything, at the end is governed by the same principles. But this is just one way of looking at synchronicity and the problem is that every theory, even when it would be a totally correct one has it's limitations. This has to do with the fact that every model of reality can contain only so much parameters to describe reality and since you need a medium to describe them, the medium you use will mostly not include itself. just like you cannot make a photograph of a certain space that at the same time include's itself or the film that is used, because what medium then, would be used to describe the film? or to describe the medium used to describe the film, etc.

flyboy
#28 Posted : 7/4/2008 4:06:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am reading an interesting book on the science of culture ie how genes and dna affect the real world, and something i read strikes a similar tone to this thread.

The same part of our brains that 'light up' when we speak or hear language also 'lights up' when we are exposed to a sequence of events or sounds or actions that we are familiar with - even if we are not made aware these stimulus are happening consciously.

In other words, our brains react to familiar patterns even if we don't. I would think this is a system that tries to reward familiarity in order to maintain order to preserve our enegry.

Sometimes i think human life was put here in the chaos of the world in order to try to bring order to it, as if the aliens sent us here on a mission to sort of "get control of the ship and fly it down to us".

wHats Yours?
#29 Posted : 7/25/2008 9:28:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

to much acid at once definantly shows u the sync but its to much to actualy learn its like a
constantly imploding bomb, probly makes no sense but anyway Laughing

PREV12