We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Potassium Hydroxide with STB tek Options

Global
#1 Posted : 7/1/2010 10:06:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I noticed that the FAQ says it's ok to use the potassium hydroxide with the A/B teks and not the STBs. Why is that?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 7/1/2010 10:32:18 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

gobalswg wrote:
I noticed that the FAQ says it's ok to use the potassium hydroxide with the A/B teks and not the STBs. Why is that?

It doesn't say it is contraindicated though; It is fine to use KOH in an STB, and as far as I can remember there are few posts of people who used it in STB with no problem.

The FAQ on the other hand is an ongoing project, constantly subjected to improvements. Thanks for pointing that out, KOH should be included in the STB-included bases!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Global
#3 Posted : 7/1/2010 11:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Ok, thanks for putting my mind to rest as far as that's concerned. My only other question is the source of potassium hydroxide. At home depot SWIM purchased "Pequa" which is a drain opener. When SWIM looked into the ingredients, reports were at 45% KOH and 55% water. First of all, should this be used at all, and secondly, since the KOH is already in an aqueous solution, should any more water be added? And as a last relevant question to the whole KOH matter, would "pH Up" purchased from a pet store be as effective? Thanks for any relevant information.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Xt
#4 Posted : 7/2/2010 12:43:36 AM

As long as that's all it contains. In my international waters, KOH is more expensive then NaOH, something to consider.
But As long as the correct PH is achieved then there's no problem. Try getting some PH papers to be sure.
The fact that the KOH is already in water makes no difference as long as the correct PH is met... so test it if your using it.

I think the wiki states what kinda PH is needed but i think its around 12.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Global
#5 Posted : 7/2/2010 2:42:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, thanks a lot, that really puts SWIM's mind at ease.